Television The Star Trek Thread V6.0

In the midst of my Voyager re-watch. I always forget about all the poor maqui who appear throughout the series, but never get a speaking role. I realize they had to use the same extras every week, unlike the other shows, but some of them have over 100 credits in the series, and we don't even really know there names. It also sucks for them, becu see the pay scale for a non speaking role, is basically $15 an hour.

I've said it before and ill say again... Voyager has, by far, the worst filler episodes of any trek series, and they have a lot of them!

The Kazon are the lamest baddies in any Trek series. They should've made the Vidians the main bad guys of the early delta quadrant. They had a cool premise, interesting makeup, and you could actually feel some compassion for there plight.

I finished DS9 a few weeks ago. It was a good show, but I found the conclusion to be pretty lackluster. The war angle though did give the viewer a feel for the scale of the Federation, which was very cool.

I dropped in the middle of season 2

Might never go back

The problem I'm having is that I don't care about the Bajorans

I find Kira to be insufferable

Who am I rooting for?
I agree that the Kira character was always annoying as shit. The show has a lot of redeeming qualities though. Many of the other characters are great, and the Dominion war story arc is probably the best in the enitre franchise. Just like TNG, it starts really slow, and you have to give the characters a chance to develop.

Dax is fine. Jadzia on the other hand.....

I thought the emphasis on "Jadzia: Klingon Warrior" in the later seasons was a little eye-rolling, especially after Worf arrived. By the time Ezri came along I was more than ready for the change.

I did like it when she went drinking with those old Klingons.
It connected DS9 to TOS and showed more insight into the life of joined trills. Pretty cool that the original actors got to return to there Klingon roles, 30 years later

It's always interesting to see how many of the same actors they use for various series. Both Tim Russ and Robert McNeil had roles on TNG as badguys, then were brought as regulars in VOY. Tim Russ was also a finalist for the role of Geordie, but lost out to Lavar Burton.

While in my VOY re-watch, I just noticed that the leader of the Ocompa, was played by Gary Graham, who would be cast as Soval in ENT. Junie Lowrey was the casting director for TNG, DS9, VOY and ENT

In the midst of my Voyager re-watch. I always forget about all the poor maqui who appear throughout the series, but never get a speaking role. I realize they had to use the same extras every week, unlike the other shows, but some of them have over 100 credits in the series, and we don't even really know there names. It also sucks for them, becu see the pay scale for a non speaking role, is basically $15 an hour.

All the Star Trek shows would frequently reuse extras. I never noticed before until I did a rewatch of TNG in 2014. This woman... man... xer? She/he/they was in numerous episodes, and even the movies.

latest

No lines that I can recall.

All the Star Trek shows would frequently reuse extras. I never noticed before until I did a rewatch of TNG in 2014. This woman... man... xer? She/he/they was in numerous episodes, and even the movies.

latest

Maybe she's a mute alien

latest

Yeah TNG had a few that were there throughout the series. DS9 also did, but they were often switched from Federation to Bajoreon to random aliens.

Poor Morn in DS9 was in like 75% of the episodes, and never said a word, so never earned more than the background actor base pay.

Yeah TNG had a few that were there throughout the series. DS9 also did, but they were often switched from Federation to Bajoreon to random aliens.

Poor Morn in DS9 was in like 75% of the episodes, and never said a word, so never earned more than the background actor base pay.

I like to imagine Morn would have sounded like Barney Gumble since he was essentially Barney in space.

Lower Decks premieres Aug 6th, with 10 weekly episodes

We’ve been waiting since March for new Star Trek content, and thanks to the just-announced arrival for Star Trek: Lower Decks, we’ll be heading back to the future before the summer is over!

The new animated series will debut on CBS All Access on Thursday, August 6, kicking off the first ten-episode season — bringing the USS Cerritos’ adventures to fans in just over five weeks. (The half-hour comedy was ordered for a two-season commitment from the start, with work on Season 2 already underway.)

The weekly episodes will then release on subsequent Thursdays.

The ‘Lower Decks’ crew — and senior staff — of the USS Cerritos. (CBS All Access)
In addition to this long-awaited scheduling announcement, we’ve also got our first official look at the California-class starship that will serve as the setting for the show, which takes place in 2380 — just after the events of Star Trek: Nemesis.

The USS Cerritos is similar to the Nebula-class — a “kitbash” ship which was made up of Galaxy-class design elements — with its saucer section separated from its octagonal warp engines and secondary hull by a pair of large nacelle struts, somewhat reminiscent of the 23rd century Oberth-class design.

The Cerritos is tasked with a mission of “second contact” — Starfleet’s follow-up brigade to new worlds who have already had their first encounters with the Federation — hence the show’s new tagline, Rarely Going Where No One Has Gone Before.

We don’t know much else yet about the show’s availability outside of the United States; while it was announced last week that the series will be available on CTV Sci-Fi Channel and Crave in Canada, as of this writing no plans for non-US/Canada distribution have yet been made public.

Back