Television The Star Trek Thread V6.0

Only other shows that give me that good Trek vibe are
Babylon 5 and Stargate SG-1.

And recently Dark Matter.

@Joe_Armstrong No love for Orville?

Also is Dark Matter good? Reviews are so mixed.

Orville is fun, but a little too comical for me.

Dark Matter is one of the few shows I waited for every week.
Solid story and cast. I can only recommend it.
Android FTW

Orville is fun, but a little too comical for me.

Dark Matter is one of the few shows I waited for every week.
Solid story and cast. I can only recommend it.
Android FTW
I think Orville is overall pretty weak. It's doesn't achieve good satire, and it doesn't achieve serious sci-fi. The whole production is "luke warm" to me. I checked out early in the first season.

Last edited:
I think Orville is overall pretty weak. It's doesn't achieve good satire, and it doesn't achieve series sci-fi. The whole production is "luke warm" to me. I checked out early in the first season.

Second season is way better and pretty dark at times. The comical aspects give more way to the sci fi element.

Is the ST:TNG series out in any kinda widescreen format anywhere? I know netflix has the regular 4:3 version.

Is the ST:TNG series out in any kinda widescreen format anywhere? I know netflix has the regular 4:3 version.
Because they filmed it for the syndication market, which was pretty all 4:3. There's a cool documentary on the TNG blu ray, on why they couldn't do them in widescreen. Here's a pic of them filming a scene, and it shows you what actually be shown in widescreen. Often they had lights so close to the actors, no ceilings, and often wouldn't have the complete sets up. Everything would be distorted if they did it as widescreen, and since they spent so much money restoring the original negative, it didn't make sense to then digitally stretch it.

tng_extras_003.jpg

Volume 3 of the Star Trek: Year Five TOS comic is out. I really like it so far, a storyline about the Tholians but also other classic themes are revisited. Reading works great with the Kindle app on my smartphone.

How is that copyright lawsuit with discovery going? Seems they blatantly ripped of that dudes game.

Great news. He should consult or write for all the trek shows. As you know, both you and I have been singing his praises for years. The Destiny trilogy should be standard reading for all Trek fans.

How is that copyright lawsuit with discovery going? Seems they blatantly ripped of that dudes game.
Terrible for the guy suing. I haven't heard much about it since he tried to claim that because one junior writer on DSC had a steam account(but never played or bought the game), that, that was proof they stole his idea. Unfortunately for him, she didn't join the production until the show had already been greenlit and cast, and was already filming, so there was no way she could have stolen his ideas.

picard-poster.jpg

If you zoom in on his dog's collar, you can see his dog tag is a star fleet badge, with #1 on it. Pretty cool. I'm sure the pit bull was Patrick's idea, because he got into adopting older rescue oitbulls a few years ago.

picard-poster.jpg

If you zoom in on his dog's collar, you can see his dog tag is a star fleet badge, with #1 on it. Pretty cool. I'm sure the pit bull was Patrick's idea, because he got into adopting older rescue oitbulls a few years ago.

Really hope SDCC will give us more fodder.

Really hope SDCC will give us more fodder.
There's going to be tons of news at SDCC. So much Trek stuff happening.

Picard has already filmed 6 episodes, so I expect a trailer to appear at comic con. It premieres in just a few short months, fall 2019.

Discovery season 3, started filming in Iceland and Ireland at the beginning of July. The full cast will gather next week in Toronto to begin the full filming schedule, which should last until November. It's projected to air 1st quarter 2020, I'm betting late Jan or Feb.

There are 6 new short trek episodes that have been filmed or are currently being animated. One episode has been confirmed to be about Number One and Lt. Spock on board the Enterprise. These will most likely air between the finale of Picard and DSC season 3 premiere.

Lower Decks is well into production, and will likely be airing mid to late 2020. Good chance we will see a teaser trailer from comic con.

Section 31 show has largely been written and will go into full production, after season 3 of DSC.

The new Nickelodeon kids trek show is in early production. Sounds like they are aiming for 2021 release.

It also wouldn't surprise me, if CBS announces Star Trek Pike series.

I am also wondering whether Mack is working on the Nickelodeon show (most likely, as the keeper of Canon) or whether it is previously unannounced thing.

I am also wondering whether Mack is working on the Nickelodeon show (most likely, as the keeper of Canon) or whether it is previously unannounced thing.
Do far it's power decks and the new nickelodeon show. The show runners for the nick show, retweeted and commented on his announcement.

Mack has been pretty quiet lately, and said he has some big stuff potentially brewing, so it wouldn't shock me if he ends up with a far bigger role, in the trek world.

Do far it's power decks and the new nickelodeon show. The show runners for the nick show, retweeted and commented on his announcement.

Mack has been pretty quiet lately, and said he has some big stuff potentially brewing, so it wouldn't shock me if he ends up with a far bigger role, in the trek world.

Well the way he announced his role I would think this is that role?

Jean Luc on his 79th birthday:
vtj53fcczx931.jpg

Back