Television The Star Trek Thread V6.0

<PlusJuan>
I just watched "The Andorian Incident" last night.
Jeffery fucking Combs ftw as Shran.
Great ending to the story as well.
I like the bad Vulcans concept.
ImpoliteMajesticJunco-max-1mb.gif

im 1 of the few humans that liked enterprise
Enterprise has aged like fine wine. For whatever reason, I lost interest in Enterprise during season one. It was before DVRs, before the internet is what its become, and was on UPN, who liked to change when it aired.

It wasn't until it became available on Netflix that I finally decided to give it a fair chance, and it ended up being great. They were really hitting there stride when they were canceled.

<PlusJuan>
I just watched "The Andorian Incident" last night.
Jeffery fucking Combs ftw as Shran.
Great ending to the story as well.
I like the bad Vulcans concept.
He was going to become a regular cast member in season 5. First Andorian in Star Fleet. Too bad UPN sucked....

I couldn't stand the main theme.
But the mirror universe theme was great and I would listen to it instead of skipping the opening.

BTW I feel like the best mirror universe episode.
They originally made the intro, to U2's "Beautiful day", so that's why they agreed to go with the video they had. At the last second, UPN decided they didn't want to pay U2, so they bought "Faith of the heart"......

They originally made the intro, to U2's "Beautiful day", so that's why they agreed to go with the video they had. At the last second, UPN decided they didn't want to pay U2, so they bought "Faith of the heart"......
I hate U2.
Is that song an instrumental? That's what a ST theme should be.

There really happens a lot in the last 4 episodes of DS9.
You have Bashir and Ezri, Gowron and Worf, Quark and the Nagus, Sloan and Bashir and
Kira, Damar and Garak resistance.
Love how Kira helps the Cardassians in a cloak from the shadows at the end

Theatrical Screenings in the UK, Ireland & Germany NEXT MONTH
Our screenings in the US & Canada earlier this month were an incredible success -- so much so that our friends at CinEvents have announced a similar one-night-only event throughout the UK, Ireland and Germany next month on Wednesday, June 26th!

Thanks for posting. I'm going to check it out next week in Stuttgart.

Ha. I actually am thinking about going, too. It's not a big cinema.

It's a really great film. I saw it through my indiegogo backer perk but was going to go see in theaters with a buddy, and it was actually sold out at several theaters in the Seattle area. Multiple theaters had to add additional showings. Cool to see it doing so well. I'll be curious to see where it ends up eventually on streaming sites.

It's a really great film. I saw it through my indiegogo backer perk but was going to go see in theaters with a buddy, and it was actually sold out at several theaters in the Seattle area. Multiple theaters had to add additional showings. Cool to see it doing so well. I'll be curious to see where it ends up eventually on streaming sites.

Yeah the thing is the wife is pregnant much, so leaving her alone with the kid is not that easy this week. Will probably wait until it is available for streaming

Yes, it's not a very big cinema. There were a few empty seats. It was a decent doc. The remastered footage on the big screen was nice. I just wish there was AC in these German theaters.

So in January I started watching Enterprise on Netflix. Finally finished it up on Sunday night. I really liked it. I had watched about 80-90% of season 1 when it originally aired in 2001, and then about 20% of season 2 when it aired, but none of season 3 or 4 except for the series finale. I just couldn't get into it back then. But watching it now, I think it was really good. Arguably better than Voyager, and definitely better than the JJ Abrams era movies which I don't even consider "real Star Trek".

Just started watching Discovery last night. Definitely not liking it so far. What in the fuck did they do to the Klingons?? Forty years of this:

klingon-2-56aec23c3df78cf772bdaca0.jpg

To now be replaced with this?!?:

dsc-what-we-know-about-tkuvma-header.jpg
]

The fuck...?

So in January I started watching Enterprise on Netflix. Finally finished it up on Sunday night. I really liked it. I had watched about 80-90% of season 1 when it originally aired in 2001, and then about 20% of season 2 when it aired, but none of season 3 or 4 except for the series finale. I just couldn't get into it back then. But watching it now, I think it was really good. Arguably better than Voyager, and definitely better than the JJ Abrams era movies which I don't even consider "real Star Trek".

Just started watching Discovery last night. Definitely not liking it so far. What in the fuck did they do to the Klingons?? Forty years of this:

]

The fuck...?

<{clintugh}>

I started watching the first ep of Enterprise, wasn't feeling it and didn't bother with any of the newer shows ever since.

Yes, it's not a very big cinema. There were a few empty seats. It was a decent doc. The remastered footage on the big screen was nice. I just wish there was AC in these German theaters.

Many of those I know have it usually (e.g. Traumpalast cinemas in Esslingen, Waiblingen iirc).

Looking forward to watching it.

I really hope they find a way to cast Jeffery combs. That guy IS Star Trek

Me in my Kira shirt with jim cornette:
20190324_150607-768x1024.jpg

]

The fuck...?
I did the same with ENT. I love that show now.

DSC get better as it goes along. It improves throughout season 1 and season 2 is fantastic, as they fix many of the mistakes they made in season 1.

Star Trek: Picard’: Michael Chabon Named Showrunner Of CBS All Access Series
michael-chabon-2-e1561652718369.jpg

EXCLUSIVE: “I’m really so delighted, and I can’t believe I get a chance to be part of this,” Pulitzer Prize-winning author Michael Chabontold Deadline last fall about joining the writers room of CBS All AccessStar Trek: Picard series as an executive producer. The lifelong Star Trek fan has now been named showrunner of the Star Trek revival that is bringing Trek icon Patrick Stewart back into Federation space.

Chabon, who had been part of the core creative team on the series, is working closely on the day-to-day production with fellow executive producers, veteran Star Trekwriter/producer Akiva Goldsman, and Alex Kurtzman, who continues to oversee the expansion of the growing Star Trek universe for CBS TV Studios.

“Daring, lyrical, humane, whimsical, celebrated: words that describe both Jean-Luc Picard and the literary genius of Michael Chabon,” said Kurtzman. “Despite a laundry list of accomplishments most writers only dream of, Michael shines with the heart and soul of a Trekkie who’s finally found his dream job. We’re so fortunate to have him at the helm as we explore this next chapter in the great captain’s life.”

In Star Trek: Picard, Stewart reprises his role as Jean-Luc Picard, which he played for seven seasons on Star Trek: Next Generation. Star Trek: Picard will follow Picard in the next chapter of his life.

Star Trek: Picard, produced by CBS TV Studios in association with Secret Hideout and Roddenberry Entertainment, will also star Alison Pill, Harry Treadaway, Isa Briones, Santiago Cabrera, Michelle Hurd and newcomer Evan Evagora.

Stewart, Kurtzman, James Duff, Goldsman, Chabon, Heather Kadin, Rod Roddenberry and Trevor Roth executive produce, with Aaron Baiers of Secret Hideout serving as co-executive producer and Kirsten Beyer as supervising producer. Hanelle Culpepper will direct the first two episodes of the series, making her the first woman to direct a pilot or debut episode of a Starfleet series in the franchise’s 53-year history.

Star Trek has been an important part of my way of thinking about the world, the future, human nature, storytelling and myself since I was ten years old,” said Chabon. “I come to work every day in a state of joy and awe at having been entrusted with the character and the world of Jean-Luc Picard, with this vibrant strand of the rich, intricate and complex tapestry that is Trek.’”

Chabon is the bestselling and Pulitzer Prize-winning author of the novels The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay, Moonglow, Wonder Boys and The Yiddish Policeman’s Union, among others. His screenplays and teleplays include John Carter, Spiderman 2, Unbelievable– which he wrote with his writing partner and wife, Ayelet Waldman – as well as the Star Trek: Short Treks episode “Calypso.” In addition to the Pulitzer Prize, Chabon has won the Hugo, Nebula, Mythopoeic, Sidewise and Ignotus awards (Spain’s Hugo Award) and many others.

Back