Television The Star Trek Thread V6.0

My favorite character ever in Star Trek was Morn. He never said a word yet you knew exactly what he was saying.

Don't see an issue with that. Medical advancement, established canon of McCoy visiting the 1701-D at 137 years old, etc. - they sure will push the age aspect of the story, but it also makes sense. Picard was 59 when he took command of the Enterprise. Stewart was younger, but the age progression since then is similar.
No, I'm glad they are properly aging him. Many people forget he was captain of the Star Gazer for 26 years, before becoming captain of the Enterprise(He also served several years, in between the loss of the Star Gazer and getting the Enterprise, working for Admiral Hansen, on starship development). Hell in the novels he knocked Beverly up in his mid 80s,

Here are a few pics from the Picard museum, CBS has set up for comic con.

https://treksphere.com/conventions/star-trek-sdcc19-enter-the-picard-exhibit/

Image-Jean-Luc-Picard-The-First-Duty-SDCC-2019-41.jpg

Image-Jean-Luc-Picard-The-First-Duty-SDCC-2019-10-713x950.jpg
Image-Jean-Luc-Picard-The-First-Duty-SDCC-2019-3-713x950.jpg
Image-Jean-Luc-Picard-The-First-Duty-SDCC-2019-58.jpg

Countdown to SDCC panel is running, just 4 hours from now. Hope we get info really soon.

Main theme ranking: What are your favorites?

My order goes like this:

1. DS9
2. VOY
3. TNG
4. TOS
5. DSC
6. ENT

Main theme ranking: What are your favorites?

My order goes like this:

1. DS9
2. VOY
3. TNG
4. TOS
5. DSC
6. ENT

5. Voyager
4. Enterprise
3. Original Series
2. Next Generation
1. Deep Space 9

5. Voyager
4. Enterprise
3. Original Series
2. Next Generation
1. Deep Space 9

We seem to disagree on Voyager. I admit I love the opening there (including the visuals).

Regarding Enterprise, I liked it more as time progressed somehow.

We seem to disagree on Voyager. I admit I love the opening there (including the visuals).

Regarding Enterprise, I liked it more as time progressed somehow.
When was the last time you watched Enterprise? If you binge on it now, you might appreciate it a lot more.

When was the last time you watched Enterprise? If you binge on it now, you might appreciate it a lot more.

Maybe about 10-12 years ago. I watched one episode earlier this year, the one where the crew goes insane and Trip gets obsessed with the Captain's chair.

Edit: I actually never binged it

Last edited:
CBS News reporting that Comic Con will see first Lower Decks footage and a trailer for Picard.

Oh, almost forgot to do this, but with the new thread up, I merged that discrete Picard thread started last year in August where I had previously been separating all Picard-related posts into the v5 of the Star Trek megathread (with a permanent redirect):
https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/the-star-trek-thread-v5-0.3640401/

Not much practical benefit to this, but if you want to find those posts, now, it preserves them more neatly for archival reference. Just a heads up.

Oh, almost forgot to do this, but with the new thread up, I merged that discrete Picard thread started last year in August where I had previously been separating all Picard-related posts into the v5 of the Star Trek megathread (with a permanent redirect):
https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/the-star-trek-thread-v5-0.3640401/

Not much practical benefit to this, but if you want to find those posts, now, it preserves them more neatly for archival reference. Just a heads up.

Thanks.

Kurtzman, Peck and Romijn debuted a trailer for the upcoming Star Trek: Short Treks which revealed the titles for the six upcoming new shorts: “Ask Not,” “Q&A,” “The Trouble with Edward,” “The Girl Who Made the Stars,” “Ephaim and Dot” and “Children of Mars.”

Back