Television The Star Trek Thread V6.0

WTF another prequel. I hated it when they brought out Enterprise.

Now there are 3 prequels Wokovery, Enterprise and New Worlds ?

Jesus F'in Christ !
Out of misery I will watch Picard.

modern star trekis being produced by man children who have no understanding of engineering logic or any type of self responsability that is why you have useless idiots as characters who thinks this is wwe and we need undertaker type of charachter to basicly act wwe persona in already acting show.wokeovery i mean that guy long coat dirty looking all some street looking. and all the other actors in wokeovery is just ridiculus

WTF another prequel. I hated it when they brought out Enterprise.

Now there are 3 prequels Wokovery, Enterprise and New Worlds ?

Jesus F'in Christ !
Out of misery I will watch Picard.
Watch Strange new worlds. It's excellent. Picard season 2, first 2 episodes and last 2 episodes were good, but the middle of the season is pretty rough. You can tell it was made in full covid lockdown mode. Season 3 comes out later this years, and the TNG cast are the stars.

SNW was really fucking good. Hope they keep this level of quality up. Also looking forward to seeing what they do with La'an Noonien Singh too. Will she turn heel on them like Khaaaaaan, or stay on the light side, albeit with a struggle?

modern star trekis being produced by man children who have no understanding of engineering logic or any type of self responsability that is why you have useless idiots as characters who thinks this is wwe and we need undertaker type of charachter to basicly act wwe persona in already acting show.wokeovery i mean that guy long coat dirty looking all some street looking. and all the other actors in wokeovery is just ridiculus
I'm waiting for Star Trek to be Star Trek again before I watch anymore. Enterprise was the last decent ST show. That was fucking forever ago.

Also love the DS9 epsisode where Jake and Nog try to aquire a baseball card for Captain Sisko to cheer him up and they get involved with
Kai Winn, the Vorta and Jem Hadar

https://www.ign.com/articles/star-trek-strange-new-worlds-premiere-review

Strange new Worlds is getting stellar reviews. I have yet to find on that gives it below 8/10. This reviewwr also runs the long running transporter room 3 podcast, and hasn't been the biggest fan of DSC or Picard, but had seen the first 5 episodes of SWN and said it's incredible.

Captain Pike's hair alone deserves top marks.

I'm waiting for Star Trek to be Star Trek again before I watch anymore. Enterprise was the last decent ST show. That was fucking forever ago.
Highly recommend you check out Strange new worlds. Amazing cast, great episodes, top-tier special effects.

Captain Pike's hair alone deserves top marks.

The man does have some epic hair, that never moves an inch. Anson Mount is great as the captain, but they did a great job casting the series, and actually made you give a shit about the other characters, which the other new Trek series have failed miserably at.

They just wrapped season 2 on Friday. Can't wait.
I know. Next bastard year though...
The man does have some epic hair, that never moves an inch. Anson Mount is great as the captain, but they did a great job casting the series, and actually made you give a shit about the other characters, which the other new Trek series have failed miserably at.
As someone who likes the new shows, I can't really disagree there. Looks like Picard's mostly dropping their cast in favour of a TNG reunion, and Discovery's been patchy at best. You get some on characters not named Michael, but Star Trek's at its best when it gives the other characters room to grow. Something TOS did a shit job at too, but that was a different time.

I know. Next bastard year though...

As someone who likes the new shows, I can't really disagree there. Looks like Picard's mostly dropping their cast in favour of a TNG reunion, and Discovery's been patchy at best. You get some on characters not named Michael, but Star Trek's at its best when it gives the other characters room to grow. Something TOS did a shit job at too, but that was a different time.
I enjoyed most of Picard's cast. It has been confirmed that the reason most are not coming back is, because the original TNG cast asking price ate up the budget, so only Raffi and Seven will be back. DSC has done a terrible job with its cast. Who is the engineer, Stamets or Reno? Who's 1st and 2nd officer since Saru is technically a captain whos on a temporary assignment?

I enjoyed most of Picard's cast. It has been confirmed that the reason most are not coming back is, because the original TNG cast asking price ate up the budget, so only Raffi and Seven will be back. DSC has done a terrible job with its cast. Who is the engineer, Stamets or Reno? Who's 1st and 2nd officer since Saru is technically a captain whos on a temporary assignment?
Stamets is the engineer until he's the pilot, or if Reno's turning up from wherever she hides when Tig isn't available, or when Adira's sorting shit out, or when... And yeah, Saru's an odd one. He's the main one that's had plenty of development, but what is his role? Having two captains on board almost permanently must seriously fuck up the chain of command. I guess Captain Burnham is the Discovery's captain, so Captain Saru is Number One when he's there, but that position's wasted on him. I'm pretty sure Tilly was Number One, but she's fucked off to Starfleet Academy. Maybe one of the ones that are in every episode but don't get their names in the opening credits, like the hot pilot that Burnham disfigured in her mutiny? Detmer I think. Fuck knows. I'd put the doctor there, as the poor sod already juggles every other job, with a little help from David Cronenberg.

Back