Television The Star Trek Thread V6.0

I'm sure most of us are aware how unpopular Neelix from Voyager is among Star Trek fans however it seems even he has his fans.

https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/star-trek-universe-paramount-plus-prodigy-1234914526/

First imagines from the Star Trek Prodigy. It was announced today that it will air first on Paramount+, then be released on Nickelodeon. It will air this year.

Season 2 of lower decks and season 4 of Discovery will also be airing in 2021. Picard and Strange new worlds both started production last week, so will be early 2022 air dates.

I know I constantly shit on “nuTrek” but I thought Lower Decks had its moments, but this Prodigy show looks stupid af. If they’re going to go with a crew made up entirely of aliens why wouldn’t they at least use Star Trek aliens? They could have had a Klingon, a Ferengi, an Andorian, a Gorn, a Tholian etc. You name it. Instead of just creating a bunch of new aliens on a completely ad hoc basis?

Hard pass

Paramount+ announced today that all releases from the Paramount umbrella, ie Paramount MGM ect, will be released on the streaming service within 35-45 days of theatrical release. That's pretty cool, that we will see new movies so soon after release.

I know I constantly shit on “nuTrek” but I thought Lower Decks had its moments, but this Prodigy show looks stupid af. If they’re going to go with a crew made up entirely of aliens why wouldn’t they at least use Star Trek aliens? They could have had a Klingon, a Ferengi, an Andorian, a Gorn, a Tholian etc. You name it. Instead of just creating a bunch of new aliens on a completely ad hoc basis?

Hard pass
They just showed one picture, for a animated Nickelodeons kid show. The are going to make the characters goofy and cartoon like, because its for kids. Little early to damn the show.

"The Star Trek Voyager Documentary | Indiegogo"

Next week crowd funding begins for a new Voyager documentary, from the team that made, what we left behind, and for the love of Spock. I donated to both projects, and was pretty happy with the perks they offered.

They just showed one picture, for a animated Nickelodeons kid show. The are going to make the characters goofy and cartoon like, because its for kids. Little early to damn the show.

You can easily making goofy and cartoon like Andorians, Ferengi, Gorn or Tholians. Hell, why not slap some googley eyes on a Horta?

You can easily making goofy and cartoon like Andorians, Ferengi, Gorn or Tholians. Hell, why not slap some googley eyes on a Horta?
She doesn't need Googely eyes. SHE JUST WATS TO RAISE HER ROCK KIDS IN PEACE!

Been rewatching DS9, who made the better baddie, Gul Dukat or Kai Winn? Both aren't your classic villian, and both have done good in threw story arc, yet are ultimately flawed and dangerous.

I had high hopes for Prodigy, wanting to watch it with my kid. But I feel let down by that artwork. Not the style, it's brilliant. But there is no way to tell the Franchise. Star Wars? Fantastic Four spin-off? Nothing is familiar, nothing evokes connection to established lore. This feels like a huge letdown already now. Kids who like this are supposed to want to watch the rest. Of course I am judging a book by its cover here, but man, they blew this first chance.

Been rewatching DS9, who made the better baddie, Gul Dukat or Kai Winn? Both aren't your classic villian, and both have done good in threw story arc, yet are ultimately flawed and dangerous.

They’re both great villains, though very different. They share parallels in that they’re egotistical and power hungry, though Dukat is easily more insane, even before Zial (sp?) died, and completely looney toons after.

I had high hopes for Prodigy, wanting to watch it with my kid. But I feel let down by that artwork. Not the style, it's brilliant. But there is no way to tell the Franchise. Star Wars? Fantastic Four spin-off? Nothing is familiar, nothing evokes connection to established lore. This feels like a huge letdown already now. Kids who like this are supposed to want to watch the rest. Of course I am judging a book by its cover here, but man, they blew this first chance.
Evidently, they are designs that have been proposed for other trek series but were never pulled off. Animation means they can go as crazy as they want with the designs. Also, they think about things like toy sales and stuff. Kinda surprised we didn't get to see what Janeway looks like.

I'm sure most of us are aware how unpopular Neelix from Voyager is among Star Trek fans however it seems even he has his fans.

I don't really disagree, Kes as a character never really worked that well for me(until ironically her return, same as Tasha in TNG) which I spose hurt Neelix but yes the odd couple situation with Tuvok worked well for me and generally he did add a bit of a human edge to a show that was IMHO otherwise a bit lacking in it relative to TNG and DS9.

Last edited:

The VOY documentary is live. They blew past there fundraising goal in less than 4 hours, and are about to pass 300k raised in less than 8 hours. I donated for the $50 fan pack. This is the smae group that has produced What we left behind, the Spock film, chaos on the bridge, the captains and more.

Last edited:
Wow the Voyager doc is about to hit $500,000 raised in the first day. At this rate they are going to be able to spend some money and upscale all the Voyager footage to full HD, like they did for the DS9 doc

This just randomly came up in my YouTube recommendations. Old Scotty lived quite a life. Talks about WW2 and storming the beach on D day, killing German soldiers, getting shot, and the casts unilateral hate for William Shatner on Howard Stern. Fun old school interview.

This just randomly came up in my YouTube recommendations. Old Scotty lived quite a life. Talks about WW2 and storming the beach on D day, killing German soldiers, getting shot, and the casts unilateral hate for William Shatner on Howard Stern. Fun old school interview.

Jimmy Doohan would have been 101 years old today. It also marks the 12th anniversary of his Ashes being illegally snuck aboard the International Space station, where they still reside.

Looks like JJ doesn't want to let go of the Star Trek films quite yet. Still dosent mean it's going to be made, as we have seen over the last few years.

Kalinda Vazquez penning Star Trek script
The news comes from Deadline in an exclusive report that Paramount Pictures has tapped Kalinda Vazquez to write a script for “an original movie that she hatched.” According to the report, J.J. Abrams’ Bad Robot is producing for the project. Even though Abrams has signed a new deal with Warner Brothers, he and Bad Robot have continued their relationship with Paramount, including producing two upcoming Mission: Impossible films and an upcoming Cloverfield sequel.

Fans may recognize Vazquez’s name as she joined Star Trek: Discovery as a consulting producer in season three and wrote the teleplay for the episode “Terra Firma, Part 2.” She also wrote the Short Treks episode “Ask Not.” It can also be said that Star Trek has been part of her entire life as she was named for the character Kelinda (a Kelvan) from the Star Trek: The Original Series episode “By Any Other Name.” Before joining Discovery, Vazquez worked as a writer and producer on a number of series including Fear of the Walking Dead, Once Upon a Time, Prison Break, and Nikita. Vazquez was recently tapped to collaborate with George R.R. Martin for the HBO time travel series Roadmarks which she will be executive producing and showrunning.

This would be her first feature film project and would make her the first woman ever to write a Star Trek movie. Discovery showrunner Michelle Paradise congratulated Vazquez on Twitter.

No word yet on casting, plot, a director, or how the film ties into the Star Trek Universe.

This would be the fourth script Paramount has commissioned since Star Trek Beyond in 2016. Other projects that have been in development include a direct sequel to Beyond with Chris Hemsworth returning as George Kirk, an R-rated Trek film based on an idea from Quentin Tarrantino, and a new take on Trek from writer/director Noah Hawley.

As of last summer, all of those projects were said to be on hold as Paramount’s new head of motion pictures Emma Watts considered where to go next with the franchise. This new script could indicate she has decided to put all those other projects behind and move in a new direction.

https://trekmovie.com/2021/03/04/br...riter-to-pen-original-star-trek-feature-film/

Looks like JJ doesn't want to let go of the Star Trek films quite yet. Still dosent mean it's going to be made, as we have seen over the last few years.

Kalinda Vazquez penning Star Trek script
The news comes from Deadline in an exclusive report that Paramount Pictures has tapped Kalinda Vazquez to write a script for “an original movie that she hatched.” According to the report, J.J. Abrams’ Bad Robot is producing for the project. Even though Abrams has signed a new deal with Warner Brothers, he and Bad Robot have continued their relationship with Paramount, including producing two upcoming Mission: Impossible films and an upcoming Cloverfield sequel.

Fans may recognize Vazquez’s name as she joined Star Trek: Discovery as a consulting producer in season three and wrote the teleplay for the episode “Terra Firma, Part 2.” She also wrote the Short Treks episode “Ask Not.” It can also be said that Star Trek has been part of her entire life as she was named for the character Kelinda (a Kelvan) from the Star Trek: The Original Series episode “By Any Other Name.” Before joining Discovery, Vazquez worked as a writer and producer on a number of series including Fear of the Walking Dead, Once Upon a Time, Prison Break, and Nikita. Vazquez was recently tapped to collaborate with George R.R. Martin for the HBO time travel series Roadmarks which she will be executive producing and showrunning.

This would be her first feature film project and would make her the first woman ever to write a Star Trek movie. Discovery showrunner Michelle Paradise congratulated Vazquez on Twitter.

No word yet on casting, plot, a director, or how the film ties into the Star Trek Universe.

This would be the fourth script Paramount has commissioned since Star Trek Beyond in 2016. Other projects that have been in development include a direct sequel to Beyond with Chris Hemsworth returning as George Kirk, an R-rated Trek film based on an idea from Quentin Tarrantino, and a new take on Trek from writer/director Noah Hawley.

As of last summer, all of those projects were said to be on hold as Paramount’s new head of motion pictures Emma Watts considered where to go next with the franchise. This new script could indicate she has decided to put all those other projects behind and move in a new direction.

https://trekmovie.com/2021/03/04/br...riter-to-pen-original-star-trek-feature-film/

I am up for anything that is original. Let the JJverse die.

i don't know where to put this but is anybody loosing interest in star tek since voyager. i mean i lost interest since voyager i can watch episodes of it over and over again with entusiasm while enterpriser/archer i mean itis like ok i know what is going to happen and move on do something else.zindi were good but other just crap. and then came discovery and that is just uselss. ask wang if he thinks 80-90's mentality and world view should be introdused into star trek again no more over the top congradulations to people just because they gay or fat like that blond girl. but just be natural

Back