Television The Star Trek Thread V6.0

I'm ready for a new installment already. Let's get going gosh dang it!!
star-trek-beyond.jpg

I’m watching TNG and Riker, Worf and Geordi just got together to defend beards against Dr. Crusher for a good 5 mins of an episode. This is the GOAT show period

Anyone else see the Star trek Ad during the Superbowl?

So I have been watching all the old Star Trek movies over again. They still hold up for me. About to start the TNG ones.

If there was a time for Star Trek to get on the ball cinematically, it would be now while Disney is doing the TV thing.

So I have been watching all the old Star Trek movies over again. They still hold up for me. About to start the TNG ones.

If there was a time for Star Trek to get on the ball cinematically, it would be now while Disney is doing the TV thing.
Hopefully, now that CBS and Paramount have re-merged they will finally figure out the movie side. That said Star Trek has always been mainly a TV franchise. No doubt they will continue to try and pump out as much content as possible for Paramount+, and the movie industry is still in shambles. Time to move on from the JJverse and bring in a new cast.

Hopefully, now that CBS and Paramount have re-merged they will finally figure out the movie side. That said Star Trek has always been mainly a TV franchise. No doubt they will continue to try and pump out as much content as possible for Paramount+, and the movie industry is still in shambles. Time to move on from the JJverse and bring in a new cast.
Don't know bro. Star Trek is about the only thing JJ didn't screw up for me. I like Pine and Quinto as Kirk and Spock TBH.

In my personal opinion, Star Trek could be Star Wars massive, but the focus on exploration and peace, kind of holds it back. I think if it had a more military action skew, it'd sell better.

OR.............let's just rip Disney completely and come out with......

The Klingon
klingon.jpg

The old Star Trek movies hold up great imo. The TNG movies kinda suck balls. I like the reboots too, at least the first two.

For me, it goes:

TNG series > DS9 > TOS movies > TOS > Reboot movies >

Then the mediocre tier:

TNG movies > Voyager > Enterprise >

Then the absolute shit tier:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ST:Vomit >> ST: Diarrhea >>>>>>>> ST: Picard > ST: Discovery

The old Star Trek movies hold up great imo. The TNG movies kinda suck balls. I like the reboots too, at least the first two.

For me, it goes:

Then the mediocre tier:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ST:Vomit >> ST: Diarrhea >>>>>>>> ST: Picard > ST: Discovery
<mma4>
Sounds about right. Ds9 is in my mid tier though. I think the TOS movies suffered from the fact they started them way too late in the actors lives.

Don't know bro. Star Trek is about the only thing JJ didn't screw up for me. I like Pine and Quinto as Kirk and Spock TBH.

In my personal opinion, Star Trek could be Star Wars massive, but the focus on exploration and peace, kind of holds it back. I think if it had a more military action skew, it'd sell better.

OR.............let's just rip Disney completely and come out with......

The Klingon
klingon.jpg
The JJverse cast is too expensive and difficult to all pin-down. They aren't beloved by fans, so at this point, I think they should really start over. Honestly, I would love for them to focus on a new ship and crew.

The JJverse cast is too expensive and difficult to all pin-down. They aren't beloved by fans, so at this point, I think they should really start over. Honestly, I would love for them to focus on a new ship and crew.
With the exception of Zoe, I don't think the cast is "A" list money. They can pull it off. They aren't beloved by fans, but then again, they are a reboot with only three movies under their belt. Each movie did well.

That being said, I also wouldn't mind a new ship or crew. The question is, would fans invest in the franchise if it wasn't the Enterprise up on the big screen? I wonder how die hard Trekkies would be about change of focus away from original source materials? I'm not a die hard Trekkie, but I know how worked up I can get over Star Wars, especially when referencing the sequel trilogy and how much I hated it. Are the JJ verse films as hated as the SW:ST amongst Star Trek fans? I've already seen that they have changed the Klingon's appearance multiple times already. They look terrible in Discovery.

With the exception of Zoe, I don't think the cast is "A" list money. They can pull it off. They aren't beloved by fans, but then again, they are a reboot with only three movies under their belt. Each movie did well.

That being said, I also wouldn't mind a new ship or crew. The question is, would fans invest in the franchise if it wasn't the Enterprise up on the big screen? I wonder how die hard Trekkies would be about change of focus away from original source materials? I'm not a die hard Trekkie, but I know how worked up I can get over Star Wars, especially when referencing the sequel trilogy and how much I hated it. Are the JJ verse films as hated as the SW:ST amongst Star Trek fans? I've already seen that they have changed the Klingon's appearance multiple times already. They look terrible in Discovery.
The problem is outside of 2009, they didn't do that well. The JJ movies are extremely expensive to make, and they spent an insane amount on marketing, in particular for Into Darkness, and the studio just didn't get a great return on investment. Now I didn't love the JJverse movies, but I enjoyed them for what they were. I actually thought the last one, Beyond was pretty good, and it was the one they spent the least amount of time developing, JJ didn't direct, and had the smallest budget. Those films try to out Star Wars, a Star Trek film. Star Trek movies are not Star wars, they need to find their own niche. Paramount didn't know what to do with Star Trek. They gave JJ complete control, gave a good first attempt with 2009, then kinda just ripped off old ideas, in unoriginal ways, then abandoned the project and company for Star Wars, leaving it in limbo. CBS and Paramount really need to work with the TV and decide if they want to TV and movie side connected and plot a course. I think they should try and share the same cannon, but I think the only way they could do that is with a new ship, crew, and era when they take place.

They have tried several times over the past few years to make Star Trek 4 with the Pine cast, but they can never come to an agreement on money. Reports have said Pine wants a huge raise, and they also want to bring back Chris Hemsworth, as Kirks father, to do a time travel film, and he's gonna want huge money as well.

Strange new Worlds offically starts filming on the 18th. The filmmaking union posted that principal photography is scheduled between Feb 18th and July 31st. The series code name is listed as "Lily and Issac"

std is stupid i bet some sickoo even came with "STD" for star tek short. i knew then and when they start throwing f bombs on it, this is some incel star trek not a real star trek fan or producer so i stick to original tng ds9 voy and lave this new crap to "enlighten" picard is good

For me, it goes:

Then the mediocre tier:

I mostly agree with your rankings except for the reboot movies, I have them in my shit tier. Other than that it’s almost exactly the same:

TNG > DS9 > TOS movies > TOS > TNG movies > Voyager > Enterprise >Lower Decks > Reboot movies > Discovery > Picard

Apparently Picard season 2 is also starting back up this week.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gladiator47
Back