Television The Star Trek Thread V6.0

Wow fuck I'm going to bed can't top this need to end the night on high note

FB-IMG-1608966160104.jpg

I just noticed season 3 airs Jan 1st, I guess they included reruns of the previous two seasons on there, still no way Discovery got more views than Cobra Kai.

Depends on the measure. Remember Cobra Kai originally aired on YouTube.

I was curious about how Discovery is doing streaming wise and shockingly according to Business Insider, Season 3 outperformed Season 3 of Cobra Kai, which makes me go:

wait-seriously.jpg

https://www.businessinsider.com/top...y-cbs-all-access-2017-present-three-seasons-9
Here's this weeks Digital series ratings. Discovery has always done really well, especially for being on CBS All Access in the USA. All Access has grown massively with a big help from Star Trek. This website https://www.parrotanalytics.com/insights/ is kinda the industry standard these days for ratings. Of course, the streaming services don't release ratings, so this company uses its tracking software to come up with ratings. Clone Wars for example exploded back onto the charts, after the Ashoka episode of Mandalorian aired. Discovery has performed pretty well all season. This season is fantastic by the way, for those of you not watching. So glad they jumped to the future. Next week is the season finale, so for the cheapskates here, you can get a free week of All Access right now, if you want to binge it.

aJHIbbt4QXujCH6fVId1

Depends on the measure. Remember Cobra Kai originally aired on YouTube.
Yeah, Kobra Kai didn't explode in popularity, until Netflix picked it up, and announced it was producing new seasons. The ratings are up for it because the new season comes out today, and Netflix has been heavily advertising.

Great show by the way. They handle the fan service great while creating new and interesting characters.

Here's this weeks Digital series ratings. Discovery has always done really well, especially for being on CBS All Access in the USA. All Access has grown massively with a big help from Star Trek. This website https://www.parrotanalytics.com/insights/ is kinda the industry standard these days for ratings. Of course, the streaming services don't release ratings, so this company uses its tracking software to come up with ratings. Clone Wars for example exploded back onto the charts, after the Ashoka episode of Mandalorian aired. Discovery has performed pretty well all season. This season is fantastic by the way, for those of you not watching. So glad they jumped to the future. Next week is the season finale, so for the cheapskates here, you can get a free week of All Access right now, if you want to binge it.

aJHIbbt4QXujCH6fVId1
Okay, the show has improved, that's good to hear, tried watching Season 1 and I couldn't get into it. It wasn't terrible but it was underwhelming. Maybe I'll give it another shot.

It was pretty awesome to see Kenneth Mitchell star in this week's episode. For those of you who don't know he played featured Klingons in season 1 and 2. In season 2 we was diagnosed with advanced ALS and is now confined to a wheelchair. They wanted to bring him back to make sure he got a good payday and retains his SAG insurance.

I was reading earlier that Prodigy is supposed to start sometime later this year. Actually would like to see it, maybe something to watch with my kid.

I'm completely beside myself on how anyone could compliment the writing in STD. The visuals are great, the production is great, the acting is good enough but the weak point is and always has been the writing for this show. I will admit the writing has improved over season 1 and especially season 2 but it is still not anywhere near where it needs to be.

I was reading earlier that Prodigy is supposed to start sometime later this year. Actually would like to see it, maybe something to watch with my kid.
Kate Mulgrew just did an interview and said she finished recording season 1 at the end of 2020, and they are already getting ready to work on season 2. Sounds like they are trying to get it out for 2021

Been busy with life, so haven't posted on the DSC season 3 finale. Overall the season was strong. The first half of the season was incredible, and some great stand out episodes. Jumping into the future was totally the right move for the series.
The collapse and rebuilding of the federation was a cool plotline and will continue to be the focus of the show in the future. I look forward to them visiting former federation members and helping them rebuild and rejoin Star fleet.

The burn mystery was great early on, but even though the cause was a very "Star Trek" reason, it just didn't feel like a great payoff for such an interesting mystery. It felt like something that would happen in a self contained episode of TOS, but was a little weak for a season long plot.

They really let the actors gain some character and personally this season. Many of the main cast other than Burnham, Saru, and Georgiou always felt like pretty minor characters, but they all got time to shine this season. The Book character was a nice addition, and the adds a new element to the cast. Culber also got a lot more spotlight this season and has assumed almost a ship therapist role.

Overall I give the season a 8/10. Season 4 has been filming now for a few months now so we might get season 4 late 2021 otherwise early 2022.

Read a couple new Star Trek books the past few weeks.

91Ag87LITRL._AC_UL480_FMwebp_QL65_.jpg

Dark veil follows Riker aboard the USS Titan. These new books are considered canon, which the older books are not now, which kinda sucks because I did enjoy some of the Titan novels. It takes place not long after the fleet was destroyed on Mars. Rikers comes across a strange mystery, and the Romulans come involved. It explains some of the back story to Picard, so does offer some insight. Overall a pretty decent sci action story.

91PnYOFR-8L._AC_UL480_FMwebp_QL65_.jpg

Now I'm about halfway through the audiobook of The autobiography of Captain Janeway. I really enjoyed the previous biographies they did on Kirk and Picard, but this one is the first Audiobook in the series and is read by Kae Mulgrew.

Back