Television The Star Trek Thread V6.0

tenor.gif

The modernization was pretty cool, but they really need to explain the benefits of all that stuff. I think I mainly did not like the Burnham plot.

And the more this gets detailed, the more I hope that this Burn thing is not related somehow to Burnham or her mother... Which you just know it will be, inevitably. P
I hope it's not but won't be shocked if it is. I have a new theory that it might actually be related to the mirror universe. They haven't had contact with anyone from the mirror universe, for several hundred years, and Phillipa is having all these mental breakdowns or whatever is going on.

I hope it's not but won't be shocked if it is. I have a new theory that it might actually be related to the mirror universe. They haven't had contact with anyone from the mirror universe, for several hundred years, and Phillipa is having all these mental breakdowns or whatever is going on.

Now that you say it.

I cant wait for this. Unlike STD and Picard's weak/woke trash, this looks like it captures the spirit of Star Trek. It feels like a modern DS9-ish tone.

They already proved themselves in Prelude to Axanar. The ships look incredible, and move/feel like the massive beasts that they are.

Last edited:
I cant wait for this. Unlike STD and Picard's weak/woke trash, this looks like it captures the spirit of Star Trek. It feels like a modern DS9-ish tone.

They already proved themselves in Prelude to Axanar. The ships look incredible, and move/feel like the massive beasts that they are.

I invested in this, but at this point, it is not going to be made. The main guy, Alec Peters, has fired (or they have quit) every professional who made a prelude to Axanar for him. Instead of making his fan film, he wasted the millions raised, on trying to build a for-profit film studio for himself, in a LA warehouse. He has lost 3 directors and every actor except JG Hertzler. He moved to Georgia and put the never completed bridge set into a storage unit, that he has his remaining supporters paying for. He continues to sell merchandise that goes against his settlement with CBS, and spends his days e-bagging for money. He is also a serial lawsuit filer and constantly threatens to sue people, and often will. He often loses but never pays the judgments as his assets are hidden behind many fake corporations. I could go on and on about Axanar, but the guy has had nearly 5 years to make his film and has released nothing but a small trailer, that was only filmed, to try and raise more money.

http://axamonitor.com/doku.php?id=start

Here's a website that presents a pretty fair assessment of the Axanar situation, and goes in-depth on all of its goings on. It's run by a professional journalist, so they do go super deep on everything involving the production.

Last edited:
I wonder what happened to Seska's baby in Voyager.
Being a half Cardassion half Kazon can't be easy
He could have hair like a Cardy, while the other kids have that Kazon style

Could make for an interesting canon novel

I wonder what happened to Seska's baby in Voyager.
Being a half Cardassion half Kazon can't be easy
He could have hair like a Cardy, while the other kids have that Kazon style

Could make for an interesting canon novel

They apparently have that character in Star Trek Online

In Star Trek Online, Seska's child is now fully grown and named Sessen (β), has taken over his father's role as First maje of the Kazon-Nistrim. He carries on his parents' vendetta against Starfleet and blames them for his mother's death.

This season has been waaay above the first two however it still slightly too Burnham oriented for me and too cry cry emotional all the time. Burnam cries every episode, its too much. Other than that, the writing and acting (esp. Philippa) is amazing compared to before, huge change. Some great dialogues, I love the intelligence guy with glasses, his convo with Phillippa was awesome.

I invested in this, but at this point, it is not going to be made. The main guy, Alec Peters, has fired (or they have quit) every professional who made a prelude to Axanar for him. Instead of making his fan film, he wasted the millions raised, on trying to build a for-profit film studio for himself, in a LA warehouse. He has lost 3 directors and every actor except JG Hertzler. He moved to Georgia and put the never completed bridge set into a storage unit, that he has his remaining supporters paying for. He continues to sell merchandise that goes against his settlement with CBS, and spends his days e-bagging for money. He is also a serial lawsuit filer and constantly threatens to sue people, and often will. He often loses but never pays the judgments as his assets are hidden behind many fake corporations. I could go on and on about Axanar, but the guy has had nearly 5 years to make his film and has released nothing but a small trailer, that was only filmed, to try and raise more money.

http://axamonitor.com/doku.php?id=start

Here's a website that presents a pretty fair assessment of the Axanar situation, and goes in-depth on all of its goings on. It's run by a professional journalist, so they do go super deep on everything involving the production.
I knew there was some shadyness going on,

It's unfortunate if anyone was taken advantage of financially, because that 20 minute "Prelude to Axanar" is the best Star Trek we've had since DS9.

I hope it releases. It's just too bad Richard Hatch passed away before that could happen. He still had lot's to give!

It's unfortunate if anyone was taken advantage of financially, because that 20 minute "Prelude to Axanar" is the best Star Trek we've had since DS9.

I hope it releases. It's just too bad Richard Hatch passed away before that could happen. He still had lot's to give!

Also gave them some money. Really wanted this to be a thing, but CBS & Peters himself made sure this did not happen.

This season has been waaay above the first two however it still slightly too Burnham oriented for me and too cry cry emotional all the time. Burnam cries every episode, its too much. Other than that, the writing and acting (esp. Philippa) is amazing compared to before, huge change. Some great dialogues, I love the intelligence guy with glasses, his convo with Phillippa was awesome.
David Cronenberg should have acted more. He was great in Nightbreed, even if the film itself was less than stellar. Pretty sure I saw a hearing aid at one point when he turned round, which is likely not something they would need at that point in the future (Cronenberg's 77, so they must be his).

There's no left to film. He has ran off ever actor, and every professional. Trust me I really wanted to see this project. I donated to 2 separate crowd funding campaigns for it. The main guy is super shady, and ends up in lawsuits over everything. Id you look on there Facebook or other social media it's nothing but amazing comments, he immediately deletes anything negative or even just asking why nothing has happened in years. He once threatened me because He posted yet another crowd funding campaign (which he is t allowed to do, due to his settlement with CBS) so he does them under a sperate shell company. I commented that maybe he should fulfill some of his promised perks, before requested even more money. He immediately DMs and challenges me to say that to his face. I laughed at him and told him I'm not going to fly to your storage unit in Georgia for posting a true statement. He then threatened legal action against me, and that he is a trained lawyer who will spare no expense to sue me for slander. (he passed the bar in 1988, but has never practiced as a lawyer) Again I laughed at him and told him to go for. I'm still waiting for that lawsuit.... Just for asking a question

His past 3 directors who all left due to concerns over how to finances were being handled and subsequently have been sued or threatened with legal action, are teaming up to release a documentary on the Axanar debacle.

Also gave them some money. Really wanted this to be a thing, but CBS & Peters himself made sure this did not happen.
I don't blame CBS at this point. He took our donation money, and used it to try and build himself a for profit business, by building himself a studio. He then threw away the sets that had been built except for the bridge, which he had to crowd fund 25k to move it to Georgia, where it now sits in a storage unit, which he crowd funds to pay the rent.

David Cronenberg should have acted more. He was great in Nightbreed, even if the film itself was less than stellar. Pretty sure I saw a hearing aid at one point when he turned round, which is likely not something they would need at that point in the future (Cronenberg's 77, so they must be his).

It was just confirmed to he is returning for season 4, which is filming now in Toronto. Apparently he's a big Trek fan, and said he had a blast making the show.

Back