Television The Star Trek Thread V6.0

As a hardcore TNG nerd I take issue with this. Worf and Data were never close. If it was Levar Burton and Brent Spiner together it would make sense, or if it was Michael Dorn with Jonathan Frakes as anyone familiar with TNG would know that Worf considered Riker his closest friend. He even asked Riker to help him commit ritualistic suicide

ethics4.jpg

I don't know Brent spiner doesn't look too happy in that picture

Every single character on the show is emotionally unstable

Now the guys on his knees punching himself in the face and crying
These are characters that the youth of today can identify with. Being "emotionally unstable" is fashionable now, so young people strive to be that.

Every single character on the show is emotionally unstable

Now the guys on his knees punching himself in the face and crying

These are characters that the youth of today can identify with. Being "emotionally unstable" is fashionable now, so young people strive to be that.

Maybe they’re meant to be representative of present day millennials who stereotypically are a mess and complain about “adulting” and other cringeworthy bullshit. Maybe one of them will order avocado toast from the replicators and then talk about Harry Potter or something.

All of these characters would wash out in the academy.

Only corny episode in my opinion so far was the one with the lizard and dog people visiting the ship.

Still enjoying it and will keep watching, I think it still holds up quite well.

I watched The Orville and can now see where the inspiration came from.

Maybe they’re meant to be representative of present day millennials who stereotypically are a mess and complain about “adulting” and other cringeworthy bullshit. Maybe one of them will order avocado toast from the replicators and then talk about Harry Potter or something.

All of these characters would wash out in the academy.
I think that is clearly what they are doing. You're supposed to teach our youth good values though, not play into their bad habits. I think it tells you something about the "adults" writing these shows. It seems they may have also had bad influences and never grew out of them.

The first time I watched Star Trek (2009), I overlooked it's flaws for some of its redeeming qualities. When I watch it now though, the flaws greatly overshadow any redeeming qualities it has. Kirk and Spock were both poorly cast, and the sequels highlighted that fact even more. You just can't replicate those original characters. It's cool seeing the original faces in this video.

Last edited:
...and there we have it. Finally, raw data on actual US viewership of STD proving that the show has no real audience.

Screen Shot 2020-09-27 at 7.18.41 PM.png

...and there we have it. Finally, raw data on actual US viewership of STD proving that the show has no real audience.

View attachment 802183

Did you think airing 4 year old content with little to no advertising, was going to generate huge ratings? Its free content for them to air, while they have a limited amount of new shows.

I guess that's why season 4 started filming this week in Toronto. You know most shows, with no audience get early season renewals. Oh wait they don't....

Back