Television The Star Trek Thread V6.0

@JDragon I watched it LOL

Silly stuff

Now I'm going to switch back over to Buffy and watch the fool for Love episode

Buffy is a much Superior show to modern trek

That I will definitely agree, but then again, Buffy is still in my all time Top 10.

I have always wanted to go to the big Las Vegas star trek convention to see things like this, but I am always up fishing oon Alaska during the summers when it's held. It was moved to December this year, but I kinda doubt it's Going to happen.

Anyone ever get the chance to go to the Star Trek experience at the Las Vegas Hilton? I heard it was pretty cool. It closed right before I was old enough to enjoy Vegas.

Never watched Star Trek.

Just started The Next Generation and I’m currently on episode 5. Loving it so far, is this a good starting point?

https://popgoesthenews.com/2020/09/09/star-trek-strange-new-worlds-will-shoot-in-ontario-in-2021/

Strange new Worlds, starts filming in a brand new studio in January 2021 outside Toronto . Mean while Season four of Discovery will Start filming next month at its Toronto studio, after media and promotion concludes for season 3, which premieres Oct 15th
I really like the main cast, especially Mount as Pike. He oozes Starfleet Captain-like.

Have writers been identified for this?

Never watched Star Trek.

Just started The Next Generation and I’m currently on episode 5. Loving it so far, is this a good starting point?
It can be kinda dated and campy in season 1 and 2, but there are some great episodes as well. Power through, and enjoy one of the greatest series ever created.

I really like the main cast, especially Mount as Pike. He oozes Starfleet Captain-like.

Have writers been identified for this?
Executive producers Akiva Goldsman, Alex Kurtzman, and Jenny Lumet. Akiva Goldsman will be the showrunner for season 1. Also on the writing staff so far are, Henry Alonso Myers (The Magicians), Akela Cooper (The 100, Luke Cage) and Davy Perez (Supernatural). The show will primarily be stand alone and episodic in nature.

Been saying for months this was coming.

Although the VERY start actually had some decent episodes, Far Point and Where Noone Has Gone Before.

Yes the actual first episode was decent

But some of the episodes that followed in season 1 :eek:

One of the episodes just straight up redid the naked time. Before we even got to know the characters well enough to understand how out of character they're acting

And didn't Wesley save the day that f****** b****

Yes the actual first episode was decent

But some of the episodes that followed in season 1 :eek:

One of the episodes just straight up redid the naked time. Before we even got to know the characters well enough to understand how out of character they're acting

And didn't Wesley save the day that f****** b****

Thats still an ok episode though, the only really bad episode in the first 6 is Code of Honor IMHO, albeit maybe the worst TNG episode ever.

Its more the middle of that season were you have a good few stinkers and really alot of season 1 episodes are less bad and more uneventful because there spending alot of time setting up characters and settings.

Thats still an ok episode though, the only really bad episode in the first 6 is Code of Honor IMHO, albeit maybe the worst TNG episode ever.

Its more the middle of that season were you have a good few stinkers and really alot of season 1 episodes are less bad and more uneventful because there spending alot of time setting up characters and settings.

It's still bad for a new show to immediately beat by beat copy over a show from the predecessor right off the bat

That episode always made me mad because of it haha

It definitely took a while for that show to find its own footing and unique personality

It's still bad for a new show to immediately beat by beat copy over a show from the predecessor right off the bat

That episode always made me mad because of it haha

It definitely took a while for that show to find its own footing and unique personality

I'd agree their are some weird choices for opening episodes, were there playing around with elements of the show before they've really been introduced that well. I suspect it might be the case that they shifted some of the scripts they thought would get more interest into production early.

Plus of course...

LoathsomeDisloyalBilby-size_restricted.gif

I'd agree their are some weird choices for opening episodes, were there playing around with elements of the show before they've really been introduced that well. I suspect it might be the case that they shifted some of the scripts they thought would get more interest into production early.

Plus of course...

LoathsomeDisloyalBilby-size_restricted.gif

Do you think he has a drawer full of penis attachments in his nightstand?

This randomly showed up in my time-line and made me laugh

As a hardcore TNG nerd I take issue with this. Worf and Data were never close. If it was Levar Burton and Brent Spiner together it would make sense, or if it was Michael Dorn with Jonathan Frakes as anyone familiar with TNG would know that Worf considered Riker his closest friend. He even asked Riker to help him commit ritualistic suicide

ethics4.jpg

Back