Television The Star Trek Thread V6.0

This is the guy, who makes videos, claiming to have insider sources deep within CBS, but is always proven wrong. Every new season of Trek he claims is the last, and cancelation is has been "Confirmed by insider sources". TUrned out his insider sources, were a group of 4chan posters, who were purposely feeding him BS, because they knew he would make a video and claim it as fact. He has been saying for over a year now, that Disney is firing Kathleen Kennedy, and hiring George Lucas to reboot Star Wars...

This is the guy, who makes videos, claiming to have insider sources deep within CBS, but is always proven wrong. Every new season of Trek he claims is the last, and cancelation is has been "Confirmed by insider sources". TUrned out his insider sources, were a group of 4chan posters, who were purposely feeding him BS, because they knew he would make a video and claim it as fact. He has been saying for over a year now, that Disney is firing Kathleen Kennedy, and hiring George Lucas to reboot Star Wars...

I don't know about all that I was just more interested in his review

is on point when he talks about how this show is against the spirit of Star Trek and all that

Lol Picard lost nearly half its its audience before getting to the "epic" finale

https://www.giantfreakinrobot.com/ent/star-trek-picard-ratings.html
"insider sources"

I love these click bait blogs. Earlier this week they posted Patrick Stewart was going to quit the show, because he was upset with becoming a "Golem". Despite the fact, he is an executive producer on the show, helped write the episodes, and as recently as last week had an interview about how excited about season 2 he was, and gished about there recent writer's room meetings.

I don't know about all that I was just more interested in his review

is on point when he talks about how this show is against the spirit of Star Trek and all that
He makes clickbait and makes videos to drive wedges in fandom. He switches between Star trek, Star War, and marvel mainly.

Clippy your video, was funny, and you express your opinion on the show, which is fine. Doomcuck Presents lies as facts, to drive his narrative and clicks.

Just finished episode 2 of Lower decks. I thought it was Fantastic. It totally felt like an episode of TNG, with a little more fun thrown in.

Just finished episode 2 of Lower decks. I thought it was Fantastic. It totally felt like an episode of TNG, with a little more fun thrown in.

The show is terrible man

After you remind me about it I thought I'd take a gander

I can't even get past the opening where the girls are trying to shove an entity in a jar and all this dumb bad joke stuff.

And the captain walking by talking about trying to come up with something cool to say when going to warp

It's warp time

This is just a super dumbed down version of what was once an intellectual show

I tap

I can't for the life of me understand how someone who enjoyed what Star Trek once was could possibly like this drivel that it's become

It's not Star Trek buddy it just has a Star Trek sticker on it

The show is terrible man

I can't even get past the opening where the girls are trying to shove an entity in a jar and all this dumb bad joke stuff.

And the captain walking by talking about trying to come up with something cool to say when going to warp

It's warp time

I tap

I can't for the life of me understand how someone who enjoyed what Star Trek once was could possibly like this drivel that it's become

In many ways, the show sounds to be a product of our current society. This is what passes for "comedy" now. It is also what passes for "Star Trek" now. Unfortunately...

Voyageur had its up and downs, certainly never reaching the highs of DS9, though I genuinely liked it, especially once 7 came aboard.

I wasn't a big Janeway fan (liked her fsr more than Archer). I had a teacher who had that stupid smirk all the time, with awful coffee breath, always leaning over your shoulder trying to prove some point. I liked her dynamic with Chakotay though. He was great for much of the series, but fizzled out.

I felt like a lot of characters stagnated, especially Torres ( liked her dynamic with Paris too), once 7 arrived. I didn't care for the ending either, it needed something epic, or at least satisfying.

I'd take it anyday over the abortions out there today though.

I felt Torres was one of the few original characters(along with the Doctor) who held up pretty well across the shows run, you had some good episodes like Extreme Risk and Barge of the Dead post Seven arrival.

Honestly though I do think Voyager took a bit of a safe way out with the Borg, the original setup in Scorpion was excellent, the Borg back to Best of Both Worlds status and a potential on-going conflict with species 8472. We then get the Borg Queen brought back which I think personalises them far too much, makes them feel smaller and less threatening plus ultimately just pawns of a moustache twirling villain. There were some decent Borg episodes after that but nothing as good as Scorpion again.

So, are any of the CBS All Access Trek shows any good? I just got a password for it from my brother.

So, are any of the CBS All Access Trek shows any good? I just got a password for it from my brother.

If you're in any way a fan of the original treks you're in for a disappointment

I'd revisit the original shows with reruns for a better time

Looking forward, gonna watch tonight.

Looking forward, gonna watch tonight.
Rumor is CBS is posting lower deck on YouTube for international viewers until they have the new all access international service up

If your going in wanting to see TOS or tng, then you will be dissipointed. If you go in with an open mind, then both Discovery and Picard are decent. Discovery vastly improves as it goes along, and season 2 is quite good. The new show lower decks is a total throw back to TNG

The show is terrible man

It's warp time

I tap

Did you watch the whole thing? On the planet was great.

Did you watch the whole thing? On the planet was great.

Like I said the opening was just too awful. this stupid stuff is not what I would consider a good throwback to Star Trek

I find it actually quite offensive that it's being considered Star Trek to be honest

I gave the first episode a try man

I'm done

Like I said the opening was just too awful. this stupid stuff is not what I would consider a good throwback to Star Trek

I find it actually quite offensive that it's being considered Star Trek to be honest

I gave the first episode a try man

I'm done

You didn't get past the Intro?

<Varys01>

d7fcf766a236ec0365c34554f7fa8112.gif

Picture cancerous AIDS, but with more vomiting.

Back