Media "The smash is back, surprise, suprise"

Who Should Chimaev Fight Next?

• Total voters
I agree to a point but in America anyone can get the Vaccine if they chose to get it. I can find 6 places in a 20 mile radius and I don't live in a huge county. I love the South and we are the backwards ones I get told on this sight. So get your shot and if you can't get one yet and are still scared just stay home.

You know as well as I do that he's not from America. In most of Europe you have to wait for your turn for the vaccine while they give priority to the people who are most at risk. It's not like athletes are refusing to take the vaccine, and considering he's already had covid he probably has a very low chance of catching it again now anyway.

I know no one wants this but after the COVID complications I want a tune-up fight/non-contender just to have more time in the cage. If there's a quick win again he can always have a quick turn-around after.

Sounds practical during training. Are you one of those idiots who thinks you can't catch covid if you just wear a mask?

Nobody said "during training" you illiterate

Nope I'm just a guy with a CFS Mask exemption and wife in the medical field but keep getting your advice from clowns like Fauci, Biden and all the other pawns. Wear your mask if you think it helps and you'll be all set.

What does "wife in the medical field" mean? LMAO

What is she a CNA? Here comes your over-exaggerated response that's gonna tell me she's the chief doctor in your town. LOL Fuck outta here you dumb shit.

My entire family works "in the medical field" too. Educate yourself.

advice from clowns like Fauci, Biden and all the other pawns.

Show some respect...

Anthony Stephen Fauci (/ˈfaʊtʃi/; born December 24, 1940) is an American physician-scientist and immunologist who serves as the director of the U.S. National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) and the chief medical advisor to the president.

As a physician with the National Institutes of Health (NIH), Fauci has served American public health in various capacities for more than 50 years, and has been an advisor to every U.S. president since Ronald Reagan.

What are you and/or your dumb ass wife's credentials? She wipes ass as a CNA in your podunk town clinic? LMAO

Lol would love to see Jan crushing him while being once again the underdog
I don't think Jan would be the underdog in that fight.

If Chimaev is brave (or stupid?) enough to take that fight though, then props to him, because it's mad shit.

Weird how people turned on this guy like he did something wrong. Someone remind me what he did wrong?

Very excited that he's getting back. Hopefully he gets a fringe top 15 guy so we can see where he's at. Then we take it from there.

What does "wife in the medical field" mean? LMAO

What is she a CNA? Here comes your over-exaggerated response that's gonna tell me she's the chief doctor in your town. LOL Fuck outta here you dumb shit.

My entire family works "in the medical field" too. Educate yourself.

Show some respect...

What are you and/or your dumb ass wife's credentials? She wipes ass as a CNA in your podunk town clinic? LMAO
Laughing. I'm not gonna go over my wife's credentials which you are clearly wrong about. Did you just say respect when it comes to Fauci..I can't stop laughing and I know now your just a clown. But if you feel wearing a piece of cloth makes you safe then hey its your choice. But don't tell other people to bow down to your beliefs. Fauci deserves no respect and is just a pawn. Honestly I could care less as I have a CFS exemption and more and more people are waking up and getting one to. Either way this isn't about face panties this about a fighters comeback. You brought your irrational fears into this thread and others just laughed at you for doing so. anthony-fauci-1.jpg

After contacting Covid-19, having fights canceled, almost retiring and the recent saga that unfurled, it looks as if Khamzat is ready to come back. In an interview with ESPN's Brett Okamoto, he said as much as well.

i (1).jpeg

On coming back:
"If you are sick, you cannot think about [a] fight," Chimaev said. "I was thinking, 'One month, sick. Then still, two months. When am I going to be finished with this s--t.' I'm healthy now, hungry again. I want to get back and smash somebody and make money."

On retirement and covid:
Chimaev told Okamoto he recently had surgery in Chechnya to address some of the ongoing issues he was having from COVID-19.

Abdelaziz confirmed on Dec. 30 that Chimaev "had coronavirus and when he went back to gym, his lungs did not recover 100 percent."

Chimaev had been scheduled to fight Leon Edwards at UFC Fight Night on Dec. 19, but the bout was postponed due to his positive test. UFC rescheduled the match for Jan. 22, but Borz had to withdraw due to his longer than expected recovery.

In a March 1 post on Instagram (h/t MMA Weekly), Chimaev hinted at retirement because of the problems he was having recovering from the virus.

"I want to say thank you to everyone for their support in my path in this sport," Chimaev wrote. "I think I'm done. Yes, I know that I didn't take the belt, but this is not the most important victory in this life. It may upset you, but my heart and body tell me everything."

On his thoughts while sick:
"When I go to sparring, I told [manager Ali Abdelaziz], 'I'm only going to do pads,' but this was lying," Chimaev said. "I jumped in grappling sparring, did three rounds. Feel bad in my chest, I said, 'Coach, I go out.' I go home and start to [cough] blood. I was never scared about my life. I'm scared about what my mom is going to do after I die. My mom, my brothers -- I was thinking, 'What are they gonna do after I die?' I start with this MMA s--- because of my family. I want to make some good life with them."

On his record and doubters:
"I think it's [the] right decision," Chimaev said. "I only did [three fights in the UFC]. I didn't show who I am. People still talk, 'Ah, he beat bulls--- guys.' That makes me [feel] inside somewhere -- now I have to show these ... people who I am and smash everybody, take my belt. I am MMA Mike Tyson. MMA Muhammad Ali. I'm going to show everybody."

Okamoto noted that Chimaev is targeting August as a return date. The 26-year-old is 9-0 in his MMA career. He has won all three of his UFC fights by stoppage, including a 17-second knockout of Gerald Meerschaert at UFC Fight Night on Sept. 19.

Who do you want Chimaev to fight next?

I'm just glad he's healthy and can actually continue his career. I know everyone gave him shit for supposedly flip flopping, but I've had a serious illness in the past and no one could diagnose it, so I know how scary and hopeless that can be. Hopefully he's back to 100% and ready to go.

Link: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/31295378/khamzat-chimaev-says-healthy-hungry-covid-19-threatened-mma-career?platform=amp

I think he needs a fight outside of the top ten. I know he had a lot of top guys on the plate but I truly hope they don't rush him into a big fight after that bad of a sickness. Some guys he to take it easier on comeback fights.

A reasonable opponent this time. Not one fight in a division against a guy well outside the top 200 or whatever. Then number 3 in the division.

I guess it depends which division he fights in. But top 11-15 sounds reasonable. He beat number 23 in MW. But I’d definitely like to see a more organic buildup this time. But, we all know the UFC.

Back