Media "The smash is back, surprise, suprise"

Who Should Chimaev Fight Next?

• Total voters
When I read he's targeting August, I stopped caring. Get back to me in June or July

Damn. I guess I'm rushing it by making this thread. I'll go fuck myself, lol.

I said Sean Brady. Tough stylistic match up against a guy that’s on the cusp as well. I don’t think he should get a top 10 guy yet, he hasn’t really beaten anybody to warrant that.

hopefully august but im not holding my breath. dude will probably pull out because his lung capacity is at 90% and not 100%. Meanwhile overeem beat mark hunt while he had food poisoning.

Chiesa or Luque would be fun. I'm tired of the UFC slowly building up hype job and feeding them cans.

He will fight some bum on ‘short notice’ pride style.

But I’d love to see Sean Brady twat him

More of this horrible personality is back. If only he fought and didn’t speak he’d be so much more tolerable

I know a man who needs a fight, who can make WW or MW too... well sometimes.
tenor.gif

Magny makes sense. Good fighter, isn't ranked that high right now and there is history.

Lol. The antics and smack would be incredible. Especially after the dildo remarks from Holland, lol.
I think so, i've never wanted to see a trifecta so much as those 3.. If MVP was about i'd throw him in the mix as well.

I'm sure i'm massively underrating Khamzat Michel though with what he's capable of.
<Fedor23>

I think he needs a fight outside of the top ten. I know he had a lot of top guys on the plate but I truly hope they don't rush him into a big fight after that bad of a sickness. Some guys he to take it easier on comeback fights.

I get it, but I hate how the UFC throws prospects into the deep end and then the ones who survive get burned fighting one another. Just keep them apart until they get to the top, imo.
How about booking him against the #15 guy—Robbie Lawler?

How about booking him against the #15 guy—Robbie Lawler?

While that's a good name to get a win over, the voice inside that has a soft spot for older guys just has flashbacks to people like Schaub beating legends and I cringe.

I think he needs a fight outside of the top ten. I know he had a lot of top guys on the plate but I truly hope they don't rush him into a big fight after that bad of a sickness. Some guys he to take it easier on comeback fights.

I have a feeling quite a few MMA fighters may have been their own worst enemies with Covid, a lot of whats coming out does seem to imply the very worst thing you can do is try and "work though it" which is much more likely to lead to long covid symptoms.

I'd agree he should be taking at least one mid levelish or lower fight first, especially as cardio is likely to be the biggest uncertainy.

For those picking Magny, does that change depending on if he get's clobbered by Geoff Neil next ?

Back