Media "The smash is back, surprise, suprise"

Who Should Chimaev Fight Next?

• Total voters
I have a feeling quite a few MMA fighters may have been their own worst enemies with Covid, a lot of whats coming out does seem to imply the very worst thing you can do is try and "work though it" which is much more likely to lead to long covid symptoms.

I'd agree he should be taking at least one mid levelish or lower fight first, especially as cardio is likely to be the biggest uncertainy.

Exactly. Who knows how that cardio is after covid? A fight with Magny who is a cardio and pace machine is probably a bad idea. I thought Rodriguez who just came off that win over Perry would be a good test. He's got good standup, he's a big guys, decent TDD and is on a nice run. It'll help Chimaev gauge where he's at.

Jake Paul.

I want to experience the awkwardness of the situation where Chimaev calls out Jake Paul.

I want Chimaev to start barraging Jake Paul on social media.

While that's a good name to get a win over, the voice inside that has a soft spot for older guys just has flashbacks to people like Schaub beating legends and I cringe.
Yeah it def sucks to see legends get beat, but what else should we do with Robbie? Book him against Woodley again, or maybe Maia? He’s bound to have to fight some younger dudes. Actually, Woodley would be a fine name for Khamzat also. Somebody with some name value.
If we decide to spare our legends, then maybe Li Jingliang. I was in favor of the Magny matchup originally, but now I’d prefer we go slower and see where Khamzat’s health is at.

smesh opponent get money

is easy for khamzat

At that point, anyone who believe an MMA fighter when he announce his retirement before 40 has his brain as damaged as those fighters...

Magny is the fight to make. I'd like to see him against Chiesa, but he doesn't deserve it, same with Luque (give my man a top 5 guy).

@Tayski

Since September 20, 2020 till now whats he been doing ?

Whole lotta talking

Last edited:
Leon would have kicked his head off.

Didn't even think of Luque until I saw the poll. That would be good, guys got a granite jaw.

Damn! Ppl ready to throw this dude to the wolves after puking up blood. Give him someone just outside of the top ten for his first fight back, I say.

yeah i dealt with long term issues form both cold and flus most of my life. its good to hear the booster for the vaccine is also going to help deal with the flu. I'd personally rather take what is basically immune system steroids than deal with being sick with a cough for months on end or developing any of the more serious issues. but i have asthmatic lungs and serious allergy issues. the people who act like you are just supposed to accept covid and catch it are nuts. i know to many people now young and old who got fucked up from it and i know very few people other than my self who have had long term issues with a cold or flu.

Dude was coughing up blood trying to train and you all are acting like he's pulled out of fights with a stubbed toe.

Sherdog never fails.

indoubt that was the case. You’re camp would have to be borderline retarded to say that publicly.

Neal magny leading? Nobody is a fan of magny s style and that’s who you want to see khamzat fight?

what the fuck?

KhamGOAT SMESHmaev should fight winner of Usman/Masvidal.

<CanYouSeeMeNow>

Nobody said "during training" you illiterate

So you're telling a guy he should have worn a mask but then proceed to also admit there are environments where someone may not wear one while in close proximity with others. I hope you see the irony.

Back