The Scariest Beatdown In The History Of UFC

Then there was this.....

mccullough_alfonso.gif

IIRC Enson couldn't even reach his stool at the end of the round, and they still waited for a doctor to stop it, disgusting.

He was helped to the corner but collapsed and almost died on the way to the hospital. He was in the ICU with brain swelling, a burst eardrum, broken jaw, liver issues etc. Shit was brutal. Enson is as tough as anyone but it should have been stopped long before the round ended.

Yeah both the Anderson Silva beatdowns of Rich Franklin were tough to watch. And i hate to shout out Brock Lesnar as the guy is 40% steroids and makes his living acting like he's fighting. But his beatdown of Heath Herring was brutal. One of those where the guy is taking an absolute beating but is able to intelligently defend himself and doesn't want to quit to keep his rep so just gets his head beat in. Crazy sport..

This is the most violent beating in my opinion. Not UFC, but whatever, to me Pride and UFC are both elite orgs, and so many fighters fought in both orgs...

The video which shows what happened after the round ends- the way he can’t walk to the corner, his corner drags him to the stool, and he is protesting the stoppage when the fight would have been stopped at least 45 seconds before the round ended by current standards.

So many unanswered power shots, and Igor hits HARD. Enson seemed like he was knocked in and out of consciousness several times. I’m not a doctor but that looked like brain damage would be a pretty safe bet.

It was said that Paul Herrera had a pretty bad broken jaw and concussion against Goodridge.

Also, heard that Igor Vov was puking all night from the LHK he took from Cro Cop.

This is the most violent beating in my opinion. Not UFC, but whatever, to me Pride and UFC are both elite orgs, and so many fighters fought in both orgs...

The video which shows what happened after the round ends- the way he can’t walk to the corner, his corner drags him to the stool, and he is protesting the stoppage when the fight would have been stopped at least 45 seconds before the round ended by current standards.

So many unanswered power shots, and Igor hits HARD. Enson seemed like he was knocked in and out of consciousness several times. I’m not a doctor but that looked like brain damage would be a pretty safe bet.

Enson is a legend. He could barely function but he wouldn't give up. It could have easily ended with him dying.

Barboza vs Hooker wasn't scariest, but started to get hard to look at after a while.

but i couldn't turn away!

that one was pretty rough and it came shortly after Holloway vs Ortega, 2 savage beatings within like a month of each other. I remember the brutality of that short window of time.

I'm surprised no one mentioned the Tank-Nelmark KO.

It was pretty brutal and made even worse by Tank mocking his downed opponent so tastelessly.

Those nut shots are what caused him to seek revenge on other humans and begin his life of crime and torture.
He actually committed the rape and torture in December 1990.

This fight with Keith Hackney was in December 1994.

This truly was karma.

Carwin almost murdering Mir was bad too.

One could call it a Mirder
<Gordonhat>

Thompson vs Frye
Thompson vs Yoshida

Not one sided by any means, but towards the end of both fights, Frye and Yoshida are clearly exhausted and out on their feet, but they continue to take big shots because the ropes keep them upright...

the fights go a lot longer than they should have.

The title says it all. For me, it's definitively Gary Goodridge vs Paul Herrera, early days of the UFC.

Your picks? Back then, it was a very brutal sport.

I would post this one as well.

I've always wondered how this seems to be the consensus answer to these threads but the one I consider much worse never even seems to be mentioned.

Remco Pardoal pinning repeatedly landing 12-6 elbows to the temple of an Orlando Wait he had 100lbs on with his head pinned against the mat is hard to watch, especially since he visibly goes limp after the second one but still has to take like 8 more in rapid succession before, if I recall correctly, the ref still hasn't bothered to break it up and Remco decides himself to stop hitting him.

Probably because those elbows didn't look nearly as powerful as the Goodridge ones

IIRC Enson couldn't even reach his stool at the end of the round, and they still waited for a doctor to stop it, disgusting.
Second mma event I ever watched. My dad was screaming at the corner to save him before this was his last fight ever. Brutal

Gonzaga vs Cro Cop or Franklin vs Quarry. I was genuinely concerned. Worse ever, that I've seen, was Vitor vs Lindland. That shit was frightening. Lindland took the longest I've seen to actually become conscious and self-aware

Tank - Nelmark.. I thought the guy was dead.. Matua was hard to watch as well.

F. Shamrock - Zinoviev. Slam that smashed his collar bone + follow up shot straight to the throat.

Fulton - Bullock

Back