The Scariest Beatdown In The History Of UFC

vladimirvlad

MMA is my life
@Green
Reaction score
The title says it all. For me, it's definitively Gary Goodridge vs Paul Herrera, early days of the UFC.

Your picks? Back then, it was a very brutal sport.

The title says it all. For me, it's definitively Gary Goodridge vs Paul Herrera, early days of the UFC.

Your picks? Back then, it was a very brutal sport.

I've always wondered how this seems to be the consensus answer to these threads but the one I consider much worse never even seems to be mentioned.

Remco Pardoal pinning repeatedly landing 12-6 elbows to the temple of an Orlando Wait he had 100lbs on with his head pinned against the mat is hard to watch, especially since he visibly goes limp after the second one but still has to take like 8 more in rapid succession before, if I recall correctly, the ref still hasn't bothered to break it up and Remco decides himself to stop hitting him.

HackneyJoeSon_display_image.jpg

Probably Khabib vs McGregor inside and outside the ring

The highs and lows of MMA
Scott-Morris-sub.gif

Later that night....

FlusteredAgonizingIbizanhound-max-1mb.gif

This pat Smith KO always made me feel sick, big John could do nothing but wait for Pat to finish. Thank god he showed mercy.

I've always wondered how this seems to be the consensus answer to these threads but the one I consider much worse never even seems to be mentioned.

Remco Pardoal pinning repeatedly landing 12-6 elbows to the temple of an Orlando Wait he had 100lbs on with his head pinned against the mat is hard to watch, especially since he visibly goes limp after the second one but still has to take like 8 more in rapid succession before, if I recall correctly, the ref still hasn't bothered to break it up and Remco decides himself to stop hitting him.

Ye sir, that's the one.

In my 30+ years as a combat sports fan that's one of the few I've seen that make me cringe in horror watching it.

Between the size difference, his head being trapped "between a rock and a hard place" so to speak and them landing right on the temple, the softest part of the skull, while the ref lets it go well after he's clearly unconscious it's fucking brutal.

My worst memory in MMA is Mark Kerr smashing Paul Varelan's face with knees and punches. Oh, the late stoppages back then! =[

What do you mean by beatdown?
- several rounds of getting hit hard, being KD, being full of blood
- one scary KO when you are completely out

tumblr_n0flwr6otO1sdqajoo2_400.gifv

tumblr_n0flwr6otO1sdqajoo1_400.gifv

26-silva-o.gif

Also, this

Glover Texeira vs Fabio Maldonado was hard to watch. Props to Maldonado he has heart of lion

Last edited:
What do you mean by beatdown?
- several rounds of getting hit hard, being KD, being full of blood
- one scary KO when you are completely out

tumblr_n0flwr6otO1sdqajoo2_400.gifv

tumblr_n0flwr6otO1sdqajoo1_400.gifv

26-silva-o.gif

Also, this

Well I'm always content to see rampage get his ass beat. Hate that guy. Even downloaded the gif to my phone.

Last edited:
Probably Khabib vs McGregor inside and outside the ring

By "outside the ring" do you mean when Khabib got his ass handed to him by Conor's cornerman?

Remco looked like he felt bad. He was like oh shit this guy fainted. Hes like holding his arm so gently

Back