The sad future of Cowboy

I understand people dont like rematches, I am not usually a fan either unless its an extremely close decision in a big fight, but the Cerrone/Bendo fights were fun as hell to watch.

Its not like watching Lawler/Hendricks III, when neither of the first two fights have been worth any fucks. Bendo/Cerrone will be fun as fuck, those guys always leave it hanging out (well Cerrone at least, Bendo can be conservative at times since his WEC days)

I think Cerrone beats RDA in a rematch.... but then there is Pettis.

The future of Cowboy: lots of money and lots of sex.

How depressing.

I don't feel bad for him. As previously stated by others, Cowboy is making huge $, Banging Hot Women, Driving 100K trucks and 200k sport Cars.
He has a huge and growing fan base, and has one of the best reputations in the business. When he's done fighting, he'll make shitloads more $ as a trainer.
99.9 % of the population wish they had his life. I feel bad for the guy who started this thread...

I think Cerrone has a pretty good career and life in general.

You gotta have some haters...cowboy has said he diesnt care about title shots he just wants to fight

cerrone has worked his way into Dana's and UFC fans' good books with some great PR and some excellent all-action performances and finishes over the last 12 months. For that reason, he'll always be around, fighting more regular than others, and picking up regular fat pay checks.

Why would he give a shit?

i think Cerrone just wants to make money on money.. the TS can wait

i don't know, but for sure he got a big deal with DW about this fight

I feel bad for Cerrone already...

First: Bendo is a bad machup for him

Second: Only 2 weeks for preparation

Third: Even if he comes with a upset, and knocks the fuck out of Benson, he will still have to wait loong time to get a TS, because RDA and Pettis already smoke him, and Khabib is clearly the number one contender for the next TS.

Fourth: he will probably have to fight another top 10 to get a TS. Only Thomson and Khabib sound reasonable... But both are bad matchups for him...

he gets paid

/thread

the sad future of Cowboy is he will eventually get brain damage and seeing how he spends his money he will be broke.

He'd have less a chance of brain damage due to sparring as you say because he only gets two weeks of prep time, and not a three month training camp.

i feel horrible for the guy making 100K for 15 minutes kicking ass or getting his ass kicked

The only sad future for Cowboy is how he broke and battered he's going to end up by the age of 50.

He's had to take fights just to pay taxes. The guy needs a grip on life. This ride won't last forever.

If you don't think he wasn't promised future action by just taking the fight itself, I feel sorry for you

It is the world to be used. He said future so I said present.

the world?

I understand the word, and your post.
it was funny.

my post was meant to be complimentary, maybe it was vague.

I feel bad for Cerrone already...

First: Bendo is a bad machup for him

Second: Only 2 weeks for preparation

Third: Even if he comes with a upset, and knocks the fuck out of Benson, he will still have to wait loong time to get a TS, because RDA and Pettis already smoke him, and Khabib is clearly the number one contender for the next TS.

Fourth: he will probably have to fight another top 10 to get a TS. Only Thomson and Khabib sound reasonable... But both are bad matchups for him...

If Cerrone beats Bendo

I don't think he cares about getting beat by Bendo. Bendo doesn't deliver a lot of punishment, so he's unlikely to suffer injury or shorten his career in this fight, and a loss to Bendo on short notice won't hurt Cowboy's stock much, whereas a win really helps. Easy money, baby.

Back