The sad future of Cowboy

The dude is making more money then anyone else i the division. He is in super shape and ready to fight again. He has looked to be the better fighter then Bendo is atm. If he goes in there and finishes Bendo then for sure he gets a title shot.

I would say he is living life to the fullest rite now.

So basically he is not becoming champ anytime soon ...

... so why not continue to make a ton of money knocking off as many contenders as possible?

Cowboy likes to fight and he is making a lot of money every fight.
120k last fight that was documented ... plus any extras he got backstage.

So say he is roughly making 100-200k every fight and he fights so often ... dude has a huge bank account despite not being champion.

Plus it looks like Budweiser is sponsoring Cowboy himself, not just the UFC.

I suspect he's well on his way to that famed Anderson Silva money at this current rate.

Well the UFC brass will absolutely throw him a few extra coins for stepping up on two weeks' notice and he's also fought Bendo twice before. If anything, Bendo has the more formidable task in the lead up to their fight as Cowboy has developed more weapons since their days in the WEC. I'm not saying that he's necessarily improved or evolved more than Benson has but his style has changed quite a bit more. Benson still fights the same way albeit much better. Cerrone is actually a completely different fighter.

I disagree. Wec Bensen i like. He was alot more aggresive . Nowadays you see flashes but hes content on having decisions. I wish he had a pettis like aggresion, hed be a beast.

I feel bad for Cerrone already...

First: Bendo is a bad machup for him

Second: Only 2 weeks for preparation

Third: Even if he comes with a upset, and knocks the fuck out of Benson, he will still have to wait loong time to get a TS, because RDA and Pettis already smoke him, and Khabib is clearly the number one contender for the next TS.

Fourth: he will probably have to fight another top 10 to get a TS. Only Thomson and Khabib sound reasonable... But both are bad matchups for him...

So sad... he is probably easily making a few hundred thousand dollars in a month doing what he loves.

Cowboy is on a tear, Bendo is coming of a loss and probably his first by TKO/KO, i just cant see the sad in that, both have come a long way from WEC and im sure it will be a competitive fight, after that, with the win he might jump in front of the line for a TS/Rematch.

Who are you to judge him or his future?

I think he knows better than you what's better for him when it comes to short- or long term.

I imagine this is how a phone call goes with Cowboy.

Joe Silva: Hey, Cowboy, this is Joe Silva...
Cowboy: I'll fight him
Silva: I haven't even told you who or when yet
Cowboy: I said I'll fucking fight him

Cowboy gives zero fucks.

Exactly, two nice paydays in two weeks on the time and expense of one training camp. Those dirt bikes and monster trucks aren't going to buy themselves, Cowboy needs to get paid.

Why feel bad for somebody who likes to fight and likes to get paid as often as he can?

Cowboy is a cow DW and the UFC will milk to the last drop. And when he can't give milk anymore, they'll shit in his face like they did with GSP and many other fighters.

RDA didn't smoke Cerrone. RDA won, but he didn't even win every round....let alone just smoke him.

I think Cerrone vs. Khabib....there would be SERIOUS money to be made. Khabib would, hopefully, be a huge favorite and I like Cerrone's chance A LOT more than some people.

Pettis is the only one that flat out scares me, when it comes to Cerrone

I feel sad for TS.

Cowboy is the man. He makes lots of money doing something he loves. He fights a lot to get paid more, he fights for bonuses and gets them often.

Cowboy has won 6 fights in a row, even if he did lose he would have won 6/7.

So what if he risks losing? That attitude is why MMA sucks, fighters are afraid to take fights they might lose or afraid to engage and actually fight so they try to win on points. I appreciate that Cowboy fights to fight (and god bless him for making lots of money while he is at it) and he brings it very time win or lose.

Looking forward to a good fight. He has a serious momentum advantage on Benson right now, maybe the third time is the charm.

I feel sad for TS.

Cowboy is the man. He makes lots of money doing something he loves. He fights a lot to get paid more, he fights for bonuses and gets them often.

Cowboy has won 6 fights in a row, even if he did lose he would have won 6/7.

So what if he risks losing? That attitude is why MMA sucks, fighters are afraid to take fights they might lose or afraid to engage and actually fight so they try to win on points. I appreciate that Cowboy fights to fight (and god bless him for making lots of money while he is at it) and he brings it very time win or lose.

Looking forward to a good fight. He has a serious momentum advantage on Benson right now, maybe the third time is the charm.

Agreed. What if someone told Sakuraba to bow out after beating Royce? Cowboy is the man, and win, lose or draw, he will still be just that.

Dudes sitting around working out all day, making in the mid 6 figures fighting, fucking 10's all night, riding dirt bikes and jet skis and flying planes. Poor fucking guy.

Someone should set up an indegogo for him.

Back