The sad future of Cowboy

Dominated the new number one contender in his last fight.

And where was RDA ranked at the time? It's also his only notable win (if we're making a case for contenders).

Meanwhile, Cerrone has beaten Evan Dunham (was a good win at the time), Edson Barbosa, Jim Miller, Eddie Alvarez and Myles Jury.

How on earth can anyone argue that Khabib is a more deserving challenger?

People see a zero in someone's loss column and get instant erections.

I'm not questioning Khabib's skills, but his record is over-inflated and Cerrone has a much better record in recent memory.

Cerrone is well aware that he won't be champ but he is having fun and earning good money while building a brand as an exciting, straight forward speaking, anyone anywhere anytime fighter. He will be fine.

He is making Dana very happy, which I am sure translates into ever more appealing checks. That's what he cares about. Plus he's a fan favorite, so people will watch his fights, win or lose. And, beating Bendo would put him right in front of the title shot. The first fight was very close.

why 3 fights with Bendo? Makes no sense, they are both contenders just give them other match ups, I know its a fillin but its stupid. Considering how inactive some fighters are UFC should not be repeating fights, Cain for example has only fought the same guys over and over the last few years.

How many people saw Bendo/Cerrone in the UFC? Zero.

Yes they fought twice, but one of those was a classic and the fights were in front of a smaller audience than they will have this time. And it's a short notice fight. This is totally different to Cain especially considering Cerrone has fought so many guys since his second Bendo match.

Dude is a friggin Beast. Bullys the previously undefeated miles jury for 3 rounds like some schoolyard kid type stuff, Then what does he do after? Hassles the UFC brass for his next fight. Dudes giving it his all and isnt content with just being "gate keeper"
Hope he Beats Smooth and keeps upping his game and going for the gold.

I thought he was joke when i first saw him and his cowboy motif bs, but damn that son of bitch has earned my respect. will forever be a fan of the cowboy, even if his hat is stupid. win or lose dude brings the hype

i feel bad for him because he has no money management skills and will have to fight 4 times a year till he is 60.

Sad future?

Ufc is promoting the fuck out of him. Cowboy is living the dream, making mad money, banking top sponsors and gives no fucks when it comes to a title fight.

Things have never been better for cowboy.

i feel bad for him because he has no money management skills and will have to fight 4 times a year till he is 60.

says who? As long as he's smart with his money and doesn't try to live the jet ski's, supermodels, living in a mansion life i can see him retiring more comfortably than most far sooner than 60 if he keeps up his 4 fights a year thing.

TS is looking at this all wrong. Cerrone is a straight-up mercenary that fights for money; and the guy is getting paid. He understands that as long as the fights are interesting, he'll keep putting asses in those seats, and that helps his brand. Which is fighting 101.

says who? As long as he's smart with his money and doesn't try to live the jet ski's, supermodels, living in a mansion life i can see him retiring more comfortably than most far sooner than 60 if he keeps up his 4 fights a year thing.

why do you think he started fighting so much..He had blown all his cash and was broke.

Cowboy just wants to fight and make money. He's fighting again against Bendo and will be making money.

He is doing exactly what he wants how can you feel sorry for that?

He needs the money, and I don't think Thomson is that bad of a matchup these days.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back