• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media The Renzo lock/ otatsu lock, aka broomstick takedown from taira

fortheo

Plutonium Belt
@plutonium
Reaction score
A lot of people were confused by what was happening, but apparently that takedown has many names. Here's one video about it here

Here's wada hitting it on mighty mouse.

It doesn't typically cause injury, but man, you can see all of the weight being forced on to that right leg, then the twist from taira just pops it...

Last edited:
A lot of people were confused by what was happening, but apparently that takedown has many names. Here's one video about it here

Here's wada hitting it on mighty mouse.

It doesn't typically cause injury, but man, you can see all of the weight being forced on to that right leg, then the twist from taira just pops it...

Amazing thread, didn't feel like "an injury" but more like Taira injured Perez and won...This really sheds light to that and the technique that was used.

Remember, on the streets takedowns commonly win fights. A hollow padded canvas is the only reason it's not as common in MMA for guys to get hurt bad from being taken down.

This is why Gane tapped so fast. Its not worth to risk you life for the justbleed fools.
Go back to the drawing board and reflect honestly on your weakness, and work on them.
I suspect Jon snuck in a sort of trachea attack, akin to a 10 finger guillotine or whatever Big Ben called his choke on Barnett, fucking gogo choke or something.

Basically the hand is bladed and the thumb is jammed into the tracea while the chin and head are compressed down. Causes a panic tap, even in elite trained fighters apparently.

Oh this is cool, had no idea what Taira did was a technique. That dude is gonna be a big problem for the upper echelon of the division.

I suspect Jon snuck in a sort of trachea attack, akin to a 10 finger guillotine or whatever Big Ben called his choke on Barnett, fucking gogo choke or something.

Basically the hand is bladed and the thumb is jammed into the tracea while the chin and head are compressed down. Causes a panic tap, even in elite trained fighters apparently.

Dickpills is very crafty. People clowned on Gane but I think he did the right thing.

Dickpills is very crafty. People clowned on Gane but I think he did the right thing.

He was in a bad spot and severely outmatched in the grappling.

When the fight is done it is done.
His goose was microwaved.

Reactions: HHJ

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
138cfh
Back