• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media The Renzo lock/ otatsu lock, aka broomstick takedown from taira

Kani basami can be very nasty for sure.

For people who have never seen it in action:

damn, the first one the guy wasnt even trying too trip him backwards he went to the side. interesting. i remember al iaquinta and joe lauzon trying a similar scissor sweep in the ufc

Now they all on notice.

Dont let this guy take your back!

The one he done on Mighty Mouse was sick. Very easy to see how easy it is to injure someone w that

Amazing technique. Surprised we haven't really seen it ulitized in the octagon. Maybe Taira will popularize it.
War Taira!

Reactions: HHJ
This guy just brought a new game to the ufc. Gona be seeing a lot of fighters going for this for a lil while now.

This is why Gane tapped so fast. Its not worth to risk you life for the justbleed fools.
Go back to the drawing board and reflect honestly on your weakness, and work on them.
There’s a huge difference between a blood choke and a joint lock.
Gane tapped because he is a BJJ novice with the grappling IQ in the single digits.

This is why Gane tapped so fast. Its not worth to risk you life for the justbleed fools.
Go back to the drawing board and reflect honestly on your weakness, and work on them.

You're not going to die in a choke in an MMA fight unless the ref is absolutely retarded. People going out is different to people refusing to tap to joint locks.

Just bleed fools? Would've been nice if he "just sweat" in that fight sir.

He wasn't even on the same planet as just bleed in that fight.

He was more like "just tap" lol

This is part of the takedown curriculum at my gym and I hate it. Every time we drill it I feel like my leg is going to be destroyed

• Eek
I feel like someone should've shown this technique to Demian Maia with as often as he got back control standing... lol

Surprised Aljo didn't have this in his backpack toolkit.

He does and he's used it in the ufc, but from standing back body lock, so not all of his weight was hanging off his opponent and limboing in odd directions on one leg of his opponent.

The takedown itself doesn't generally cause injuries, taira's was just at a very bad angle on Perez's leg and taira was swinging all his weight with a lot of momentum into it.

Last edited:
A lot of people were confused by what was happening, but apparently that takedown has many names. Here's one video about it here

Here's wada hitting it on mighty mouse.

It doesn't typically cause injury, but man, you can see all of the weight being forced on to that right leg, then the twist from taira just pops it...

Brutal but brilliant way to finish it.

Back