The Purge: Election Year

If you have seen THE PURGE: ELECTION YEAR, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
I love the concept of The Purge. Really enjoyed the 2nd one. I kinda of hope this turns into a thing where it's franchised to death and we're getting straight to dvd/VOD releases for the next decade. There's endless stories that could be told.

Yeah... I think the film makers said they're going to try and make a new one every year. There's so many stories that can be told from so many different perspectives...

Just watched Purge: Anarchy because of this thread. It's a pretty good film, way better than the first. The first one was annoying, especially those two kids. This trailer doesn't interest me though

Are these worth my time? They give me an 80s b movie vibe.

The premise is very interesting, but the movies are horribly done. I wish they'd get better actors, screenwriters, director

I enjoyed both movies. The kids in the first movie bring it down, but Ethan Hawke, Lena Headey and the storyline bring it back up. Also add a plus if you enjoy school girl outfits. It's very self contained. Giving you only the slightest look into the Purge world.

The second one dives deeper into the world including stupid middle class people who wait until the last minute to get anywhere on the day of the Purge. Different economic groups mix and purge or don't purge for different, often personal reasons. Frank Grillo is awesome. The youngest female character is annoying as fuck. Again. Mixed bag since they are both back in the third movie though she's probably more of a plot device. Hopefully.

There's an interesting theory presented, but a lot of holes. The holes make good fodder for discussing later. During the movie, it's basically a zombie movie. You're never truly safe. Your allies may turn on you at a moments notice. Everyone else is assumed to be an enemy on principle. Surviving and morals don't always go hand in hand. If you can just make it to morning or to a specific location, you might make it.

Update: May 19, 2016

2nd Trailer for THE PURGE: ELECTION YEAR

Hope they stick with the direction of the 2nd and show us a lot more footage outside during the Purge itself.

I really liked both movies though.

This looks interesting.

Originally thought the Purge idea was an awesome concept. Both movies okay to kind of good, but I doubt I'll see this in theaters. I'll wait til it comes out on iTunes and rent it on Apple TV or some shit.

I really don't know why people think the concept of The Purge is interesting or cool. It's something most people think of when they're 8 years old, trying to come up with a cool story. It's simply a really dumb idea and the movies reflect that. Sure, the second one was an improvement over the first but that's not saying much.

Purge 2 was a lot better. Purge 1 was retarded.
I am looking forward to the new one.

I really don't know why people think the concept of The Purge is interesting or cool. It's something most people think of when they're 8 years old, trying to come up with a cool story. It's simply a really dumb idea and the movies reflect that. Sure, the second one was an improvement over the first but that's not saying much.

Pitch your idea to Hollywood bruh. I'm sure you'll be a millionaire soon.

just like the second one i'll watch this at some point but probably not till like 2017

I liked the idea of the Purge, but the actual films were turrible.

i thought the first & second were very good.

very excited for this one.

So basically it is the second Purge but everyone is more prepared, and street smart, and the bad guys will have better props and makeup.

I am down with that.

The 2nd was good cause Grillo was a legit badass, could've been his punisher audition.

Would be nice to see more of a general view of what's going on outside rather then just from one set of group.

Back