The Purge: Election Year

If you have seen THE PURGE: ELECTION YEAR, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
I also think the second film did a better job of potraying the world pf the purge and had interesting villains .election year seems to make the purge universe smaller and the villains uninteresting.

Vote Hillary.

White and rich people are evil.

Krypts larp on purge night.

I'm between a 6 and a 7, so i might round up to a 7. It was slightly better than the first, but in hindsight i think I like the first one better than when I first saw it.

However, Anarchy is by far the best, it's the shit. The Empire Strikes Back. The armored car(well for about 10 minutes) the dude in the back of the semi with the mounted minigun, the twist with the old rich people setting up the capture of random people to use in their twisted games. It was more gritty and Grillo is such a boss.

I honestly think this one was pretty decent but very predictable. I thought it was a lot more tame than the first one. The priest at the end was pretty creepy and good for the short time he was on.

The Purge has become the new Saw films.

Still I like Anarchy better of the trilogy

I am guessing you haven't seen the film yet.
Nope, seen it. Class warfare film like the last one although I didn't like the ending so much since it kind of ends the Purge fiilms

Nope seen it. Class warfare film like the last one

Edited my post. Frank was talking about the president/minister of the new founding fathers.

You are right. I enjoyed anarchy a lot, but this was some bullshit. Fuck the action and suspense lets just focus on a message.

And this isn't just about class warfare it's about how white rich conservatives who also happen to be the only people in the films to practice religion are racist, I mean fuck the government supports neo nazis.

Nope, seen it. Class warfare film like the last one although I didn't like the ending so much since it kind of ends the Purge fiilms
They could kill the president and have purge 4 be some mad max mayhem battle royale war across the u.s

They could kill the president and have purge 4 be some mad max mayhem battle royale war across the u.s

Fuk yea

I love purge anarchy, especially with the tractor trailer scenes.
I wish they would have made the third one more warped.

Felt it would have been way more realistic if they killed him. And they where like mad max villains with everything happening in the past 25 years warping people's sences of morality. All I got from this film is poor people just want to be left alone and are normal and it is the rich white man that is down for purging. Everyone should have been insane, you'd think the detractors of the purge would have been killed a long time ago and the left overs are the crazies.

I hear the second one was good but I disliked the first one enough that it's still pretty low on my "to watch" list. It would have to really surprise me in order to inspire me to watch Part 3.

If horrible ballistics and shitty attention to detail inspires you, then yeah

Van gets hit with a f*cking minigun from above; there are approximately zero bullet holes in the van roof for the rest of the movie

Frank Grillo's character
is shot with a goddamned high caliber rifle from 30 yards away (in the shoulder, off-vest) and there's no exit wound; the film makes a goddamned thing of retrieving the bullet

Trailer shows menacing, twirling, creative Purgers dressed in a variety of patriotic nightmares;
both the "Kiss Me" squad and the Uncle Sam/Abe Lincoln squads are gunned down within seconds

...defeating the purpose of the majority of horror genre spooks which is, you know, "the struggle"

I also think the second film did a better job of potraying the world pf the purge and had interesting villains .election year seems to make the purge universe smaller and the villains uninteresting.

Just about:

170w79.jpg

Last edited:
Just saw this. Loved it.

Some thoughts:

Grillo kicks ass here. He's amazing. The movies itself was very modest in exposing the viewer to the purge night gangs, which was kind of a bummer. I really wanted to see more of the masked characters from the promos. This movies lacked in that department but it had more Governemt hired spec ops cleaning streets. This movies really shows you how broken the American system looks in their world. They take that night to religious levels. I thought they'd go a bit further with the spoiled/psycho teen whores...maybe throw in a moral dilema about killing a kid or something. Downside is that the movies waay to predictable. I was really hoping they throw a curve ball and it ends up that the senator doesn't get elected and things stay the same. However, it didn't happen. We get a very hollywood-esque happy ending. The bad guys are defeated( the neo nazis killed by the badass security guy) and the good guys win.

I hope they don't end the series on a third one. They still have a whole lot of story to tell. I personally would love to see how the first Purge looked like. How did the Americans in their world react to the fact that for the first time in human history ALL crime is legal and to a certain degree even encouraged. Even with the closed ending they can still continue the series. What if the the newly elected president ends the purge, but she doesn't get re elected and the NFFA reinstates The Purge once again? Also, the blood graffiti on the Lincoln memorial got me thinking about how suprisingly little property damage is during purge night. I'd like to see a gang go nuts on an entire town. Just go from houshold to houslehold and throw hand granades inside.

Overal I really enjoyed this movie, I'd say this is a rare example of a movie series that doesn't deteriorate in quality with each sequel. I give it a solid 7.

Back