The Purge: Election Year

If you have seen THE PURGE: ELECTION YEAR, how would you rate it?

• Total voters

Dragonlordxxxxx

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Update: February 10, 2016

First Trailer for THE PURGE: ELECTION YEAR Released

2vd1no1.jpg

The Purge is one of those rare horror franchise that has shown a noticeable uptick from the intermittently effective first film to the thrilling second installment, The Purge: Anarchy. This was owed in no small part to the appearance of Frank Grillo, the reliable B-movie action star who we will next see as the deadly Crossbones in Captain America: Civil War.

So, there’s a mild kind of anticipation for The Purge: Election Year, the third, and far more ambitious, volume in the horror series, which just got its first trailer with Grillo up front, alongside longtime actress Elizabeth Mitchell as Senator Roan, who wants to end The Purge. You might also notice that Justified axiom Mykelti Williamson has joined the cast as a shop owner who matches up with Grillo’s Sergeant.

‘The Purge: Election Year’ Trailer Brings Frank Grillo Back for Another Night of Horror

First Trailer for THE PURGE: ELECTION YEAR Released

2vd1no1.jpg

The Purge is one of those rare horror franchise that has shown a noticeable uptick from the intermittently effective first film to the thrilling second installment, The Purge: Anarchy. This was owed in no small part to the appearance of Frank Grillo, the reliable B-movie action star who we will next see as the deadly Crossbones in Captain America: Civil War.

So, there’s a mild kind of anticipation for The Purge: Election Year, the third, and far more ambitious, volume in the horror series, which just got its first trailer with Grillo up front, alongside longtime actress Elizabeth Mitchell as Senator Roan, who wants to end The Purge. You might also notice that Justified axiom Mykelti Williamson has joined the cast as a shop owner who matches up with Grillo’s Sergeant.

‘The Purge: Election Year’ Trailer Brings Frank Grillo Back for Another Night of Horror

That looks awesome, I am excited, but why it got to be 15 years later? Grillo does not look that much older.

That looks awesome, I am excited, but why it got to be 15 years later? Grillo does not look that much older.
Election Year is set 2 years after the events of Anarchy.

The "15 years later" part was in the perspective of the senator from when her family was killed.

The first 2 are dumb, but oddly enjoyable. I'll watch this at some point.

@Dragonlordxxxxx... I'm guessing you deleted my Purge Election thread that's cool but why rename a old thread with a new movie. A lot of members probably won't comment because the thread is already 17 pages long and old.

Pretty much like the 2nd one except hes proctecting one only.

Looks like a meh movie. I'll go see it but I wont expect it to be any better or worse than the 2nd.

@Dragonlordxxxxx... I'm guessing you deleted my Purge Election thread that's cool but why rename a old thread with a new movie. A lot of members probably won't comment because the thread is already 17 pages long and old.
When I posted the trailer 6 hours ago, I thought only a few might be interested in it. So I posted it in the Purge thread (containing Purge 1 and 2). It's not a big deal, I can just splinter off the recent posts into a new thread.

Is the second one actually an improvement?

I was disappointed by the first and swore them off. It was a very intriguing idea that was executed in a very predictable and dumb fashion.

I was disappointed by the first and swore them off. It was a very intriguing idea that was executed in a very predictable and dumb fashion.

I hated the first one, but I thought the second was much better

Didn't like the first movie either.

Second film was an improvement. It also broadens the scope of the Purge world. It had an Escape from New York vibe to it.

The second Purge movie is what the first Purge movie should have been.

I'lll check this one out though...

I'd like to see a found footage Purge movie. Now that would be some scary shit. Looking forward to this.

Haven't seen either Purge movie.

I'll make a priority for the next week to check them out.

I liked the Purge movies but they also kind of annoyed me a bit too... Too many last moment rescues. I can deal with 2-3 but 10 is too much... Makes you want them to die.

The first one was just idiotic. Dumbass son has the codes to open the whole house security? Daughters boyfriend's big plan is to shoot her family and she is sad that he gets popped trying to shoot her family?

Not to mention the ridiculous home defense weapons chosen(overhand shotgun grip?)

Second one was much better. Larger scale and much more immersive. I like the concept of the movie. Interesting to think what would go on in that kind of scenario.

the main plot line for The Purge movies has so much potential, ill check it out

Yeah, I'm on the wagon with the other posters here, I really didn't care for the first one. Was a lot of stupid shit, and it was boring. It's a good movie idea, but when you have a whole country going wild, who wants to just see one dumb ass family holed up in a house? We get that in dozens of other films, whether it's legal or not doesn't make it anymore exciting :/ Felt wasted.

Thank god for the second one. I thought it was much better than the first.

Not sure how the third will go, but I'll watch. I like that guy from the second one so will be happy to see him again at least.

Ftr, those glow/light up masks, or whatever the fuck they are, look like something you could buy from Hot Topic lmao. I bet they'll become really popular :s

I love the concept of The Purge. Really enjoyed the 2nd one. I kinda of hope this turns into a thing where it's franchised to death and we're getting straight to dvd/VOD releases for the next decade. There's endless stories that could be told.

Love these films. A lot more stuff between the lines than most people would understand, imo.

Haven't seen either Purge movie.

I'll make a priority for the next week to check them out.
Do yourself a favor and skip the first one. They recap why the purge happens in the second, and nothing from the first movie is touched on. That first movie was ass.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back