The PR Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
getting back on track I hit a PR today in weighted chins. Unfortunately it was 5lbs off what I was shooting for:

270X2X2
290X1X1
300X1X1
315X1X1
320X9/10thsX1

I was hoping for a 320lb weighted chin (BW=220+100lbs on a belt) but fell a few inches short as I couldn't get my chin over the bar to complete the lift. Nevertheless the 315lb chin is a PR. Oh well, taking a week off from chinning work then time to ramp up again.

And Carnal, big conrats on your 460 pull. Great job! You'll be pulling 500 by next year.

And congrats to everyone else: keep shattering your old records!

Nice work Chris! I'm envious of your freaky chin-up skills!

If I have it my way (and I will) I'll pull 510 by this summer.

I will pull 405 by the end of the year or I'll be a monkey's uncle.

I'm going for +50 to squat and deadlift and +30 bench press by June 1.

CHRIS660 can you do onehand chins? i don't mean those cheap one hand on ar and the other grabbing the others forearm. i mean true one arm chins, deadhang.

Very nice lifts, but you must not have read the rest of the thread.

Originally posted by peregrine
CHRIS660 can you do onehand chins? i don't mean those cheap one hand on ar and the other grabbing the others forearm. i mean true one arm chins, deadhang.

It is a long-term goal of mine. Currently I cannot do one. I can support myself in the contracted position and can do a negative, but starting from the bottom I move a quarter of the way or so and that is my sticking point. after the 100 pound chin goes down it's time to boost up my HSPU numbers on the parallelettes without using the wall to brace. maybe i will concentrate of one arm chin after that.

I made the paralletes out of 1+1/2 inch PVC pipe as shown on the crossfit website. Very solid piece of equip and you can't beat it for only $13.50 when it's homemade.

To be able to do one armed pullups you must have very good balance in your arms and shoulders. I can do about 30-40 pullups with palms out but I started to get good at one arm chins only when I started to do handstands and handstand pushups. Try to get to where you can go up a flight of stairs on your hands and you will have a good balance. Fingerboards and rings are also great for developing stabilising muscles. One armed chins are as much about balance as strength and weighted assisted one armed chins will help you much more than weighted regular pullups.

when do you guys sequence in your handstand push ups? first? or last?definately when i do them last i am so fatiqued i can't do it unsupported so i need to lean on the wall.

as far as walking up stairs i haven't done that one yet. down stairs yes. but not up.

You shouldn't be too fatigued while doing handstand pushups, leave that for military pressing. Handstand pushups are for balance and strength in the stabilising muscles. go betwwen 2 chairs and focus on control and a full range of motion. I do mine standing on a bar. Or sometimes the gymnastic horse.

I reached 200 last Wednesday, Im working on making 215 in a month or two

Thanks guys it helps a lot when people support you, makes you go out and try harder

previous bests when only weightlifting:

DL: 380 x 2
Squat: 280 x 5
Bench: 230 x 4

I've just started lifting again alongside my MMA training. I am hoping to mount a decent assault on those records, but realise I may not better them. But to balance out this loss of strength I now have infinitely more aerobic capacity and greater flexibility. And a life.

Im in my 2 rep week now..I just rose with a 2@440lbs squat and there was power left ;)
I did incline situps 2 reps@90lbs too :)

I've just caught a bad cold, so next session on friday might be not so good.

this morning I felt like someone put mashmallows up my nose. It's a bit better now though. I've had nosebleed twice today due to the wear and tear of the nose's inside ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back