The PR Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
well I was still sick when I woke up, but as the day progressed I decided to not admit that I was and just go on acting well ;) (The mind is a powerful thing)

at the gym most lifts were awful...I lacked motivation and I gassed at some heavy good mornings. I got a curtain at 462lbs in deads and couldn't move it of the floor, although I did a ridiculously easy 396lbs dead maybe two minutes before that.
Military presses I couldn't get lockout at 176lbs, which I repped twice this monday.

Bench I just changed my grip to an open grip today, so I don't really count it as failure. I managed an easy 264lbs but then jumped to 308 which I was too wobbly to dare trying.

Well, monday I feel sorry for all the weight plates....Im gonna take this out on them ;) .......:)....... :D

Rip shit up man!

New PR today, 480 deadlift! I will nail that 500 by the end of the month.

Nobody is laughing. Keep pulling hard, 300 just around the corner bro!

well, this is my pr week. I'll edit this post as soon as i see what i've got.
Hoping for
300+ squat
300+ dead
200+ bench

Shit, never mind. I have a tear in my abdominal wall and if i lift i might get a hernia. Surgury for me. FUCK!

as can be seen on my 'training partner' thread I didn't get to the gym yesterday as I should.

I went there alone today....

Squats was an easy 485lbs, slightly more shallow than competitive.
military presses I just felt out the weights with different grips to prepare for friday.
Chins I did 110lbs + bodyweight 160lbs..I didn't try mor cause I was bored, (dont know why)?
Bench was a quit easy and fast 310lbs, but my ass was slightly off the bench. I'll go higher on friday.
Farmers stand was 5 sec@350lbs and 3sec@375lbs..(I need my CoC's yesterday :( )

All in all a good 1RM-day :)

some lifts go well, but I still need to work on shoulders and grip....they're sooo behind all other musclegroups.

I did muay thai later in the evening, and man!! my new weight does NOT make conditioning easier I can tell you that ;)

I forgot the weighted situp max at 120lbs :)

I set up, I was ready to tear it apart. I bent down and tried to squat it up. My set-up was wrong and i ended up trying to GM it up. I moved the fucker maybe an inch before I lost it. I was furious. I had to get this weight. It was part of the road to 550 squat and this set back would put me off my goal my of April 9. I watched a video of Eddie Coan squatting so hard his nose bled. I went back in, the set up was clean and I pushed hard, the weight broke free of the pins and I finally forced it up.

Thats the overly dramatic story of my 445 bottom up squat. Once I hit 475 from the bottom I should be able to do 550 normal style. I have april ninth set. WOOT! Also look for the 500 deadlift by the end of this month.

bottom-squats...do you do them in a power rack?

Here's some new shit...had a worse day than monday that's for sure....

started with an easy sidebend at 155lbs..there were no more dumbells.

Got the 440lbs pull easy than got a curtain at 485lbs, not even got it off the floor...better luck next time I guess.

Nothing new in the military presses. Missed 187lbs, but got 176lbs, which Ive done two reps at earlier.

Onehand lat pulldown I got an ok 155lbs, so there's only a few lbs left before I should be able to one arm chinup from dead hang.

I ached incredibly so I didn't go for the bench.

it is a lifetime goal of mine to be able to do a arm chinup any time, anywhere :)

i started benching 140lbs for sets of 10 this week, and only 3 weeks ago i was only at 105. so im happy my numbers are reallying going up.

that's better than my fastest ever progress in any excercise.

My fastest progress ever was from 5@230lbs to 5@320lbs deads in 4 weeks...this guys does the same in three!! :)

Your idea is much more effecient (of course!) but people will be less likely too look at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back