The PR Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yours about editing things in. I thought this thread was a good idea but if nobody is reading it I'll have it deleted.

hm..yeah that would be simpler to navigate in such a thread, question is wether ppl can do so and just not keep on posting and posting and posting....

last week i benched 255 lbs. I was kinda happy. Trying to get to 300 by June

good job Carnal- Do you think i could get 300 if i switch my routine to a strength based routine by the end of April or mid APril?

I've always done a body building routine..

I dunno. It'll depend on what you get too before April.

Quite doing that :eek::eek::eek: shit now and you'll probably do fine though haha.

Great to see a forum with pple LIFTING. Most MA forums I go to talk about how Lifting is bad for your MA. (BULLSHIT!)

Anyways I am taking a break right now been OVERTRAINING and need to let my knee and shoulder heal.

My current PRs are:

Bench 400lbs 6 reps want to get 410 by May. Our rule is you have to do at least 6~8 reps to say you can do it. (ie you can't say you bench 350lbs if you can only do one rep.)

Squats I was working 500lbs until I knee started acting up again (I had it dislocated once and now it gives me problems under alot of stress.)

I don't do DLs, don't know why most the guys I lift with are powerlifters but I just don't do them.

Originally posted by CarnalSalvation
You misunderstood the thread.

My apologizes. What did I misunderstand?

It's not asking for best lifts, it's a place to post NEW accomplishments.

I finally squeezed out a second rep on my CofC's :D

Nice work Jarfi!

I missed the 500 deadlift this Saturday. I think I was having a problem though. I squatted really hard on Wednesday and I think I wasn't fully recovered. Because 490 went pretty easy last week and 500 wouldn't even come off the floor.

too bad..:(

don't do heavy DL's too often it will only hamper the strength gains.

Everyone says that, but I've gone from 400 to right on the cusp of 500 in less than three months training on maximal singles.

I think the warning may be more towards the normal volume of heavy training than doing singles. But that's only my own thought.

That could be. When I do heavy singles, I only do five, and only the last two are "heavy".

hehe..yeah that could explain it...It's very low volume :)

I must say that gaining 1lbs a day for three months is good :)

weeee:D

Im in my second week of a westside'ish program and I revolve the excercises on a 2wk base cause i don't feel advanced enough to be max a new lift every week. so today was max and here I go..

Squat new PR at 496lbs (225kg) before 485lbs(220kg)
weighted situps on a sloping 'board'? 3@121lbs(55kg) before I only singled it.

I didn't get a new PR in clean&press (I always clean my military press)

hehehe...and Im also off creatine, tribulus and eph which I used on previous max.

Plus I'm down 4lbs in bodyweight AND ahve started muay thai 3days per week again (had a 1mo lay off, due to school)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back