The PR Thread ! III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strict Overhead Press: 195 lbs x 3 (BW is 195 lbs)

Also a bit of extra credit in there.

Congrats on the PRs, everyone. And very nice work on the bench PR, Knuckle; I know you've put a lot of work into your press.

375x9 squat rep PR.

fuuuuuuuuuuu

was up there at this point last year, but lost all my strength :(

But GJ, nonetheless

thanks man. easier to get it back than to gain it in the first place. may i recommend some Amon Amarth to listen to while you lift.

Benched 230x3 for reps PR.

Ain't that much but man I can still remember 225 as my lifetime goal years and years ago. haha

Hey guys, I have never posted in this subsection, but I think this is the right thread... def did not want to make a new one.

Anyways I am 26 and used to lift a lot when I was 18-20, but then stopped when I got more serious with boxing and did not lift really from 21-25. My max bench at the time was 300, and I weighed 145.

I had a couple wrist injuries a year ago and have been lifting since for rehab. I was doing all low weight, high reps like 135x30reps for bench, 20x35reps for bicep curl, etc.

The last couple months my wrists have felt great and I started to do heavier weights, just to see where I was at. I do not have a spotter usually, so I have not maxed in years, but yesterday I repped 195x10 on the bench. Anyone know what kind of max I could expect? I am going to try this weekend when my friend comes over.

thanks.

I do not have a spotter usually, so I have not maxed in years, but yesterday I repped 195x10 on the bench. Anyone know what kind of max I could expect? I am going to try this weekend when my friend comes over.

thanks.

The higher number of reps the lower the accuracy of max predictions but I would expect a 1RM from 240-260. Just start light and go up slowly when working up to your max.

Front Squat: 315x1

Spotter was a bit hands-on, but I think I got it without help. Was proud of this one, anyhow.

^Nice!

Pulled 405 for 3 reps today after getting 365 for 4 last week. Wasn't going to go for it but some guy I was working in with encouraged me to try 4 after ripping 3 plates for an easy 7. Glad I did!

My lifter, the Thickness/Big Mama Squats, pretty viciously destroyed a hang snatch PR tonight of 65kg.

Pretty pleased with it. First time we've pushed hang work in a hot minute.

Congrats on the PR!

Thank you!

Makes me feel so weak, haha. I realize I've had knee injuries, but I can't even squat 315 ATG (I can go parallel, but I like ATG better), and I can only front squat like MAYBE 225, haha.

My knees have been feeling pretty excellent lately, and I think front squatting with good form has exactly improved my knee health. Squatting high-bar and bouncing out of the hole left them feeling terrible; heavy front squatting leaves them feeling strong.

Now, there was probably an issue with my high-bar form that was causing that, but that's been my experience nonetheless.

You sound like you used to squat quite a bit; I am sure you'll get back there when healthy!

405x2. From 405x1 w/ straps last year. Cheated on my 5-3-1 triumvirate prog. a little to try it. hehehe

Pulled 525x2 on the trap bar today, for a +15 lb, +1 rep PR. That was exciting.

Niiiiiiice. Good job, AO. It looked easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back