The PR Thread ! III

Status
Not open for further replies.

thanks, ya i think i might have been good for 305-310 is my form would have held up, as you can see my bar path wasnt great, not supposed to come towards my neck like that, haha :D

Well yeah, I might be overreacting a bit, but not by much. I can EASILY get under 275, just I can't keep it under because my wrists give out :(

I'll get there soon though.

I've seen supers in training have one hand completely off of the bar and still stand with 200kgs in the rack. It's very likely your issue is more technical than mobility related.

But then, wtf do I know.

You caught that clean on your chest and attempted to push your elbows through while maintaining a death grip on the bar. You are supposed to catch a clean up on your deltoids and you don't need to keep squeezing the shit out of the bar. If you just let it sit in your fingers, it becomes a lot easier to achieve a racked position.

While increased mobility will always help, your glaring issues that will prevent you from moving heavier weight are all technical.

People would be a lot more willing to give you advice if you weren't so arrogant in damn near every post you have posted here. I'm sure you don't care because you obviously have everything figured out but I thought I'd just give you that bit of advice if you ever hope to get help from anyone here.

You caught that clean on your chest and attempted to push your elbows through while maintaining a death grip on the bar. You are supposed to catch a clean up on your deltoids and you don't need to keep squeezing the shit out of the bar. If you just let it sit in your fingers, it becomes a lot easier to achieve a racked position.

While increased mobility will always help, your glaring issues that will prevent you from moving heavier weight are all technical.

People would be a lot more willing to give you advice if you weren't so arrogant in damn near every post you have posted here. I'm sure you don't care because you obviously have everything figured out but I thought I'd just give you that bit of advice if you ever hope to get help from anyone here.

Yes, that.

Also, Jake, that was me that said hello on Glenn's forum. Good luck. Some time at CS would be a major opportunity to grow as an Oly lifter, future coach, and all round athlete.

Oh, nice. I knew the name sounded familiar but I am used to seeing your middle name in there, as well, so it through me off a bit.

I don't think I have much of a chance this time around but I thought getting my name out there a bit could potentially open up future opportunities for me. Perhaps next year if I make good progress this year and I qualify/have a good showing at the AO.

Oh, nice. I knew the name sounded familiar but I am used to seeing your middle name in there, as well, so it through me off a bit.

I don't think I have much of a chance this time around but I thought getting my name out there a bit could potentially open up future opportunities for me. Perhaps next year if I make good progress this year and I qualify/have a good showing at the AO.

Well if I talk to Glenn anytime soon I'll be sure and extoll your dedication and all round being a nice guy-ism. :) He likes that kind of shit.

Well if I talk to Glenn anytime soon I'll be sure and extoll your dedication and all round being a nice guy-ism. :) He likes that kind of shit.

That would be awesome, man; I really appreciate that. I'm going to try and get out there for a training visit, too, so hopefully that will help my future chances.

This thread is for PRs that you have already hit. Take this stuff to your training log.

Alright back on track. These WL guys are getting out of control.

From Saturday:

Squat: 395 x 2 x 2 *Belt and light wraps 10lb PR

Emulating meet conditions on these as this weight will be my opener for the meet coming up. All reps were smooth and easy.

Two weeks ago I squatted 135 kg for 3x5, last week I deadlifted 167.5 kg for 1x5, while at a weight of 82 kg.

Deadlift

First pulled 215 for a +5 PR, then pulled 225 for a +15 PR!

Nice work, WC. Looks like I sent some strength your way.

I dunno where else to post this

This is what training logs are for.

You are going to have to stop posting everything about your workouts in here and start putting them in your log.

Paused Bench: 265 x 1 15lb PR

Not super fast but I got it. Having some pretty bad elbow/shoulder tendonitis. I think the weight loss coupled with the pressing volume is catching up with me. I'll be fine for the meet though.

First time I've hit a >BW press in about a year. Feels good, even though a BW press is still pathetic.

Paused Bench: 265 x 1 15lb PR

Not super fast but I got it. Having some pretty bad elbow/shoulder tendonitis. I think the weight loss coupled with the pressing volume is catching up with me. I'll be fine for the meet though.

First time I've hit a >BW press in about a year. Feels good, even though a BW press is still pathetic.

Welcome to my world lol, nice press man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back