The Photography thread!

I’ll keep that in mind. I’m always looking to improve. That’s definitely something I could work on. Thanks!

The first of the baby shots misses focus a bit being on the shoulder rather than the face but most of the rest don't seem too bad to me although they don't really have that shallow an area in focus.

It does depend on the kind of shot your taking of course, two subjects especially makes it harder to get both in shallow focus as your having to line them up.

dvkaY88.jpg

Good quality lighting and skin work, classic contemporary Russian portraiture that I love. Wish I knew how to post photos on here
Thank you!
Upload a file button works for me. File has to be relatively small though, around 1 MB.

First pic is from the Lincoln memorial looking east toward the Washington monument. In the AM.

second pic B&W. I like this pic

Three outta four of those pics are shot into the sun. Not sure if that’s how it’s supposed to be done lol.

I got lucky on that fourth pic. Kept going down the trail hoping the sun would align.

A hand printed platinum/palladium print. Shot with my new canon r5 and a 50mm Ziess manual focus lens.

The mountain is Meewah, shot from the Toowoomba mountain range. It is the site of the famous "Battle of One Tree Hill" that was one of the rare times where the Indigenous Australians were victorious in their battles against fully armed colonialist. As colonisers where expanding into the valued fertile lands of the locker valley and a recent mass poisoning of 55 Aboriginal people by settlers on the Kilcoy station, the warrior Multuggerah led his people and attacked settlers in a convoy and drove them back. The settlers retreated and gathered every available man, 50 armed men in total, to the attack local people. But the Indigenous warriors had a plan and retreated to this mountain where they had collected massive amounts of large rocks and along with traditional weapons drove back the invaders. Many Aboriginal people were killed. Victory for that battle in what was to become years of skirmishes known as the "Frontier Wars".

Attachments

• meewah_copy.jpg
    meewah_copy.jpg
    462.9 KB · Views: 9
Processed some of the shots I made a year ago in Karelia

DSC_0634xs.jpg

DSC_9537xs.jpg

A few recent shots...

kZwNdrp.jpg

mZDfzoU.jpg

dt9hYPm.jpg

Mqyz2tr.jpg
Love that first shot! It makes me think of other shots that are popular on the internet. Not to mean it’s generic, just I can see many people liking it and sharing it around online.

I like the b&w shot and the mushroom picture is nice too. Normally I get annoyed with a blade of grass getting in the way but instead you just made it add to/complement the photo
Thanks!
There is indeed a thin line between details being complimentary and annoying. That is one of the reasons I never do only one shot.

Back