The other RR thread was deleted

Hah, figured that. When Eddie explained Robert Joshua's anger, he basically just said "He's an emotional guy" ... right, but when in an emotional state of mind there's a reason WHY you're emotional.

I assume you also know who the delivered the KO in sparring?

I'm on the fence with this... UFC shut down Ronda for a year, and she still got blown away. Yes, they matched her up poorly against Nunes, but too much time off isn't good. If in fact Joshua's poor performance was caused by a concussion / pressure, then maybe Ruiz isn't that of a bad match up for him. Ruiz wasn't considered top tier before the fight (Fury, Wilder, AJ being top tier) and I still don't consider him top tier.

Exactly. You aren't going to get that reaction over a loss without other issues. Plus, that's his dad. He was a father looking out for his son in that instance.

Concussions are very tricky to deal with. The fact that he took that type of punishment in the fight is scary. You sometimes have to save guys from themselves. Personally, I would want some recovery time for any fighter I work with. Ultimately, it's their call though.

On Ruiz, he's a tough fighter. Durable with a good chin and some pop. AJ is a step above though and I think all things equal he handles business 9 out of 10 times.

I really hope his health is 100% before they put him back in there.

Really? They said it was Dawejko who has a similar build to Ruiz so seemed like they were trying to re-do things late to get ready for Ruiz atleast that’s what I think.

That is who knocked AJ out. Apparently he got elbowed in the head a month out which may have been something that they didn't catch and he walked through.

Yeah, but when I say watching footage I mean watching Ruiz's actual fights. Danny sits on youtube for hours and watches guys. I don't think AJ did that on Ruiz. Mimicking someone in sparring helps but you have to watch them fight too. That way you pick up on all their tells.

I'm glad you're back!

Is Spence definitely fighting Porter next? What are your thoughts on that?

99.99% sure. Still a few issues need to be resolved but my guess is that it will be done next week. No real hurdles. It's who he is training for.

I think E wins a relatively wins an UD. He will try to stop Porter because he doesn't like him but will ultimately settle in and box. Don't want him getting sloppy because Porter is a tough kid and he pretty much stays in your face the entire fight

yeah i don't understand why they're pushing for the rematch so quickly. joshua was knocked down 4 times in that fight and badly concussed. it's like no one in his camp realizes that coming back a few months later isn't a good idea, you need a long fucking time to completely recover from that.

these are veterans of the game, what the hell is wrong with them?

I am at a loss about how they are handling this. What it seems to me is they are scrambling to do damage control which is awful.

Fighters lose. It happens. They fucked up once. Why do it again?

welcome back,

Does Danny's weight cut play a factor with not sticking to his game plan? From what I can tell, he has more physical and mental breaks in fights, than any other current top fighter I can recall. He also is probably the biggest weight cutter at the moment.

As for AJ, how far out from a fight do they usually stop the hard sparring in the pros?

They must want the immediate rematch to boost AJ's confidence, and to keep him fresh in the mind of the fans, and keep them confident in him and that is was a fluke.

Thanks.

Danny's weight wasn't an issue. It would be an easy excuse to make but he was fine. He just didn't pull the trigger early. Danny get's passive sometimes and what you said about it being mental is 100% accurate. He overthinks everything. As you saw, he finished strong so we had him prepared. He just lost. It sucks but it's reality. Every round counts and when you give up 4 of the first 6 you're fucked. He cuts from 93.

Depends on the fight but typically 3 weeks. You're still in the ring after that but it's cardio and going through the motions. You're also basically using pillows for gloves. How AJ's camp let that happen is beyond me. Somebody would no longer be employed if that was one of our camps

That's what I think. Which is doubling down on the first fuck up. That's the part of the sport I don't like.

That is who knocked AJ out. Apparently he got elbowed in the head a month out which may have been something that they didn't catch and he walked through.

Yeah, but when I say watching footage I mean watching Ruiz's actual fights. Danny sits on youtube for hours and watches guys. I don't think AJ did that on Ruiz. Mimicking someone in sparring helps but you have to watch them fight too. That way you pick up on all their tells.

Yeah that’s what i’ve been reading, it was dismissed and laughed at because of the guys record and Ko% so it made sense it was a case of being behind with the replacement and a quick “come on one more before the fight” then boom!

Sucks for AJ but I have to say Ruiz was fighting perfectly even before everything, his style is a perfect match to AJ and AJ has been wobbled badly before just obviously not as bad. He should still make some adjustments and take more time which they aren’t looking to do. But he’s been very cool about everything and has won my respects for sure.

Lol. I appreciate all this. Just got a text letting me know that all this is over. You guys are good people.

I'll try to field as many boxing questions as I can. No interest in the forum drama. We can put all of it behind us. I don't care about it.

Ask away (I am not even going to consider going through my inbox lol).

Glad you're back brother. Forum wasn' the same without you. For those who love to talk boxing, having an insider is so valuable.

So, is it realistic to get Spence/Crawford within a year? That's a potential superfight that I don't want to see ruined or happen after interest has expired.

Yeah that’s what i’ve been reading, it was dismissed and laughed at because of the guys record and Ko% so it made sense it was a case of being behind with the replacement and a quick “come on one more before the fight” then boom!

Sucks for AJ but I have to say Ruiz was fighting perfectly even before everything, his style is a perfect match to AJ and AJ has been wobbled badly before just obviously not as bad. He should still make some adjustments and take more time which they aren’t looking to do. But he’s been very cool about everything and has won my respects for sure.

They probably saw a fat guy who looked like he was drinking more beer then going rounds. They didn't plan on him coming to fight. Figured he was going to lay down for a pay day (which admittedly happens a lot). I didn't think he was getting up after AJ dropped him.

I like Ruiz. I'm always happy for guys like him. It's a tough business and he's going to get paid.

AJ needs to move his head. He fights much too robotic. He needs a new camp. That's why I was so confident in Deontay beating him. He's athletic enough to make the adjustments. I'm biased but Ronnie Shields would do wonders for him.

They probably saw a fat guy who looked like he was drinking more beer then going rounds. They didn't plan on him coming to fight. Figured he was going to lay down for a pay day (which admittedly happens a lot). I didn't think he was getting up after AJ dropped him.

I like Ruiz. I'm always happy for guys like him. It's a tough business and he's going to get paid.

AJ needs to move his head. He fights much too robotic. He needs a new camp. That's why I was so confident in Deontay beating him. He's athletic enough to make the adjustments. I'm biased but Ronnie Shields would do wonders for him.

I loved that Ruiz won, love a good underdog in boxing. I have a friend who is kind of like him. He looks fat as fuck but he is an absolute BEAST at running and weightlifting. It is always funny seeing 6ft6 shredded guys in the gym who are shocked because he outlifts them etc. His arms are like tree trunks with zero muscle definition lol

Haha yeah they probably thought a payday like that for Ruiz he was going to say “fuck training” and kill some boxes of Snickers and Coronas celebrating haha.

Yeah def needs to improve his head movement and long range fighting. He needs to learn to move backwards and away from shots a lot more even is he’s not too fast on his feet. Ruiz would rush him and he’d cover his head like he walked between 2 dudes throwing frisbee and was told “hey watch your head!!”

Glad you're back brother. Forum wasn' the same without you. For those who love to talk boxing, having an insider is so valuable.

So, is it realistic to get Spence/Crawford within a year? That's a potential superfight that I don't want to see ruined or happen after interest has expired.

Appreciate it.

I don't think so unless Arum drops dead. We can work with Todd but Bob is an asshole. The problem is he makes everything so difficult. The crazy thing is we could get there on money. E has a guarantee so it's not that. We don't want to fight on ESPN+. It does literally nothing for E. We are trying to build his brand up and a one off to help Top Rank isn't happening unless we are way on the A side. I wouldn't expect Crawford's team to look at that either. I wouldn't if I worked for him.

It sucks as a boxing fan but that's an honest answer. I see that there's a thread about him fighting Canelo. E doesn't cut a lot of weight. That would be tough.

I loved that Ruiz won, love a good underdog in boxing. I have a friend who is kind of like him. He looks fat as fuck but he is an absolute BEAST at running and weightlifting. It is always funny seeing 6ft6 shredded guys in the gym who are shocked because he outlifts them etc. His arms are like tree trunks with zero muscle definition lol

Same. I worked with Tony Grano. Nobody will know who he is likely but I had him in camp with Danny. They actually shared an apartment during camp. Really cool Italian kid. Anyways, undersized HW but he kicked Travis Kauffman's ass when he was a "huge prospect". It's really cool to see guys like that make it.

Haha I never judge a guy who has arms like tree trunks, look at those guys in the Strongman’s they just have fat ass shoulder and biceps.

Your buddy reminds me of a guy at the old gym I used to go to. There were some dudes shredded 6’3 - 6’6 always slamming the weights and screaming. Then this chubby dude would show up build like a bull but visibly not much muscle, fat ass arms, he must have been Samoan or an Asian mix. This guy was benching double the weight they were doing and getting on the fucking pull up stand and tieng 3-4 plates on his belt and doing pull ups. Guys were looking at him like it’s this guy fucking human? Slow it down we’re not going to get noticed by the chicks hahaha...

Haha yeah they probably thought a payday like that for Ruiz he was going to say “fuck training” and kill some boxes of Snickers and Coronas celebrating haha.

Yeah def needs to improve his head movement and long range fighting. He needs to learn to move backwards and away from shots a lot more even is he’s not too fast on his feet. Ruiz would rush him and he’d cover his head like he walked between 2 dudes throwing frisbee and was told “hey watch your head!!”

He reminds me a lot of Arreola. That kid would never turn away a donut but you can bet your last dollar he is coming to fight.

His muscle mass hurts him. Like I said, too stiff. Even outside of the concussion, he needs to go ahead and adjust. That's why fighting so soon is so ignorant. If he loses again they ruined him.

I know firsthand because of what happened with Danny against Pirog. It's not an exact science by any means but it's crucial. Unfortunately, it seems his team doesn't give a shit about him outside of cashing checks.

He reminds me a lot of Arreola. That kid would never turn away a donut but you can bet your last dollar he is coming to fight.

His muscle mass hurts him. Like I said, too stiff. Even outside of the concussion, he needs to go ahead and adjust. That's why fighting so soon is so ignorant. If he loses again they ruined him.

I know firsthand because of what happened with Danny against Pirog. It's not an exact science by any means but it's crucial. Unfortunately, it seems his team doesn't give a shit about him outside of cashing checks.

Haha yeah, He said he was going to get in better shape we’ll see if he keeps his word. That’s another big issue losing a bit of muscle but I doubt he will tbh. The people around him are def being careless, i’ve been thinking myself if it was me in the corner and he was asking me questions like “Why am I feeling like this” I would have probably convince him to let me stop it worried he was badly concussed. But most people would tell me that’s nonsense that it’s AJ and the titles are on the line.

Haha yeah, He said he was going to get in better shape we’ll see if he keeps his word. That’s another big issue losing a bit of muscle but I doubt he will tbh. The people around him are def being careless, i’ve been thinking myself if it was me in the corner and he was asking me questions like “Why am I feeling like this” I would have probably convince him to let me stop it worried he was badly concussed. But most people would tell me that’s nonsense that it’s AJ and the titles are on the line.

He might. He has a lot of media attention right now. I wouldn't ask him to do too much though if that's the weight he is comfortable at. It's what makes him marketable too. Long conversation lol.

His corner should have thrown in the towel. If a fighters eyes are blinking, you have a problem. Those people are idiots to say that. I know that everyone gets a kick on shitting on a fighter after a loss. If you honestly appreciate the sport none of this is funny and everyone involved should be ashamed. You don't treat your people like that. These guys make us a lot of money and in return we owe them the same respect

He might. He has a lot of media attention right now. I wouldn't ask him to do too much though if that's the weight he is comfortable at. It's what makes him marketable too. Long conversation lol.

His corner should have thrown in the towel. If a fighters eyes are blinking, you have a problem. Those people are idiots to say that. I know that everyone gets a kick on shitting on a fighter after a loss. If you honestly appreciate the sport none of this is funny and everyone involved should be ashamed. You don't treat your people like that. These guys make us a lot of money and in return we owe them the same respect

People also shit on Joshua for his sportsmanship. To each his own, I guess.

I do agree about the towel throwing, especially given what you confirmed to have happened pre-fight. AJ got up 4 times and would have resumed fighting if the ref hadn’t stopped him, FFS.

People also shit on Joshua for his sportsmanship. To each his own, I guess.

I do agree about the towel throwing, especially given what you confirmed to have happened pre-fight. AJ got up 4 times and would have resumed fighting if the ref hadn’t stopped him, FFS.

I think Joshua has handled this perfectly. He's a good dude. That's why it's unfortunate his team sucks.

Ridiculous. They could have let him get killed in the ring. He wasn't there and as soon as a fighter says that it's over. Nothing more. It's very irresponsible to allow ths

Back