The other RR thread was deleted

Thanks.

Danny started too slow unfortunately. He knows that. It was the exact opposite of what he worked on. Closed well. Canelo won the fight. No issues. He hurt his hand very early on. Old injury anyways. No excuses. Props to Canelo

I have a huge issue on the AJ fight because I know for a fact that he was knocked out during sparring. Hearn is handling this like shit. AJ is being a class act. I don't know if he had a concussion because I am not part of his team but I assume that he did. He didn't look right at all. I wouldn't have wanted an immediate rematch. Probably would have shut him down for the year and seen how he looked in the gym against much better sparring

Welcome back Broo! Wish they would have changed the title to “RR is back!” So I could have seen this sooner Hehe

Does this mean Dembones won’t be turning us into lampshades ?

More likely he will be making jackets with our skin.

I'm guessing that he's back lol

Welcome back Broo! Wish they would have changed the title to “RR is back!” So I could have seen this sooner Hehe

Thanks dude and Haha. They don't want to make it a big deal and I'm cool with that. Everyone got the desired result. Ready to talk boxing. Missed you fuckers

Absolutely!

Good to see you back @RR , love the insights you share.

Thanks my dude. I do think that this forum has some of the best boxing minds and you guys are the reason I came back.

Good to have you back RR
got-game-of-thrones-30969220-500-264.gif

So let's talk up E. I'm going to pick up where I left off lol

Good to have you back RR
got-game-of-thrones-30969220-500-264.gif

You guys are awesome. Real talk I really appreciate all this. Not because of forum drama but because I respect the boxing community. We are a close group and it means a ton that you support my fighters. I'd buy every single person here a beer

Thanks. I'm really impressed by how AJ has handled it. He has my respect. Even though Eddie is promoting Danny I don't understand how they let this happen. He shouldn't have even been sparring that close to a fight.

Probably because of Ruiz being a late replacement?

I have a huge issue on the AJ fight because I know for a fact that he was knocked out during sparring. Hearn is handling this like shit...

Hah, figured that. When Eddie explained Robert Joshua's anger, he basically just said "He's an emotional guy" ... right, but when in an emotional state of mind there's a reason WHY you're emotional.

I assume you also know who the delivered the KO in sparring?

I wouldn't have wanted an immediate rematch. Probably would have shut him down for the year and seen how he looked in the gym against much better sparring.

I'm on the fence with this... UFC shut down Ronda for a year, and she still got blown away. Yes, they matched her up poorly against Nunes, but too much time off isn't good. If in fact Joshua's poor performance was caused by a concussion / pressure, then maybe Ruiz isn't that of a bad match up for him. Ruiz wasn't considered top tier before the fight (Fury, Wilder, AJ being top tier) and I still don't consider him top tier.

Hah, figured that. When Eddie explained Robert Joshua's anger, he basically just said "He's an emotional guy" ... right, but when in an emotional state of mind there's a reason WHY you're emotional.

I assume you also know who the delivered the KO in sparring?

I'm on the fence with this... UFC shut down Ronda for a year, and she still got blown away. Yes, they matched her up poorly against Nunes, but too much time off isn't good. If in fact Joshua's poor performance was caused by a concussion / pressure, then maybe Ruiz isn't that of a bad match up for him. Ruiz wasn't considered top tier before the fight (Fury, Wilder, AJ being top tier) and I still don't consider him top tier.

Skillwise he most certainly can be up there we just set the expectations from him so low for his physique judging what ever good account he gave of himself Joshua would still be too big and good and Ruiz too out of shape to really last too long. That doesn’t take away he was a gamed opponent with good skills and quick hands. Even before the first 2 KD’s he was slipping and countering Joshua’s right beautifully and getting out of the way of it. He was ducking and throwing back, the style was def something Joshua never had in front of him. He wasn’t just standing there eating shots amd wobbling around.

If he can get into better shape and get his cardio and punch ouput up there I think he has a chance again.

I don't think that AJ had seen any footage

Really? They said it was Dawejko who has a similar build to Ruiz so seemed like they were trying to re-do things late to get ready for Ruiz atleast that’s what I think.

So let's talk up E. I'm going to pick up where I left off lol
I'm glad you're back!

Is Spence definitely fighting Porter next? What are your thoughts on that?

Thanks.

Danny started too slow unfortunately. He knows that. It was the exact opposite of what he worked on. Closed well. Canelo won the fight. No issues. He hurt his hand very early on. Old injury anyways. No excuses. Props to Canelo

I have a huge issue on the AJ fight because I know for a fact that he was knocked out during sparring. Hearn is handling this like shit. AJ is being a class act. I don't know if he had a concussion because I am not part of his team but I assume that he did. He didn't look right at all. I wouldn't have wanted an immediate rematch. Probably would have shut him down for the year and seen how he looked in the gym against much better sparring

All the usual honesty and valuable insights. You, sir, were sorely missed.

I’ll drink to that. Cheers, buddy.

Thanks my dude. I do think that this forum has some of the best boxing minds and you guys are the reason I came back.
Honestly if I pretended to have a great boxing mind that would be a blatant example of stolen valour. Which is why I mostly lurk and read what others have to say.

It is a great forum with many knowledgeable contributors.

Thanks.

yeah i don't understand why they're pushing for the rematch so quickly. joshua was knocked down 4 times in that fight and badly concussed. it's like no one in his camp realizes that coming back a few months later isn't a good idea, you need a long fucking time to completely recover from that.

these are veterans of the game, what the hell is wrong with them?

Thanks.

welcome back,

Does Danny's weight cut play a factor with not sticking to his game plan? From what I can tell, he has more physical and mental breaks in fights, than any other current top fighter I can recall. He also is probably the biggest weight cutter at the moment.

As for AJ, how far out from a fight do they usually stop the hard sparring in the pros?

They must want the immediate rematch to boost AJ's confidence, and to keep him fresh in the mind of the fans, and keep them confident in him and that is was a fluke.

Back