The only way to beat Khabib

DivineMind

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
You're not gonna do it with fundamentals, or 'fighting your fight' or anything along the lines of what you usually do.

You gotta be slick with it. You have to make him believe he's reading you, all the while luring him in. Even make it seem like you're trying to disguise your 'tell', all the while you're still fooling him.

Then when he tries to be slick and act on the read, BAM. You got one shot.

There are few strikes that can capitalize on this deceit. It's gotta be a knee, headkick, overhand right, or uppercut.

There are plenty of examples of simpler tricks, like setting up the high kick with leg/body kicks (Shevchenko vs Eye, Jones vs DC 2), but what I'm suggesting is going one step further. Make him believe he's making a read then make him pay for trying to capitalize on it.

Of course, I can't go into specifics because that would require looking at hours and hours of tape to find the optimal luring strategy.

I also don't think Tony has the power to pull this off, he's not a 1 punch / kick kinda guy.

You need to be kind of a cerebral fighter to pull this off, like Jones. But it would work.

I get you probably beat him in the ufc game on xbox but its different in real life.

Motivated Conor with no balloon foot obviously

High Level Fighting is a chess match. And setting traps is a thing. Khabib is pretty predictable in what he does. He’s just really damn good at doing it and shutting his opponents down. Tony is pretty slick though. I hope he can pull it off.

source.gif

You're not gonna do it with fundamentals, or 'fighting your fight' or anything along the lines of what you usually do.

You gotta be slick with it. You have to make him believe he's reading you, all the while luring him in. Even make it seem like you're trying to disguise your 'tell', all the while you're still fooling him.

Then when he tries to be slick and act on the read, BAM. You got one shot.

There are few strikes that can capitalize on this deceit. It's gotta be a knee, headkick, overhand right, or uppercut.

There are plenty of examples of simpler tricks, like setting up the high kick with leg/body kicks (Shevchenko vs Eye, Jones vs DC 2), but what I'm suggesting is going one step further. Make him believe he's making a read then make him pay for trying to capitalize on it.

Of course, I can't go into specifics because that would require looking at hours and hours of tape to find the optimal luring strategy.

I also don't think Tony has the power to pull this off, he's not a 1 punch / kick kinda guy.

You need to be kind of a cerebral fighter to pull this off, like Jones. But it would work.
Conor 2.0 will DESTROY HIM

Honestly I can see Tony taking a tremendous beating and not giving up and coming for more.

He might even catch Khabib with a random elbow that wobbles him and lock up a d'arce.

But he isn't known for being particularly strategic, he just gets in there and flows. That's not the kind of mentality that will win vs Khabib.

Honestly I can see Tony taking a tremendous beating and not giving up and coming for more.

He might even catch Khabib with a random elbow that wobbles him and lock up a d'arce.

But he isn't known for being particularly strategic, he just gets in there and flows. That's not the kind of mentality that will win vs Khabib.

giphy.gif

You've cracked the case! You've gotta hit him with a strike he doesn't see coming! ^_^

You've cracked the case! You've gotta hit him with a strike he doesn't see coming! ^_^

The key is that you have to isolate the particular trap that has a high probability of working and drill it, I'm willing to bet most fighters don't do that.

The key is that you have to isolate the particular trap that has a high probability of working and drill it, I'm willing to bet most fighters don't do that.
Analyzing a fighter, formulating a strategy, and doing drills to implement it? Never been done. Maybe in 100 years with space-age technology ... it might be possible.

Analyzing a fighter, formulating a strategy, and doing drills to implement it? Never been done. Maybe in 100 years with space-age technology ... it might be possible.

Drilling one or two specific traps ? And not offensive traps either, traps to lure in the other guy. You're lumping that in with pads, wrestling, sparring, conditioning, etc.

You realize that some fighters don't even watch tape, right? Let alone isolate one particular trap and drill it.

Back