The only way to beat Khabib

If Conor was a great wrestler he would have won. If Dustin could have choked Khabib out he would have won. I could go on...
...Okay? And you'd be correct on both examples. The point of this entire thread is about 'ways to beat Khabib' lol. I agree it's a trash thread though, if that's what you were trying to say.

Tibau is not a good striker. If he was, Khabib would have lost.
Even if he was he didnt throw many strikes anyway. He mostly resisted takedowns,and landed two of his own,which khabib immediatley got up and attacked him for.

Even if he was he didnt throw many strikes anyway. He mostly resisted takedowns,and landed two of his own,which khabib immediatley got up and attacked him for.
Well if he was a good striker, maybe he would have thrown more strikes instead of going for takedowns? It doesn't matter, it's all just speculation.

If Tony doesn't beat Khabib the only ones left who would have a realistic chance of beating him would be GSP and Gaethje. I don't know what TS is going on about with this 'set up a trap' bullshit lol.

Conner needs the rematch! The fans deserve to see him get Mayweather’d again.

Pffft just dip your gloves in pork grease before the fight. Works like garlic against a vampire.

Doubt it he was too focused on defense
Again, perhaps if he was a good striker, he would have been more focused on offense instead of defense. It's ALL hypothetical and doesn't matter.

Drilling one or two specific traps ? And not offensive traps either, traps to lure in the other guy. You're lumping that in with pads, wrestling, sparring, conditioning, etc.

You realize that some fighters don't even watch tape, right? Let alone isolate one particular trap and drill it.
Of course some fighters don't watch tape. But the concept of analyzing your opponent and developing a strategy is a normal part of fighting at an international level and has been around forever because it's just obvious.

Of course some fighters don't watch tape. But the concept of analyzing your opponent and developing a strategy is a normal part of fighting at an international level and has been around forever because it's just obvious.

I realize it's not revolutionary, but you're being way too general. Setting up a trap is not something that lots of fighters actually try to do.

They have a general strategy, sure, but often that strategy just boils down to really basic stuff.

Like Mazvidal, for example. He actually specifically trained that flying knee over and over until he perfected it, he even said so himself. That's the kind of thing I'm talking about, but I'm suggesting a defensive trap instead of an offensive misdirection / ploy. What Maz did isn't very common.

High Level Fighting is a chess match. And setting traps is a thing. Khabib is pretty predictable in what he does. He’s just really damn good at doing it and shutting his opponents down. Tony is pretty slick though. I hope he can pull it off.
Everyone knows how Magnus Carlsen plays chess.
World Champion 2013 – present

A well timed knee is the only thing that will get the job done.

You think Khabib is just gonna sit there and let anyone kill him TS?

You just got to go out there and knock him out.

Every fight starts standing and everyone can be knocked out.

Think Kongo vs Cain.

Kongo got wrestle fucked but he was close to the knockout a few times.

Fighting khabib is the same, except you got to hurt him bad of ko him

There's plenty of way to beat Khabib

It's just that no one has been good enough to do that yet.

Practiced trap for a known weakness eh...

About as much chance as I had posting a working Gif correctly first time? Hopefully his chances are better lol.

Attachments

• ko.gif
    ko.gif
    717.7 KB · Views: 3
Back