The only way to beat Khabib

Just elbow the shit out of the back of his head when he trying to get the take down. never seems to get called a fowl

You're not gonna do it with fundamentals, or 'fighting your fight' or anything along the lines of what you usually do.

You gotta be slick with it. You have to make him believe he's reading you, all the while luring him in. Even make it seem like you're trying to disguise your 'tell', all the while you're still fooling him.

Then when he tries to be slick and act on the read, BAM. You got one shot.

There are few strikes that can capitalize on this deceit. It's gotta be a knee, headkick, overhand right, or uppercut.

There are plenty of examples of simpler tricks, like setting up the high kick with leg/body kicks (Shevchenko vs Eye, Jones vs DC 2), but what I'm suggesting is going one step further. Make him believe he's making a read then make him pay for trying to capitalize on it.

Of course, I can't go into specifics because that would require looking at hours and hours of tape to find the optimal luring strategy.

I also don't think Tony has the power to pull this off, he's not a 1 punch / kick kinda guy.

You need to be kind of a cerebral fighter to pull this off, like Jones. But it would work.

Naw...you just dont have to be scared to fight off your back...

Guys like tony,nate and kron pose real problems for a guy like khabib..

Khabibs most effective when guys are scared to grapple and spend there time fussing and trying to get back to there feet...you beat khabib by out lasting him on the ground and by turning up the pressure as the fight goes on for a late stoppage or sub..

This is what i would prepare my fighters with when fighting him

Tibau lost all three rounds and it was the most boring fight ever. Nobody wants to see that again.
Tibau won 2 rounds at the very least. Also Khabib had nothing for him so it goes both ways.

Stop his takedowns and he's useless

Tibau won 2 rounds at the very least. Also Khabib had nothing for him so it goes both ways.

Tibau lost all 3 rounds on all 3 judges score cards so you opinion is irrelevant . Stopping TD’s is obviously the way to beat him but the inactivity of Tibau scored no points as defense doesn’t score as much as aggression.
If you want to see a bad decision watch Castillo vs Tony. Gil rode Tony like a Pony for 12 minutes in top control and should have won. If Castillo man handled Tony then Khabib will kill him.
Gaejhe May have the TDD you refer too and the offense to get it done. I think it is Beebs toughest challenge.

But that isnt true. His striking is alot better than it was then. Nowadays khabib would have annihlated Tibau back then.

Its only gonna get harder and harder to beat him cos he gets better w each fight

Naw...you just dont have to be scared to fight off your back...

Guys like tony,nate and kron pose real problems for a guy like khabib..

Khabibs most effective when guys are scared to grapple and spend there time fussing and trying to get back to there feet...you beat khabib by out lasting him on the ground and by turning up the pressure as the fight goes on for a late stoppage or sub..

This is what i would prepare my fighters with when fighting him
Nate didnt cause no problems for Rory or Clay guida throwing him around like a rag doll,so not sure if you had a point there.

Nate didnt cause no problems for Rory or Clay guida throwing him around like a rag doll,so not sure if you had a point there.

Yeah cuz thats an accurate portrayal of todays nate...fights from how many years ago?

You're not gonna do it with fundamentals, or 'fighting your fight' or anything along the lines of what you usually do.

You gotta be slick with it. You have to make him believe he's reading you, all the while luring him in. Even make it seem like you're trying to disguise your 'tell', all the while you're still fooling him.

Then when he tries to be slick and act on the read, BAM. You got one shot.

There are few strikes that can capitalize on this deceit. It's gotta be a knee, headkick, overhand right, or uppercut.

There are plenty of examples of simpler tricks, like setting up the high kick with leg/body kicks (Shevchenko vs Eye, Jones vs DC 2), but what I'm suggesting is going one step further. Make him believe he's making a read then make him pay for trying to capitalize on it.

Of course, I can't go into specifics because that would require looking at hours and hours of tape to find the optimal luring strategy.

I also don't think Tony has the power to pull this off, he's not a 1 punch / kick kinda guy.

You need to be kind of a cerebral fighter to pull this off, like Jones. But it would work.
if u arnt a professional fighter and u dont train at a high level explain to us how you think you of all people can tell us how to beat him lol

Is there a Jon Jones at LW? That’s how to beat him.
jon jones at light weight gets wrassle fucked because what he does at 205 works vs un athletic guys lol

170s jon jones was neil magney and he got dominated

if u arnt a professional fighter and u dont train at a high level explain to us how you think you of all people can tell us how to beat him lol

You of all people should know I know. I've played Tekken, Soul Calibur, Street Fighter, and Mortal Kombat. I have a lifetime's worth of training. Khabib is a mix between Zangief and Blanka - you can only beat someone like that with feints and traps.

Oh word? His tdd increased exponentially??

He hasnt been taken down all that much in a while..

Last time i checked nobodies been doing much grappling with him at all...so who knows

The key is that you have to isolate the particular trap that has a high probability of working and drill it, I'm willing to bet most fighters don't do that.

A lot of fighters have decent traps, even some of the lighter guys.

You of all people should know I know. I've played Tekken, Soul Calibur, Street Fighter, and Mortal Kombat. I have a lifetime's worth of training. Khabib is a mix between Zangief and Blanka - you can only beat someone like that with feints and traps.
mortal kombat is scrub like tho that broken game would be cancer to you

Back