The only man with top 5 wins in 3 weight classes!

quote-when-you-use-the-steroids-you-use-them-for-a-long-time-when-you-use-the-steroids-for-anderson-silva-106-85-31.jpg

And Forrest being top 5 win lmfao.

Forrest was one fight removed from being the LHW champ you freaking casual lol.

giphy.gif

• Hayato Sakurai - WW
  • Multiple - MW
  • Forest Griffin - LHW

Is-there-no-one-else-GIF.gif

PS: Hendo doesn't have top 5 wins in 3 divisions. He, Frankie, and Vitor are the only ones who come close, but nobody else does. Silva actually has top 3 wins in 3 weight classes. Silva Bless.
The man is magic. Still my favourite ever. Nothing compares to watching him in his prime.

You'll notice every single blurb says he's retired. I don't see much point in ranking a guy who is retired for the year's grace period, just as I wouldn't rank a guy if he got hit by a bus and died. You're also taking rankings as bible. I'd say give a grace of top 6 or something since the last few spots are always going to be debatable.

You'll notice every single blurb says he's retired. I don't see much point in ranking a guy who is retired for the year's grace period, just as I wouldn't rank a guy if he got hit by a bus and died. You're also taking rankings as bible. I'd say give a grace of top 6 or something since the last few spots are always going to be debatable.

That's literally the point of saying or counting "top 5". It's the top half of the ranked fighters in the division. This usually circumvents flash-in-the-pan fringe guys who get favorable rankings, or guys like Paulo Thiago who are "ranked" for a few months, and more often than not represents the elite of the elite.

You're wanting to count the #6 guy as #5 because the #1 guy "retired" to try and make more money. Even if we counted him as top 5, it would be by default, without him earning it, and defeats the whole purpose. It's a good thing we have actual rankings to dispute this mindset, and can eliminate Frankie Edgar from having top 5 wins in 3 weight classes. He has top 10 wins in 3 classes, still a fine accomplishment, it's just not Spider GOAT level. Which is part of the reason he's the damn GOAT - he's done it better than anyone else. Is normal.

No objective fan thought he was top 5 lol.

His greatest asset was that people underestimated him
I wouldnt rank him ever in the top 5, but that doesn't change the fact that he was the champion and after he lost his belt he would have dropped to number 1 ranking. It was like when bisping was champ. Nobody really thought he was the best but he did have that C next to his name

This usually circumvents flash-in-the-pan fringe guys who get favorable rankings, or guys like Paulo Thiago who are "ranked" for a few months, and more often than not represents the elite of the elite.
Yeah, hence Munhoz's resume is pretty damn elite by standards over an actually good division like BW. Unless you're going to argue that Forrest Griffin, who I love, is a better win than Munhoz. Which would be laughable given how garbage LHW is compared to good divisions. This kind of shit is why numbers are meaningless twithought context.

I wouldnt rank him ever in the top 5, but that doesn't change the fact that he was the champion and after he lost his belt he would have dropped to number 1 ranking. It was like when bisping was champ. Nobody really thought he was the best but he did have that C next to his name

He beat #1 LHW and #2 p4p Shogun, then beat #1 LHW and #2 p4p Rampage and became #1 LHW and #8 p4p. Lost to #3 Rashad and dropped to #4 LHW. Dropping from #1 to #4 after losing his title, and being ranked below Rampage (who he beat for the title) was pretty unusual. If you beat the #1 guys twice in a row, how the fuck aren't you #1? He should've been #1 after beating Shogun, but had to prove himself again, and he did. He was #4 when Silva beat him. That's fact.

Yeah, hence Munhoz's resume is pretty damn elite by standards over an actually good division like BW. Unless you're going to argue that Forrest Griffin, who I love, is a better win than Munhoz. Which would be laughable given how garbage LHW is compared to good divisions. This kind of shit is why numbers are meaningless twithought context.

Did Munhoz beat the #1 guy? Did he do it twice? Were those guys also #2 p4p? Was he a champion?

So? Anderson smoked him.
No offense meant to Anderson but Hendo was at his best at 205 they fought at Anderson's best weight class, Hendo gassed big time at 185 by that point and that's what happened against Anderson. Hendo won the first round easily then gassed. At 205 Hendo would have likely won.

Did Munhoz beat the #1 guy? Did he do it twice? Were those guys also #2 p4p? Was he a champion?
To put it bluntly, Munhoz is a better fighter than Griffin could ever have dreamed of being. Better athlete, better skills, much mentally tougher. The sport has grown a lot, especially given how poor LHW is.

Also Munhoz was coming off deading Cody Garbrandt, which again, far better win than Griffin.

All ranked fighters are not created equal, especially if we're comparing divisions almost a decade apart.

No offense meant to Anderson but Hendo was at his best at 205 they fought at Anderson's best weight class, Hendo gassed big time at 185 by that point and that's what happened against Anderson. Hendo won the first round easily then gassed. At 205 Hendo would have likely won.

Henderson was not gassed in that second round. I agree with 203/205 being his best weight class. His fight with Rampage was stellar and is underrated, but Henderson positionally dominated that first round against Anderson. Then he failed on a takedown in the second and got hurt and finished.

Anderson was kyptonite to Team Quest.

To put it bluntly, Munhoz is a better fighter than Griffin could ever have dreamed of being. Better athlete, better skills, much mentally tougher. The sport has grown a lot, especially given how poor LHW is.

Also Munhoz was coming off deading Cody Garbrandt, which again, far better win than Griffin.

All ranked fighters are not created equal, especially if we're comparing divisions almost a decade apart.

Outclassing and finishing the much bigger Griffin one fight removed from being champ is a much better win than decisioning fringe top5 Munhoz. There is no way around it and the "sport has grown a lot" doesnt tell much, if we go that route we can discredit everybody from a decage ago.

Henderson was not gassed in that second round. I agree with 203/205 being his best weight class. His fight with Rampage was stellar and is underrated, but Henderson positionally dominated that first round against Anderson. Then he failed on a takedown in the second and got hurt and finished.

Anderson was dynamite to Team Quest.
I could be wrong because I'm working off memory from like 15 years ago. But from what I remember Hendo was looking slower.

Outclassing and finishing the much bigger Griffin one fight removed from being champ is a much better win than decisioning fringe top5 Munhoz. There is no way around it and the "sport has grown a lot" doesnt tell much, if we go that route we can discredit everybody from a decage ago.
There are plenty of wins from a decade or even 15 years ago I think are legit. But come on.

What does Griffin do better than Munhoz? I can't think of many things, if any. You can't seriously think the quality of LHW, even in its glory days, is remotely comparable to modern BW.

You didn't answer the questions, how come? Oh, I know! Because the answer to all questions is "no". If you think that beating Cody Garbrandt is somehow better than beating Shogun and Rampage back to back when both guys were #1 LHW and #2 p4p, then that speaks for itself.

Bottom line, buddy, is that Forest was #4, and Munhoz was #6. That's all. Frankie doesn't make the cut, but he comes closer than anyone else that we're aware of.

There are plenty of wins from a decade or even 15 years ago I think are legit. But come on.

What does Griffin do better than Munhoz? I can't think of many things, if any. You can't seriously think the quality of LHW, even in its glory days, is remotely comparable to modern BW.

Dude, we can even present current top HWs and LHWs as scrubs compared with the skills and movement of a BW in Munhoz. Let alone compare current top BW boxers with Joe Louis or the guys Louis beat following your simpleton logic its just such a retarded argument lol

Anderson was kyptonite to Team Quest.

Hendo came in under 205 for most of his LHW bouts. Usually 198 or so. Hendo is a Franklinweighter imo.

I could be wrong because I'm working off memory from like 15 years ago. But from what I remember Hendo was looking slower.

I have seen that fight in the last year. Henderson looked the same anyone would after a round, in my opinion. He tried that takedown, it got stuffed, he got into an exchange, hit Anderson who ate it, and then Anderson lit him up. Henderson got finished. Anderson was that damn good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back