The only man with top 5 wins in 3 weight classes!

No he was factually ranked as top 4, it's your opinion he should have been higher. Just like it's factual that munoz was ranked 6, but its opinion it's a far more impressive win than forest
The Griffin win was more impressive because he got washed.

Frankie barely beat Munhoz. IMO He should've lost. Most of the media who scored the fight had him losing too.

The Griffin win was more impressive because he got washed.

Frankie barely beat Munhoz. IMO He should've lost. Most of the media who scored the fight had him losing too.

Munhoz is an exponentially better fighter than forrest.

Munhoz is an exponentially better fighter than forrest.

Yet, he's never achieved top 5 in his weight class, has less accomplishments, and has never won a major title. That aside, the man is saying that most people don't even think Frankie won the fight. No matter who has what opinion on who was a better fighter or a better win, the facts remain. Munhoz was #6, and you can't just magically make that count as a top 5 win. You think Pedro is a better fighter than Forrest. Ok, we get it. Was he top 5 though?

Yet, he's never achieved top 5 in his weight class, has less accomplishments, and has never won a major title. That aside, the man is saying that most people don't even think Frankie won the fight. No matter who has what opinion on who was a better fighter or a better win, the facts remain. Munhoz was #6, and you can't just magically make that count as a top 5 win. You think Pedro is a better fighter than Forest. Ok, we get it. Was he top 5 though?

I acknowledged he wasnt top 5 when you pointed it out. You're factually correct. But he is still exponentially better than forest. I would wager that is the prevailing opinion

I acknowledged he wasnt top 5 when you pointed it out. You're factually correct. But he is still exponentially better than forest. I would wager that is the prevailing opinion

So what are you trying to say? Forrest shouldn't count, but Munhoz should? Frankie is the only man with top 5 wins in 3 weight classes? What are you actually trying to achieve by stating your opinion over and over, yet still acknowledging that I am correct? I'm confused on what your goal is here, bro.

So what are you trying to say? Forrest shouldn't count, but Munhoz should? Frankie is the only man with top 5 wins in 3 weight classes? What are you actually trying to achieve by stating your opinion over and over, yet still acknowledging that I am correct? I'm confused on what your goal is here, bro.

You just said it, Anderson factually only has wins over top 5 guys in 3 different divisions but Frankie is extremely close and Munhoz is far more impressive of a win than forrest

Yet, he's never achieved top 5 in his weight class, has less accomplishments, and has never won a major title. That aside, the man is saying that most people don't even think Frankie won the fight. No matter who has what opinion on who was a better fighter or a better win, the facts remain. Munhoz was #6, and you can't just magically make that count as a top 5 win. You think Pedro is a better fighter than Forrest. Ok, we get it. Was he top 5 though?
Again...why would I rank a retired fighter who has given up his belts? So yeah, I'm fine with calling Munhoz 5th at that time. Not to mention you arbitrarily picked one ranking and apparently think it's the only one around.

You just said it, Anderson factually only has wins over top 5 guys in 3 different divisions but Frankie is extremely close and Munhoz is far more impressive of a win than forrest

Forrest has some pretty notable wins: Shogun, Rampage, Tito x2, and Rich Franklin. He's achieved more than Munhoz, and was one fight removed from being champion. I don't see any case for Munhoz being a more impressive or higher quality win.

Again...why would I rank a retired fighter who has given up his belts? So yeah, I'm fine with calling Munhoz 5th at that time. Not to mention you arbitrarily picked one ranking and apparently think it's the only one around.

I think what is the only what around? I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to insinuate here, or why you won't just accept facts and reality. Munhoz was #6, dude.

Munhoz was #6: Sherdog’s Official Mixed Martial Arts Rankings - Bantamweight

He dropped to #7 after the loss, and Frankie took #6: Sherdog’s Official Mixed Martial Arts Rankings - Bantamweight

Frankie does not have top 5 wins in 3 weight classes. Anderson Silva reigns supreme!

tenor.gif

I got the Munhoz being #5 from an article posted here:

https://www.cbssports.com/mma/news/...a-insider-shares-surprising-fight-card-picks/

"Munhoz, the fifth-ranked bantamweight, is determined to prove otherwise."

I guess it depends on which site's ranking you go with.

Forrest has some pretty notable wins: Shogun, Rampage, Tito x2, and Rich Franklin. He's achieved more than Munhoz, and was one fight removed from being champion. I don't see any case for Munhoz being a more impressive or higher quality win.

I think what is the only what around? I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to insinuate here, or why you won't just accept facts and reality. Munhoz was #6, dude.

LhW was/is a significantly low quality division for year and especially during forrest run. Rich was way past prime, shogun 1 was extremely out of shape, rampage fight was extremely close and tito was significantly past prime. He was also on sedititives before the Anderson fight.

BW is far more competitive division than forrest era lhw, you may not agree but I would wager that is the prevailing concensus

LhW was/is a significantly low quality division for year and especially during forrest run. Rich was way past prime, shogun 1 was extremely out of shape, rampage fight was extremely close and tito was significantly past prime. He was also on sedititives before the Anderson fight.

BW is far more competitive division than forrest era lhw, you may not agree but I would wager that is the prevailing concensus

What has Munhoz done to warrant him being a "better" win? What has he accomplished? I see him falling quite short. I also see you trying to downplay what Forrest did.

yeah it's like beating Matt Serra

Imaging being able to say you beat number 1 WW just cuz Matt Serra happend to be a champ prior.

lmfao

I'm sure you think it was dick pills too

Hilarious. You are obviously a desperate GSP fanboy. Your hero tapped to strikes from a middle level fighter. Forest fought more UFC Top 5 fights with a better record and no fluke wins. He was LHW and Silva was MW while your hero got toasted in his prime by someone in his own weight class.

Would have been GOAT if not for the PEDS and the late - career skid

Fedor wasn't top5 when Hendo beat him.

Fedor was the uncrowned champ when Werdum beat him, unanimously ranked #1. That would drop him to #1 contender and rank after that loss in today's UFC..then one more loss to top 5 bigfoot. He'd stay in the top 5 at either #3 or #4. Then he fought Henderson. He absolutely was top 5

But if yur division is such dogshit that everyone rank 2+ is a jobber, then it doesn’t mean much.

megan Anderson was top 10 at women’s featherweight.. does that mean it was a top win for Amanda?

His resume is slightly worse or about even with Griffin's right now. The wins over Rivera and Garbrandt are better than Rampage or any a diminished Shogun.

Munhoz, if you have any eye for the sport, is a vastly superior fighter in nearly every way in terms of their division. He's significantly more durable, hits harder, a better striker, a better wrestler, a vastly better grappler, etc etc. Munhoz's worst flaw is he is foot slow, and he is still faster for his division than Griffin ever was. The only thing Griffin does better to be blunt is being larger for his division and if you want to get super esoteric, turning in underdog performances against the odds.

Forrest is a pioneer. He is not a great fighter in the grand scheme, or even a consistently good one. He has solid wins in flashes and an amazing story. Don't let the latter color your vision here.

Back