the "old, married guys" joint training and keep ourselves accountable log

Tonight I rode the exercise bike fairly briskly for 40 minutes, 11.5 miles. Then I shoveled snow for an hour and drank 2 beers. I consider that a wash.

Yesterday I went to BJJ for the first time in two weeks. It's crazy; a lot of people talk about their timing and stamina being worse after a break but I'm always stronger. A new guy, a brown belt from Florida, started training with us and I basically let him have it. I felt pretty bad for him. I didn't come out of it unscathed, though. Somehow I sprained my left hip (worse than it was) so I'm not sparring tomorrow, but will do some technique and drilling.

Last night I lifted chest and back and did two 10 minute rounds on the heavy bag. I'm planning on running tonight if I don't get out of work too late.

Ran 3.5 miles* and pushed it a little harder. I've got a 5 day streak going. Feeling good but sore.

*grade 1 incline 6.7 speed.

In BJJ we worked chaining a foot sweep with tai otoshi.

Did 4, six minute rounds in sparring. It was mostly guys way better than me and then guys way worse than me so I didn't get a whole lot out of it.

Elliptical, 30 minutes @ L12. 2.53 miles covered. Didn't wear the HRM today.

Yesterday I ran 3.5 on the treadmill, 1 incline 6.8 speed. Lifting and working the heavy bag today.

Elliptical, 45 minutes @ L12. 3.88 miles covered, 155 avg HR, 784 calories burned.
Tomorrow I have to get back to lifting.

Strength training:
Squat 225 x 3 x 5
Bench 165 x 3 x 5
Row 155 x 3 x 5
DB curls 25 x 3 x 10

Conditioning:
Elliptical 45 minutes @ L12. Average HR 157, 807 calories.

Merry New Year!

Conditioning:
Elliptical, 45 minutes @ L12. Avg HR 148, 3.68 miles, 727 calories.

Been working out pretty consistently but haven't posted much.
Yesterday I ran 3.5 miles.
Today I hit it pretty hard
Strength training: shoulders, bis and tris.
Heavy bag: 10 minute round, two 5 minute rounds
Exercise bike: 30 minutes pretty moderate. More of a cool down really.

I haven't drank since New Year's Eve and I'm gonna try to go all of January. Should help with the weight loss.

lifted the last 3 days. worked shoulders and legs this am. bis, tris and back yesterday

I ran a 5k yesterday. Treadmill set at 2 incline, roughly 7mph with some variance. Working on cutting my time to 25:00. Ran it in 26:41 so I have some work to do.

Today I lifted chest and back. Decline bench, dumbbell flat and incline.
Wide grip pull downs, seated row, dead lifts.

Then in hit the heavy bag for three 7-minute rounds. I got a good sweat worked up and felt pretty good.

Conditioning:
Elliptical, 60 mins @ L12. Avg HR 138, 4.76 miles, 828 calories.

Conditioning:
Elliptical, 45 mins @ L12. Avg HR 154, 3.76 miles, 775 calories.

Conditioning (yesterday):
Elliptical, 45 mins @ L12. Avg HR 146, 717 calories.

Trying to lose weight before I start weight training. Doing good so far

Been on a soup only diet for days. I got down to 198 lbs. I have been running on the treadmill too.

Squats, lunges and 45 on the rower this am

Back