the "old, married guys" joint training and keep ourselves accountable log

equus

Horse Belt
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
so the guys from the "eat drink and be married" threads have decided to make a joint thread to list any and all activities we may do on a daily basis to keep ourselves accountable and just generally try to show some type of daily fitness. a joint fitness log. so if youve posted in those threads or enjoy them and want to partake because you dont have your own training thread, feel free to join.

heres the link to that thread

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f48/ye-old-eat-drink-married-thread-vol-2-all-family-edition-2094457/

and heres the current 3rd volume we're in.......

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f48/y...vol-3-mmaarried-someday-kids-edition-2110659/

dont feel the need to get super descriptive with every set and rep you do if you dont want to. you can if youd like. also feel free to add any motivation you would like.

have at it boys...(and girls)

the old motivation staples in most training logs...

Last edited:
i did a great chest workout and a half hour on the treadmill this am. not ridiculous but a good start to my day.

You'll have to excuse my ignorance but where is the eat drink and be married thread? As a married guy this intrigues me!

Anyway, welcome to the log. Any goals in mind???

You'll have to excuse my ignorance but where is the eat drink and be married thread? As a married guy this intrigues me!

Anyway, welcome to the log. Any goals in mind???

just to keep on my fitness streak. i just try to stick with some sort of physical activity daily. i train bjj, and weight train. ill post the married thread link in the op.

im 233 and trying to lean out to about 210 as well. i was 259 at the end of december

Ok, here goes confession time:
I'm 5'5" 167 lbs. of pale white blob. 140 has always been my ideal weight.

I just did 25 sit ups and 10 push ups and it kicked my ass.
Getting old sucks.

I want to get back in shape so my goal is: 50 pushups and 100 sit ups and back down to 140 lbs.

I just did 24 sit ups and 10 push ups and it kicked my ass.
Getting old sucks.

I want to get back in shape so my goal is: 50 pushups and 100 sit ups and back down to 140 lbs.

YOURE A BUM ROCK!!

dude, thats a start. good deal.

I had been running the same 6 mile loop for the past 2 weeks. Last night I needed to go drop off rent, and my landlords house would only add 2 miles to my run so I changed my route. I was in a hurry and didn't stretch very well, and wound up hurting my groin around mile 5. Walked the rest of the way home limping. Everything feels fine today, so I'll do some more diligent stretching and give it another go.

I also need to do my burpees... fuck

I just did 25 sit ups and 10 push ups and it kicked my ass.
Getting old sucks.

Similar boat my friend. I'm like 6'4" 190 and I've always been rail thin. I used to fluctuate between 160-175. I also had a thyroid condition a few years back that took me down to 148(!) at one point. Well, thyroid condition fixed, I'm gaining weight like most people do when they get into their 30's. Six months of sitting on my ass playing video games has given me a bit of a gut at 195.

Last night, I walked/ran to the end of my street and back, a little more than a mile total. I included 5 burpees at the beginning, middle, and end. I feel great and the only reason I didn't run more was because my lungs couldn't take it anymore.

My goal is to increase my cardio, lose 5-12 pounds of fat, and just start feeling better in general.

Side note: I had a problem with asthma-like symptoms afterwards. I don't have asthma and the only time I've ever felt like this is when I was a kid running around playing in cold weather. I've been reading about exercise induced asthma and I'm assuming that's what it is. I guess I should see my doctor. I didn't feel anything worse than wheezing and slight tightness in my chest.

Similar boat my friend. I'm like 6'4" 190 and I've always been rail thin. I used to fluctuate between 160-175. I also had a thyroid condition a few years back that took me down to 148(!) at one point. Well, thyroid condition fixed, I'm gaining weight like most people do when they get into their 30's. Six months of sitting on my ass playing video games has given me a bit of a gut at 195.

Last night, I walked/ran to the end of my street and back, a little more than a mile total. I included 5 burpees at the beginning, middle, and end. I feel great and the only reason I didn't run more was because my lungs couldn't take it anymore.

My goal is to increase my cardio, lose 5-12 pounds of fat, and just start feeling better in general.

Side note: I had a problem with asthma-like symptoms afterwards. I don't have asthma and the only time I've ever felt like this is when I was a kid running around playing in cold weather. I've been reading about exercise induced asthma and I'm assuming that's what it is. I guess I should see my doctor. I didn't feel anything worse than wheezing and slight tightness in my chest.

oh shit.... and the throat burn thing? i get that periodically when i exhaust myself. feels like youre gonna puke and like a sore throat from hell all at once?

oh shit.... and the throat burn thing? i get that periodically when i exhaust myself. feels like youre gonna puke and like a sore throat from hell all at once?

No, this was like my chest was being constricted and I was wheezing. It went away after a while but it did sort of prevent me from running more than walking.

At no point did I feel like I was going to puke. I even ate a giant fried chicken dinner about 45 minutes before.

Maybe it'll go away once I build up my cardio. I have terrible cardio. I get an accelerated pulse walking up a flight of stairs.

alright, here's my workout (mondays, wednesdays and fridays)

push ups -15-20 reps
curls (hammer 15-20reps)
triceps skullcrushers and kickbacks (with a 45lb plate, 25reps)
shoulder raises (both for middle and rear shoulders 20 reps)

All of that is one "set", then i rest 2 minutes and complete 3 more (resting 2 minutes in between).

do this for about 4 weeks and either add reps or add exercises, fuck it add both it's good for you

i don't do that much cardio, but i will start sprinting soon (to lose bodyfat and to get a bit more ripped for the summer)

It's been a few yrs that i stopped training mma (it was mostly BJJ and MT) since the guy i was training with stopped teaching.

Daily wise: i pull wire, go up ladders, lay pipe (har har) all kinds of electrical work, so it helps in burning extra calories.

Last edited:
No, this was like my chest was being constricted and I was wheezing. It went away after a while but it did sort of prevent me from running more than walking.

At no point did I feel like I was going to puke. I even ate a giant fried chicken dinner about 45 minutes before.

Maybe it'll go away once I build up my cardio. I have terrible cardio. I get an accelerated pulse walking up a flight of stairs.

ahhh i gotcha. fuck the fried chicken dinner killed me....

ahhh i gotcha. fuck the fried chicken dinner killed me....

Delicious Hardee's fried chicken with mashed potatoes and green beans. Two biscuits too. I have a huge weakness for it. It would be my last meal on death row.

I plan on buying a door frame pull up bar also. Any suggestions?

I plan to set a schedule like this:
M,W,F(and maybe some weekends barring soreness or injury)---Run with burpees at the start, middle, and end

T,T----Reps on a pull up bar of chin ups, pull ups, and hammer(I think that's the right term) pulls.

Delicious Hardee's fried chicken with mashed potatoes and green beans. Two biscuits too. I have a huge weakness for it. It would be my last meal on death row.

I plan on buying a door frame pull up bar also. Any suggestions?

I plan to set a schedule like this:
M,W,F(and maybe some weekends barring soreness or injury)---Run with burpees at the start, middle, and end

T,T----Reps on a pull up bar of chin ups, pull ups, and hammer(I think that's the right term) pulls.

Don't know how much you weigh, but i suggest you get one like this: (maximum weight 300lbs)

https://extranet.securefreedom.com/...06&Cat=Equipment and Gear|Chin up and Push up

I'd like to know how many of the regulars of the S&C are shaking their heads right now...

This is a great thread guys! Anyone here looking for strength? Or are most just looking to stay active? Anyone have specific goals?

I'd like to know how many of the regulars of the S&C are shaking their heads right now...

This is a great thread guys! Anyone here looking for strength? Or are most just looking to stay active? Anyone have specific goals?

lol. im familiar. im sure alot of the regulars are just appalled at this thread. alot of us are just simply so busy with the day to day that sometimes other things suffer. ive been active for years and i do strength training. i think alot of the other guys in here just want a good natured "push each other forward" type thread thats at their own pace. me, i do plenty of weights in the am and bjj in the night.

I'm sure but I'm not trying to become some sort of fitness guru. I'm just trying to not turn into this.

40881_112533.jpg

Not trying to be an Adonis. I just want to feel good and look better. Since I'll see this thread every day, it'll hold me to actually sticking with my plan.

My goals are:

slight weight loss/body toning or shaping (probably the wrong term but you get the idea)
better cardio (it's terrible now and bad cardio translates into terrible surf sessions)
feeling better mentally and physically (I'm a little down on myself for letting myself get doughy and unappealing)

Adding one more goal: Be in decent enough shape to run in a 5k or similar race with my friend when he gets back from deployment. He's sort of my inspiration for trying to become more fit. He kicked himself in the ass in the last 6 months and lost over 35lbs before he went out in March.

Last edited:
I've always been in good shape since I was in high school but the last 5 years has really been down hill as far as fitness. 42 years old, three kids and I was working a job that kept me somewhat busy but not enough excercise. Now I'm between jobs and want to get back into shape.
I'm not expecting to get back into 22 year old shape but I'd like to be able to run a 5k with my 8 year old and not have to stop and lay down.

Good call.
I like this idea. I am trying to get something started where I live. Just a group of 30 something's looking to stay active.

I send out a general invite for hill sprints every Monday and Wednesday. I get a few once in a while. Most of us Hockey and Baseball dads need a little encouragement...

Back