The Official Reasons Why People Don't Like Tyron Woodley

He was injured ya goof and he was promised the title shot after JH ducked him. He waited about the same amount of time Carlos did for the GSP title shot.
Ehhh are you dumb ?
First of all Condit waited 9 months and was on a 5 fight win streak, woodley was on a 2 win streak and waited 1 year and 6 months... math isn't your strength.

I only dislike bullshit, really. the only thing I dislike about woodley is him calling out Nick Diaz now. sitting out for a title shot was an option given to him. as a fan of wonderboy's fighting style and skills, I want wonderboy to get his well deserved title shot.

I don't dislike woodley but his thoughts on wonderboy are way off. He totally deserves the title fight and woodley knows it. Sounds like he's ducking wonderboy to me.

lol shut up freaking edgy blowhard teenagers pretending they know shit

tyrone is a hypocrite and a coward, his insane ducking is inexcusable. fans care about the sport not tyrone and he is spitting in the face of the sport. no one is against him making more money, they are against him raping the sport in order to do so

conor, ronda, brock they didnt beg for money fights, they created money fights and became money fights themselves

Include Bisping and we can be friends, cuz bisping is a bitch for choosing henderson. I dont give a shit if he defeated you. Henderson is NOT first in line for the title shot. Thats bullshit.

GSP is a HUGE money fight. Period. Hes even said so. The Nick Diaz fight..i dont get that at all.
He wants to make money and GSP is the way. Wonderboy is not. HOWEVER, he should beat wonderboy to shut up the bitches on here then get the GSP fight IMO.

So you're saying people assume black athletes have bad cardio? and Conor McGregor is paid more because he's white?

Conor talked his way then KOd Aldo and now people think hes god even tho Conor hasnt defended his title in almost a year.
I hope the new owners change that shit, cuz dana and zuffa are some assclowns for allowing that to happen.

Dana White and the UFC fostered this enviroment. Make all the excuses you want. Some of you never wanted Woodley as champ in the first place. You were denied your opportunity to humiliate him in a loss, so you're going to come after him any way you can now. MMA fans are the most petulant and backstabbing in all of sports. I would not give a rat's ass what they thought when it came to my career and business decisions. Tyron is his own man, and his agency is what really seems to be fucking with some of your heads. We are not going to agree, and that is fine.

OUCH!!

Watching him try and leech money from big PPV stars is actually a bit amusing. Only reason he wants a quick turn around to fight on 202 is so he can get a piece of Conor's success.

Fuck conors success..That shits already tainted now that he lost to nate.
Hes going to try and fight GSP. MUCH bigger fight that conors flash in the pan trash talk bullshit.
GSP is a legend.

Another thought is, the UFC ALLOWED ALL of this to happen.
Conor, jumping weights, holding up the belt, bisping...its all bullshit.
The matchmaker should make the fights and that be the end of it.

Now the GSP fight, that would be my ONLY exception cuz its GSP, people and his reputation absolutely precedes him.

Hes absolutely a stand up guy for that, how many guys have done that or would do that, just can't stand this shit ducking wonderboy, and who knows maybe he isn't "ducking" him but it looks real fucked up when a guy has KO'd a former champ and destroyed a guy that has a win over the current champ and you say he doesn't deserve it and hasn't done enough what the hell do you call it
Don't get me wrong, I agree with all items in TS's list.
I just like to look at everything, not only the bad.

And while I do think he is trying just to pick what's best for him (and that is obviously not what the fans want).
I mean, most of the people who get so outraged, if they were in his position, would do exactly the same (given the opportunity). Very few would ask for the hardest match right off the bat.

I just don't like the hate-train people jump so fast on.
They are people like us, trying to do the best for their careers. Some more then others.
But then again - like you said - how many would return Kevin's money? Not many either...

Last edited:
Ehhh are you dumb ?
First of all Condit waited 9 months and was on a 5 fight win streak, woodley was on a 2 win streak and waited 1 year and 6 months... math isn't your strength.

The only thing that correlates with my post is the time that both Woodley and Condit had to wait in order to fight the champ (which is right around 9mo for both). For some reason within your year and a half time frame you forgot to figure in that Tyron was recovering from a broken foot after the Gastelum fight and that he was scheduled to fight Hendricks last Oct.

He only received his promise for the title shot after Johny bailed out of their fight. So how do you get a year and a half from the time he was promised his shot to the time he fought Lawler? Don't worry I'll wait.

And I'm the one whose dumb? Only on Sherdog can you fail so hard and think you accomplished something.

DidntReadLolYellowShirt.gif~c200

It's the same hate Rashad got for no reason, Jones got for no reason, Anderson got for no reason, Cormier gets for no reason etc.etc.. Majority of white mma fans just plain old can't stomach a black champion period, Woodley is no exception.

meh, he's got the belt. so he's doing something right

DidntReadLolYellowShirt.gif~c200

It's the same hate Rashad got for no reason, Jones got for no reason, Anderson got for no reason, Cormier gets for no reason etc.etc.. Majority of white mma fans just plain old can't stomach a black champion period, Woodley is no exception.
Sorry, but you gotta be the biggest racist in here, throwing the race card everywhere you can.
You post a "didn't read" meme, but put such asinine comment about this.
Anderson Silva was always adored. His only detractors are (obviously) GSP and Fedor fans, who competed for the GOAT spot.
Beyond that, there were MANY black MMA fighters who were always loved.
Heck, even Jones was loved until he was exposed... but another black men in DC. And even worse, no matter how many controversial things Jon gets himself into, the MMA crowd was applauding him on his return.

Besides, there are many reasons why other fighters are "hated".
And not everything surrounds around race... (only in your racist mind).

I don't like him because he's always complaining.

Boohoo racism etc. the guy got tuned up by McDonald and I never though he deserved the title shot to begin with.

And yet, even though he's been clearly favoured and given opportunities other fighters should have got, he pretends he's the victim.

To make matters worse he then comes out as if he's run through the division talking as if he deserves some big money fights, ducking any real contenders. Bitch move.

He's not Jon Jones, Connor McGregor, GSP. He's not worth shit and he needs to shut up and prove he's the best and stop with this bullshit.

Just get it over with. Everyone hates Woodley because he's black. If you disagree, you are part of the problem. Amirite?

You could make lists like this for just about any fighter, and the fan favorites would have all their bullshit explained away post by post. None of this shit is an explanation for a fighter receiving the type of nastiness Tyron is getting. I'm not buying it.
Seek and ye shall find, special child.

I only dislike bullshit, really. the only thing I dislike about woodley is him calling out Nick Diaz now. sitting out for a title shot was an option given to him. as a fan of wonderboy's fighting style and skills, I want wonderboy to get his well deserved title shot.

I don't have anything against this guy till now. After this thread I think it changed.

<24>

Not all fathers love their families. Literally
Apparently it's a huge thing when a black male fathers children and sticks around to raise them? He's supposed to get extra credit for not dicking-n-ditching.

He hasn't said anything wrong. You, TS, just don't like his actions. I thought the sit out was a great business move and aiming for GSP instead of WB is no different then Conor aiming for RDA instead of Frankie.

So all fighters should be encouraged to sit out for 18 months to get a title shot that they didn't earn? If all the top fighters utilized this "great business move", there would be no UFC.

And in fact, him aiming for GSP is different. Woodley is the champ in his division, who feels entitled to handpick fights. Whereas RDA and Connor are in different divisions, and would have been a champ vs champ fight. Going up in weight to fight the champ is incredibly different when compared to handpicking guys in your own division. Also, Frankie never earned a title shot against Connor. He got the fight against Aldo and lost..whereas Wonderboy is on a 7 fight win streak and took out Hendricks and Rory..those two fights alone make him more deserving then even Woodley was to get his shot.

I didn't read this thread but I'm sure there is both thinly-veiled racism and thinly-vailed playing-the-race card and you are all stupid

The one who couldn't bother to read a thread, comments in said thread, saying they didn't read the thread while assuming dickhead things, just to then call everyone else stupid, all while using improper grammar, nonetheless..

..oh the hypocrisy..

He's right about Joe being a racist though. Joe's made comments about grape soda and KFC regarding black fighters, and even called them planet of the apes among other things.

Back