The Official Reasons Why People Don't Like Tyron Woodley

I don't not like him. It's just that I like him more when he gets KOed. He's cramping my style by avoiding Thompson.

eh, he falls somewhere in the middle for me on my list of annoying fighters fighters. which may be bad news from a promotional standpoint, considering ronda and conor are at the top. he needs to find a way to generate more hate.

I didn't like him after watching him repeatedly clamp on condits shorts to keep himself from getting triangle choked.

"I'm not sure why he stopped going for the choke?"- Rogan

Watching him celebrate the injury victory sealed it.

kip-computer.gif

Your sandy hair floats in the air. To me it's like a lullaby, I'm just flying by... Oh so high. Like a kite... tied to a ....

It actually seems like people are starting to like him. He's talking more, making some cool statements. Like wanting a big fight.

I didn't read this thread but I'm sure there is both thinly-veiled racism and thinly-vailed playing-the-race card and you are all stupid

Calling a grown man a child, because he looks out for his own interests, instead of mouth breathing fans is quite ridiculous. Says more about you than him. Until I see an equal backlash against the UFC for allowing this climate to exist, I am going to continue assuming some of you are just taking opportunities to bash a fighter you have a personal bias against.

He is a whiny child. I felt he deserved the shot, and I didn't have a problem with him waiting for it. However, now he's pulling the same crap that he was complaining about before, but when given resistance, he complains.

So you're saying people assume black athletes have bad cardio? and Conor McGregor is paid more because he's white?

Not that specifically, but people having different perceptions and bias towards black athletes? Absolutely. I'm not going to dive too deep into this, because of all the sensitive folks, but had Conor been black and doing the same shit, he'd have been called a thug and the perception would be completely different.

Yeah. That was what people hated about it. He wasn't even injured, he refused to fight!

He was injured ya goof and he was promised the title shot after JH ducked him. He waited about the same amount of time Carlos did for the GSP title shot.

I don't hate Woodley... but all of this does make me dislike him a little bit more.

I think Woolley is well spoken and a genuine dude. But I agree with all the things in the OP that he could have a lot more fans if he fought more and critisized fighters less

Official? Shit the only thing official is you clearly hate Tyron cause he's black.

I never really had a problem with him, even after the gastelum stinker, but him thinking he can pick his fucking opponents is a fucking joke, we really need to do away with rankings if we're just gonna let every fucking retiree get a title shot over a guy with 3 consecutive top 5 wins

he should shave his stupid beard, as should most fighters with beards.

this seems right to me.
Some reasons more than others, though.

I would say though, he did return part of Kevin's purse (for missing weight) and send him information about how he loses weight, so Kevin would not have problems in the future.
I thought it was a pretty good gesture.
Hes absolutely a stand up guy for that, how many guys have done that or would do that, just can't stand this shit ducking wonderboy, and who knows maybe he isn't "ducking" him but it looks real fucked up when a guy has KO'd a former champ and destroyed a guy that has a win over the current champ and you say he doesn't deserve it and hasn't done enough what the hell do you call it

Well..since youre all so mad why dont you all beat Tyrone Woodleys ass?

Bitchin on here isnt going to change anything.

So..shedog, GO GET EM!

His race comments bother alot of White people on here so naturally they are burning inside and want him to lose against anyone.
Weather what he said was true or false, they want the dude to fall.

Some of it has to do with robbie getting KOd. I love robbie myself, but i was concerned this fight because i wasnt sure who was going to win because of tyrons explosiveness.

He shouldnt have turned down Wonderboy, but if its for the cash, then GSP all the way. Not sure who wins that fight tho....cuz hes got some really quick speed. And that was evident in the last fight with lawler. Id want GSP to win, but unlinke 80 percent of sherdog, i can be a realist and am concerned about tyrons speed and GSP ability to neutralize it. He can take a page out of his buddies victory over woodley but woodley may have adjusted to that.
All in all, i want GSP to win, but woodleys power and quickness still worries me.

The nick diaz fight is a WTF one for me. Thats not a money fight. At all and i think he crushes Nick honestly, or KOs him.

Back