The Official Reasons Why People Don't Like Tyron Woodley

You forgot his loud ass mom.

Insert Marqurdt KO of TWood....3,2,1...

kip-computer.gif

I hate a lot of what he says for sure, but I don't hate him, yet

He gets a lot of hate on these boards. Many times I see threads asking why. Some people even act like disliking Woodley is racist. However, Woodley has had his chances to gain fans of the MMA community but repeatedly puts his foot (and actions) in his mouth.
  • #1 Putting on a total stinker against Kelvin Gasteullum at UFC 183, despite appearing much faster and in better shape (Gastellum missed weight barbarically). To the booing crowd, Woodley said: "People don't wanna hear it, but I wasn't looking for knockout. I don't want to finish every fight. I wanted to move around and watch my work."
  • #2 Tyron Woodley beat fan favorite Carlos Condit by TKO via injury. Woodley celebrated as Condit tore his knee. Joe Rogan asked him if that diminished his victory in any way to which Woodley responded: "No, I hurt his knee when I took him down, that is part of the process. It is a legitimate finish, people hurt their knees all the time in practice. I hurt it, he didn't hurt it."
  • #3 Tyron Woodley Accuses the UFC of Racism. He states that Conor McGregor, Michael Bisping, and Nick Diaz receive special treatment that a black fighter is not capable of receiving.

• #4 He further cements his accusations of racism by saying that Rogan praises white fighters who look like they are about to pass out. But because Woodley is black, he is presumed to have bad cardio. That is why guys like Kimbo and Dada 3000 are criticized by Rogan, but if they were white, Tyron states they would be praised instead.
  • #5 Waits 18 months without taking a fight for a Title Shot that many thought he didn't earn, especially in comparison to Wonderboy. In fact, Woodley said this after Wonderboy knocked out Johnny Hendricks: “He didn’t earn a title shot, but he put himself in position. I feel like he should fight one more fight, maybe against Rory MacDonald. Another long striker so we can see how he does with a striker who can deal with that. Then he’s ready to roll.”
  • #6 He further adds insult to injury by refusing to fight Wonderboy after winning the title despite that fact that Wonderboy did fight Rory and win. He even goes as far as to say Wonderboy hasn't done enough, despite beating Rory and Hendricks on his 7 fight winning streak. Interesting coming from the recipient of a gifted title shot.
  • In his most recent interview, Woodley states Thompson "Doesn't deserve a title shot" for falsely predicting a Lawler victory. "Now he will have to wait and take a few more fights", says Woodley. I guess he doesn't want Thompson sitting out. He would know.
View attachment 126101
View attachment 126103

I like him ,,
Better than Robbie .. Woodley as a champ is actually good. He's a very vocal guy, he has a podcast, he goes on other podcasts to promote his name and he usually says entertaining stuff he does work for fox. Robbie was rather dull in my mind.
He's just a guy who knows what he wants and is will to wait to get them. If I was promised a shot I would wait too.
As for the black thing, most black guys think the world is against them so it's normal lol
If Woodley defends the belt a few times I bet he will be twice as popular as Robbie if he wasn't already. Robbie was just a hardcore fan favorite but nobody even knows who he is in reality. Woodley is hated by some hardcores on sherdog ,,, big deal lol

I don't hate him.....I just dislike his genetic predisposition to gas quickly

I used to like him a bit, but his talk of choosing oponents as soon as he won the belt seems lame to me. now I just want him to lose already

He also ducked Lombard because that fight was "bad for his brand".

Anyone else like MMA because of the fights, and not because it's some sort of soap opera?

I don't know why but he always reminded me of a josh koshchek. His fight style and the way he talks. LOL. I think he's alright and if he doesn't get his overhand right in, he's nothing much, but I guess he's going full on nate diaz stating that all he wants is the money fight. Wonderboy deserves the fight and will get screwed over just like the people down in featherweight. lol.

For the most part I've been neutral about Woodley, neither liking or disliking him. I felt like Wonderboy should have gotten the TS over him, from a stand point of having done more to earn one, but also because it was the match up that I wanted to see.

I don't care at all for Woodley's position regarding who he should fight next and why .. it doesn't make me hate him or anything, but I am no more interested in him now than I was before he beat Robbie, and I doubt that will change.

He beat Robbie, this is my only reason for dislike.

He reminds me of this guy, even though he looks nothing like him.

maxresdefault.jpg

Is it the ashy knuckles? I don't know. I don't think I've seen Woodley smile even once, either.

Lol @ Kimbo and Dana would be praised if they were white.

Tyron Woodley is one of my least favorite fighters. His fights and skillset are unspectacular and he's bad on the mic. He thinks he's a really smart guy but comes off as the opposite.

I used to like Woodley a bit like a year ago, I still remember when Hendricks pulled in their fight he was suggesting a better way to get a TS that will make the rightful #1 contender get the TS and then he is pulling this "money" fight crap, I really want WB to get the next TS, he absolutely deserve it.

Also the fact he said WB can finally fight Lawler now that he lost the belt seems a bit shady for me.

He's not going to be around long enough for me to actually become annoyed with him.

Valid points but I don't dislike the guy

Back