The Official Hockey Thread

I have a friend who used to live in Minnesota but she moved to Arizona. She said the Xcel Centre would be awsome and it was. They showed a few clips of the Badgers I think they are, and everyone went nuts. Every time Bertuzzi touched the puck he got boo'd like crazy. It was hilarious

Gophers that is it. Yeah.

Bertuzzi kicked the shit out of the Wild in the playoffs last year so I can understand the hatred. Good city. I loved it

Cairns is bitching about how he got sucker punched and shit but he had his gloves off. The guy thinks he is fucking Zoro with that stick half the time and like punching Ruchinsky is really the honorable thing. The guy is a fucking cry baby

I hope Olie the Goalie becomes a Leaf. He is the man. John Davidson and Sam Rosen do the Rangers commentary and are great and I remember years ago them showing Kolzig's upper deck card and it was him eating a hot dog. Shows you what kind of guy he is, great sense of humor

I am dying for a major trade to happen or even a decent deal, as long as it doesn't invovle Chris Simon that is

Robot Paul Sr. as an av is a great idea

Rumors of Leetch to Dallas, Nedved or Kovalov to Detroit.

Marchment should play more. He was pretty fucking good last night. I say the Leafs deal him to the Rangers for Poti. Please

He didn't request the trade but he has a 2 year deal and they will probably trade him to help him win a cup before the lockout.

Trade Nedved for a peanut butter sandwich for all I care. Anyone can have him, Ruchinsky or Poti for anything. Kovalev I hope stays. He has tons of heart and honestly, if he played with players who gave a fuck or who weren't puck hogs, like Nedved and Ruchinsky, he would score so much more. I love him though. He throws the body a ton, he is a great two way player and he was one of our draft picks.

I have searched but I can't find shit. Nothing on t.v from what I have seen but I ran out of patiences in 5 minutes. Time will tell

I read that NJ is close to getting Gonchar than the Leafs are so maybe it is for someone else. Who knows. It is probably nothing.

Thats not a bad trade for the Rangers actually. Thanks boss very good to know.

Refs in the NHL suck fucking ass. They are afraid of making each other look bad

McGoo, Frasier, Walcom or whatever, the guy with the moustache who looks like a beaver and a few others.

Sather is stepping down

The Avs are interested in Gonchar now. You poor Leaf fans might have to settle for Tom Poti

Gonchar took warm ups and was then a healthy scratch. Traded perhaps?

Apparently on the Sabres website it was posted that Kovalev was traded for Satan but that was taken off and apparently someone "jumped the gun".

Also give it up for Chris Simon who has been tearing it up for the last 3 games.

Kovalev will do great in Montreal. He played with Nedved and Ruchinsky in New York and those two fuckers never pass the puck and they get knocked off the puck so easily. He works harder than he is given credit for and he plays a good two way game. His only real problem are he gets incredibly frustrated and takes dumb penalties and he turns the puck over a lot.

That is one guy I really didn't want to see go but I hope they try to sign him when he becomes a free agent next year

Originally posted by KidNotorious
Kovalev is the biggest puck hog in the NHL as well as being very immature and undisciplined. He is lazy as evidenced by his daily lack of backchecking and obstruction hooking penalties. I've never seen a player negate power plays with offensive zone penalties as much as Alex. I am unfortuantely a Ranger fan (yes we suck) and I see him play every game. The man is an enigma. Not many players in the NHL with that much natural talent. What a waste.

Actually I find the opposite with Kovalev. I watch Ranger games on our satellite and he is the only back checking foward half of the time. He does take bad penalities but I don't think he is a puck hog at all. He has balls too and he will hit anyone. If anyone on that team is a puck hog it is Nedved. On a line with Nedved, Hlavic or Ruchinsky, Kovalev is the only one back checking while the other two float. Poti last night was also floating and one of the penalities Kovalev took was Poti's fault because he pinched when he shouldn't have.
I absolutely love Kovalev but on a line with Nedved no one can win. He is fucking useless. I would trade him for anyone, even that motherless fuck Shelley.

Yup. I am a die hard Ranger fan and I watch a lot of games on the dish so its not like I am talking out of my ass either. Granted he has some pretty bad games but I stand by what I wrote because its the truth.

Anson Carter played so shitty when he was in NY because he was on a line with Nedved

I agree he used to be and on occassion this year he has been, but it is frustrating listening to the boos for Kovalev when he is playing both ways. He definitly needs to work on his back checking skills, but he makes the effort unlike a lot of players on that team.

Come on someone take Poti, Nedved or Ruchinsky. Please. Please

Nedved and Markanen to Edmonton for Dwight Helminen, goaltender Stephen Valiquette and a second-round pick in the upcoming draft.

Whoooooooooo!

Back