Opinion The Most Important Issue Facing Us

It has got to be CRT. If people find out about the atrocities committed against poc by this country they might want those wrongs rectified. We can’t have that happen.

It has got to be CRT. If people find out about the atrocities committed against poc by this country they might want those wrongs rectified. We can’t have that happen.
Lol, teaching that stuff to 10 year olds is going to rectify the wrongs.
{<jordan}

Exactly. If we're talking about the United States then our biggest problem is our dysfunctional and corrupt federal government because:

A. They are at the root of most problems we face.

B. And they're too corrupt/inept to fix the remaining problems that they didn't create.
That’s kind of where I was going. There really is no “us”. We’re so divided politically in this country (and even in GA) that my answer to that question would be there is no us. We hate each other based on our political affiliation. That’s the #1 issue facing us - we’re too divided to get anything done.

THe #1 problem facing the US is the failure of the education system to provide a uniform and comprehensive system to the entire nation. The 50 states approach to teaching means that we can't be sure that every kid is learning the same things, especially when it comes to history and civics. That means that the national identity is getting broken down into at least 50 different foundations of what the nation is. With that many different foundations, you have no chance of real national identity.

The other problem is that our K-5 education system is not predicated on producing the most educated children possible, instead it rewards the most resourced children and disregards the least resourced. We're basically leaving money on the table. And in the global race which is increasingly predicated on technological and scientific advancement, it's a failing approach. China has 4-5 times our population, they can under educate and still out produce when it comes to high skilled people. India has the same advantage. I don't think people appreciate just how of an advantage having one of the top 5 largest populations has been to our development.

THe #1 problem facing the US is the failure of the education system to provide a uniform and comprehensive system to the entire nation. The 50 states approach to teaching means that we can't be sure that every kid is learning the same things, especially when it comes to history and civics. That means that the national identity is getting broken down into at least 50 different foundations of what the nation is. With that many different foundations, you have no chance of real national identity.

The other problem is that our K-5 education system is not predicated on producing the most educated children possible, instead it rewards the most resourced children and disregards the least resourced. We're basically leaving money on the table. And in the global race which is increasingly predicated on technological and scientific advancement, it's a failing approach. China has 4-5 times our population, they can under educate and still out produce when it comes to high skilled people. India has the same advantage. I don't think people appreciate just how of an advantage having one of the top 5 largest populations has been to our development.
What would prevent the curriculum from radically changing with each new POTUS?

Last time I had anyone religious try and get me involved they were really nice. I was sat on a curb smoking, texting a friend. Two I swear identical twins pulled up on their pushbikes with white shirts, black trousers and black ties. When I said I wasn't really interested they were polite and wished me a good day. Very pleasant, far more than people knocking on my door at 8am on a Saturday trying to force their way into my house to preach about The Watchtower.

The next time the twins show up ask them this. "Have you read the New Testament?" If they say no then I'm like "Yeah, this conversation is over. Come back when you have and if you don't have a copy, you can borrow mine. I have several."

What would prevent the curriculum from radically changing with each new POTUS?
Do it through Congress is probably the best bet. Because any problem you have with a POTUS is the same problem you're going to have with a governor...except 50x more frequent.

But Congress really can't do it. And the POTUS can't either - federal education policy is grant based so states are free to ignore the Department of Education if they want to and just say no to the extra money. I've thought about it but I haven't come up with or read any way to really create a consistent national education plan that's sustainable because ultimately it is a state issue.

Haha it was what a climate denier said here in the Netherlands as excuse that climate change is a hoax

It reminded me of the legendary Trump tweet
Proper lol. Where in The Netherlands are you? I was in Amsterdam for 4 years.

Back