Opinion The Most Important Issue Facing Us

Why nuke us so quickly when we can slowly heat up the planet and die off in a few more generations? Microwave versus Slow Cooker

The biggest issue no-one is talking about is demographic implosion.

This woman just came to my door and asked me what was the number one issue facing us in Georgia. I said, "nuclear war," to which they acted shocked I'd give such an off the wall answer.

I bring this up here because I know y'all are mostly worried about police killings, cancel culture, wokeness, preventing reparations by undercutting CRT, advocating for AR-15 open carry for 18 year olds, abortion, chicks with dicks and so on, but you must certainly think that the number one issue facing us is nuclear war.

We are in a proxy war with one nuclear power and in a political alliance against another which is much more powerful and much more thin skinned than the prior.
so just some random woman banged on your door? I'd say she was the number one issue. You actually answered her without telling her to shoo?

Hand down it’s gotta be the fact that Mexican Pizzas are back at Taco Bell.

My particular Taco Bell got it back, then ran out with no plans to get it back. It’s an outrage!

No one is going to start a nuclear war that everyone will lose any time soon.

I disagree. I think any of religious nut would if they believed their religion told them too. This is my biggest concern. Crazy “Christian Nationalist” or Islamist nutjobs believing they should because their invisible sky friend told them too.

My first question would be who is “us”?

Exactly. If we're talking about the United States then our biggest problem is our dysfunctional and corrupt federal government because:

A. They are at the root of most problems we face.

B. And they're too corrupt/inept to fix the remaining problems that they didn't create.

I agree, TS.

Can't hug your children with nuclear arms.

I disagree. I think any of religious nut would if they believed their religion told them too. This is my biggest concern. Crazy “Christian Nationalist” or Islamist nutjobs believing they should because their invisible sky friend told them too.
Don’t forget the paid off “experts” in a lab coat. They can get folks to do some crazy shit..

I’m honestly not worried about anything, life is too short , and anything bullshit like war is beyond my control, so what’s the point?

so just some random woman banged on your door? I'd say she was the number one issue. You actually answered her without telling her to shoo?

Why would you tell them to shoo...its usually a lot more fun to grab your cigarettes and pen and engage these people.

Why would you tell them to shoo...its usually a lot more fun to grab your cigarettes and pen and engage these people.
Last time I had anyone religious try and get me involved they were really nice. I was sat on a curb smoking, texting a friend. Two I swear identical twins pulled up on their pushbikes with white shirts, black trousers and black ties. When I said I wasn't really interested they were polite and wished me a good day. Very pleasant, far more than people knocking on my door at 8am on a Saturday trying to force their way into my house to preach about The Watchtower.

Vote for whoever she was working for. Idk. I made sure to forget the name and throw the flyer in the trash before I could store it.

Yeah, don't expect me to have a political discussion with you on my porch here in the Summer in Ga. Give me what you got, and I'll put it in file #13.

File #13 means I will feed your materials to a goat.

Last time I had anyone religious try and get me involved they were really nice. I was sat on a curb smoking, texting a friend. Two I swear identical twins pulled up on their pushbikes with white shirts, black trousers and black ties. When I said I wasn't really interested they were polite and wished me a good day. Very pleasant, far more than people knocking on my door at 8am on a Saturday trying to force their way into my house to preach about The Watchtower.

Religious visitors are my fave. I'll start giving them shit about the story of Job and it really amuses me when they gotta call in backup. I'll start right up like hey familiar with the story and since you are here I got a few questions.

Religious visitors are my fave. I'll start giving them shit about the story of Job and it really amuses me when they gotta call in backup. I'll start right up like hey familiar with the story and since you are here I got a few questions.
I haven't had anyone bang on my door since I moved from the UK. Friend of mine used to let them in, put the kettle on and have a full on discussion with them till they made their excuses and high tailed it.

@Gutter Chris
My mum was the best, she was deeply Christian and was so polite about her beliefs they would just quit. It then got to the stage where she could see them coming and let my step-dad answer the door. Her favourite game was having cream carpet so they couldn't come in.

Back