The "Mike Perry is a douchebag" Myth

Silly because he has money from UFC now? But when he gets cut and have no money will he break into homes again? He could.I don't see him changing his thug attitude.

Also even if he is not doing it now he still did it in the past and I have my right to not like a person who went down that path Many people were in bad situations and chose not to go to crime. So when you ask me why I don't like him that is why. Don't see why I have to adore someone like Perry. There are other people worth respecting.

People deserve the chance to redeem themselves. He had some run ins with the law, but does that mean it's out of the realm of possibility he'll never do it again? Again, seems like a silly thing to waste time speculating on. I'd much rather just watch him fight

You don't have to like him of course, that's your right, but I just find that reason to be a huge reach. Unless he provably still does bad stuff like that, I just can't bring myself to give a shit. Gustafsson is one of my favorite fighters, and him being a criminal in the past never once crossed my mind.

People deserve the chance to redeem themselves. He had some run ins with the law, but does that mean it's out of the realm of possibility he'll never do it again? Again, seems like a silly thing to waste time speculating on. I'd much rather just watch him fight

You don't have to like him of course, that's your right, but I just find that reason to be a huge reach. Unless he provably still does bad stuff like that, I just can't bring myself to give a shit. Gustafsson is one of my favorite fighters, and him being a criminal in the past never once crossed my mind.

Gustafsson is different. His behavior is more calm and he really does seem like someone who is truly changed. On the other hand Perry acts like a white wanna be homie/thug from the hood and shows bully behaviour so in my eyes he is not changed much from his burgling days. If he acted different maybe I would give him benefit of a doubt.

He has entertaining fights and I like to watch them. I don't have to like him to enjoy his fights. TS asked why I think that he is a douche and in my book breaking into homes of honest working people is a douche move...hence he is a douche. Still acts like a douche....so still douche. Not that I care, he can be douche all he wants. TS asked and I replied.

Gustafsson is different. His behavior is more calm and he really does seem like someone who is truly changed. On the other hand Perry acts like a white wanna be homie/thug from the hood and shows bully behaviour so in my eyes he is not changed much from his burgling days. If he acted different maybe I would give him benefit of a doubt.

He has entertaining fights and I like to watch them. I don't have to like him to enjoy his fights. TS asked why I think that he is a douche and in my book breaking into homes of honest working people is a douche move...hence he is a douche. Still acts like a douche....so still douche. Not that I care, he can be douche all he wants. TS asked and I replied.

What makes him a bully?

Come on Kone

I'm serious lol, him flipping off Jouban before the fight and shitposting on Twitter? Refusing to shake some guys hand and screaming in his face? I just think that's pre-fight shit, he's hype as fuck. Definitely wouldn't constitute it as bullying.

The redemption story is always a good one. It's good to see someone turn their life around for the better. I wish Perry the best and hope that he stays on the straight and narrow and continues to improve himself. I couldn't support him against my boy Alan, and I doubt he'll ever be champ, but I hope he has a nice career as fun fighter to watch, that makes a nice chunk of money.

I'm serious lol, him flipping off Jouban before the fight and shitposting on Twitter? Refusing to shake some guys hand and screaming in his face? I just think that's pre-fight shit, he's hype as fuck. Definitely wouldn't constitute it as bullying.

he's definitely trying to though. but still, you right, it's all pre-fight tactics.

And you think that is the only time he acts like that? Come on Kone.

The op is terrible. 2 things that's stood out
1) rondo is not generally loved here

2) that black dick remark was kinda racist. /sjw

There's a couple of reasons why Perry is copping so much shit after that loss. Heaps of fighters have dodgy pasts (is that really surprising?), so I can forgive his past scumbagness. Everyone deserves a second chance.

Platinum also decided to ride the bad guy wave in his MMA career, carrying on, taking a page out of McGregor's book and doing disrespectful things, acting crazy at the weigh ins, ect. That's fine too in my books. The McGregors and Diaz's of the world proved that it gets people to tune in, and it did. He got a crazy amount of hype for his first two undercard fights. Fair enough, do what you have to do to get noticed.

The guy is a slugger with crazy power and he built up a lot of hyper very quickly against mediocre opponents. Not his fault, he doesn't choose his fights.

...but his undoing was his Jouban fight. Jouban is a GOOD fighter, knows how to use his strengths and knows how to avoid other fighter's capitalizing on his weaknesses. Perry pressed the action and tried to chase him down. He even hurt Jouban at one point, but then Perry got tagged and dropped in the second. All that bad guy, tough as nails stuff just vanished. I've said it a few times in other threads, but it's true - it's HOW he lost. He just....quit. He did nothing after getting dropped. A total contradiction to what he was supposed to 'be'.

Pretty disappointing really. That's the one thing he had, that was his thing, he was supposed to be a relentless power puncher. But he basically quit after getting wobbled for the first time in a pro fight.

That's not the end of Platinum, he still obviously has a lot to offer. Everyone learns from their first loss, and he stumbled against a good fighter on his way up. He can rebound from this. His style is good for the sport, he can go on and mirk the next guy and everyone will forget about this fight, but he needs to learn from that loss.

Despite all the shit he's now copping, he can learn and turn things around. His style is exactly what the sport needs: he's got awesome power, good TDD and walks forward. He just needs to learn to overcome adversity when he's caught.

First, it seems the guy get's shit from run-ins with the law in the past. As we all know sherdoggers are the perfect example of an god fearing christian human being that never cussed in their life so they can judge whoever they want by their past.

Forget about the guy putting himself in a better path in life with MMA that is a great thing, gotta hate on what he used to do right ? Like it ins't the case with many other fighters.

Now, he doesn't have sportsmanship ? really ? If you're the same dumbass fan that says fighters have to promote themselves, why you blame him for trying to get himself attention with his trash talk and actions ? Why is it that when he does it, it's douchebagery, but when other's do you're fine with it and calls it "self-promoting"?

- Lesnar punches Mir shit in and the good ol "Frank Mir had a horseshoe up his arse..." talk post fight, not a douchebag ?

- Ronda pre-holm fight acted like a douchebag, it was her last fight, still she's loved here like she never did that.

- Conor McGregor talking about RDA's kids and calling Dennis Siver a "Nazi". Conor has the most disgusting nuthuggers on earth STILL, after saying so much shit. yet they wanna talk about Mike's actions as if they're worse ? eat a black dick.

Mike tries to sell his fight, barely does anytihng that serious at the weigh ins, "hurr durr he's an douchebag". REALLY ?

Mike isn't a douchebag, his haters are hyprocite judgemental assholes.
I legit lol'd at 'Ronda is loved around here'.

Oh and who's Mike Perry?

agree with op.

guy aint some model human.
who is?

those who are are usually boring idiots.

perry's alright.

He faked a handshake with a large asian gentleman and everyone got incredibly butthurt. He's also confident which makes him the anti-christ on Sherdog pretty much

I made a thread asking why so many people dislike Garbrandt and 90% of the responses were "he looks like a douche." Sherdog doesn't like people that remind them of the bullies that gave them wedgies and shoved them in lockers in high school

I like Garbrandt and hate Perry. I guess I am just confused......

What you say and do is a reflection of who you are. If you act and talk like a dick, then you are a douche even if it's to hype a fight.

Who is this christian fellow you talk about?

Back