The "Mike Perry is a douchebag" Myth

Was not expecting you to reside in the UK @Jehannum - where in the UK are you from?
From Blackburn, Lancashire in the north west, but lived on the south east coast for the last 19years, around Brighton. My sherdog location has been set to ENGLAND for a long time but I recently changed it ;) and what about you? a/s/l ?

Every single one of the fighters you listed is a douchebag (and known as such).

From Blackburn, Lancashire in the north west, but lived on the south east coast for the last 19years, around Brighton. My sherdog location has been set to ENGLAND for a long time but I recently changed it ;) and what about you? a/s/l ?

haha! Sorry I was just having a read and saw you put UK and I just didn't expect you to be British - I don't know why. Never been to Brighton, been to Portsmouth though so I'm counting that. I've also not been to Blackburn before but have been to Burnley so I'm counting that too.

I'm a Brummie born and bred (don't judge), last time I checked I was male and I'm around 4 years older than my desired age of 21.

Well said TS...who among us hasn't made mistakes in our lives...Mike Perry is an inspiration who is living proof that it's not where you come from but where you are going that counts...

douche·bag
ˈdo͞oSHbaɡ/
noun
noun: douche bag; plural noun: douche bags; noun: douchebag; plural noun: douchebags
  1. 1.
    a small syringe for douching the vagina, especially as a contraceptive measure.
  2. 2.
    North Americaninformal
    an obnoxious or contemptible person, typically a skilless man named Mike Perry.

the racist stuff towards Lim from the corner tells you with what type of dudes he surrounds himself with. the robbery/battery/holdup sheet gives a glimpse, but people can change. off camera remarks towards Youban are prickly but also tricky since he could be trying to get into his opponent's head, or he's a natural born asshole. lack of a handshake at the weigh-ins was minor, imo. tattooing "god's gift" on your chest would get you ridiculed up here, but it could also pass as a joke, depending on the dude.

so as you see there's a lot of stuff to dislike since you have to find a reason to justify all these things to paint him in a good light, while sharing the blame doesn't negate it. gives a typical meathead bully vibe to me.

haha! Sorry I was just having a read and saw you put UK and I just didn't expect you to be British - I don't know why. Never been to Brighton, been to Portsmouth though so I'm counting that. I've also not been to Blackburn before but have been to Burnley so I'm counting that too.

I'm a Brummie born and bred (don't judge), last time I checked I was male and I'm around 4 years older than my desired age of 21.
Brighton's alright and much less miserable than Portsmouth, but Burnley and Blackburn are pretty much the same thing really. Shitholes. :D I'm never going back lol

so you have the typical brummie accent?

If he acts like a douche he's a douche.

Get over it.

If he acts like a douche he's a douche.

Get over it.
well he gets inside and cleans vaginas if that's what you mean

CzlVK--UUAAk_jw.jpg:large

Brighton's alright and much less miserable than Portsmouth, but Burnley and Blackburn are pretty much the same thing really. Shitholes. :D I'm never going back lol

so you have the typical brummie accent?

I'm glad for you that Portsmouth is worse than Brighton because you're right it's miserable as fuck.

And yes - in fact, it's stronger than most. I have close ties to the Wolverhampton and West Bromwich area and it has significantly impaired my accent beyond all credibility.

<{boneytears}>

You'd get less disrespect sent your way if you and your gang of thugs didn't disrespect Alan as much as you did.

Come on Alan
This was nothing personal, just some spellings to the just bleed Gods
It is pretty common here and not meant to disrespect an opponent, this is a way to support a fighter

By what they're doing now ????

Having an eye in somebody's past is ok, exagerating it to use as an excuse to attack someone is bullshit. If he was that bad, he wouldn't be where he is in first place, he'd still be doing those things.

Mike ain't worse than Joe Son or Cody East. that Madadi guy stole someone's purse WHILE having an UFC contract. Nobody goes after the guy.

If talking shit about fighter's past makes sense, go after those too.

It seems people go after anything they find about him to discredit the guy somehow. That is bullshit.

I just find him over rated. Look at his footwork in his last fight ,he just plodded forward ,couldn't cut any angles to stop Jouban . I couldn't care less about his past IF he learned from his past and is a better person now. I do think the tattoo of " God's Gift" across his abs says it all, the guy is is in love with himself.

Although I did have a bit more respect for him after the fight when he went over took a lil bow towards Allan, that was respectful. He's still young and has time to show he's cleaned up his act ,if he has. Only time will tell

Alan Jouban confirmed he's a douchebag

Here take a listen. It's actually a very insightful and revealing interview
0:16

Some guys are douchebags. It's okay. The world would be a dull place if everyone was the same. Mike would admit to your face that he's a douchebag because he embraces it. Stop fucking crying.

I haven't really followed jouban but he seems like a stand up guy in this interview. I look forward to following his career now.

He definitely gives off douche vibes, and the people he surrounds himself with have done douchey things.

Back