The Meg DESTROYED Crazy Rich Asians At The Box Office... Why's The Latter Getting So Much More Love?

They're both mindless fluff pieces, I'm sure. My problem is with these, err, "progressive" movies like this one getting heaps of critical praise simply because of the ethnicity of the cast and crew.

"From the director who brought you 'GI Joe: Retaliation', 'Now You See Me 2', and 'Step Up 2: The Streets' comes..."

Yeah, I'm sure it's a real winner.

The liberal media wants people to believe that Asians are the rulers of the West. The left and the right can suck my nuts. I"m sorry for posting this here in the mayberry, but I believe this OP should be in the War room.

The liberal media wants people to believe that Asians are the rulers of the West. The left and the right can suck my nuts. I"m sorry for posting this here in the mayberry, but I believe this post should be in the War room.
Not to drag this into WR territory, but LOL if you think the liberal media has a positive relationship with Asian Americans

Not to drag this into WR territory, but LOL if you think the liberal media has a positive relationship with Asian Americans
they don't bro, that's my point.

I claimed I dont care because.. I dont care.
im giving you my view on why the film was a success. black inclusion + superhero film = success from casuals.

If that's true it's a good thing. Because for decades Hollywood thought that only white inclusion = success from casuals. If they are changing their tune that's a good thing for diversity. We should be happy about this instead of rustled.

These two are different kinds of movies cannot compare box office numbers.

It is like comparing Avengers infinity war to a Rom Com or a documentary. Some movies are not meant draw that much money since their expense isnt even that high. Asians are cheap, so the salaries by low for that movie. The Meg likely costs lots of money to make.

Because ones a rom-com and ones a blockbuster monster movie? Durrrrrrr

Also last I checked(and my info might be outdated), ironically Crazy Rich Asians isn’t doing great in China. It really is a movie for Asian Americans more than it is for foreign Asians. In America, Crazy Rich Asians is unique and somewhat special movie by virtue of having a full Asian cast and director. In China it’s just another rom-com. China loves the Meg.

Why are people still use box office success with quality of the movie. Blade Runner bombed at the box office but it was regarded as one of the best sci-fi film of all time. I've seen neither films so I won't comment on them directly but it seems most people have only watch the meg here, how about letting people who've seen both movies express their views.

If that's true it's a good thing. Because for decades Hollywood thought that only white inclusion = success from casuals. If they are changing their tune that's a good thing for diversity. We should be happy about this instead of rustled.
I agree. my only issue is the blatant cash grab theyre just hiring black characters for the sake of it. its like they've stepped up from the token black character to the token black cast.

Everyobe I know who's seen Crazy Rich Asians said it sucks. Everyone I k ow, including me, that saw The Meg said it rocked.

If you can't figure out why the liberal media is sucking CRA dick, you haven't been paying attention.
Lol Living in a trailer park : confirmed
<36>

Any movie with a minority cast these days is automatically one of the greatest movies ever made...I only saw the Meg, but my gf said CRA was good, but then again she's Asian lol...
How well do Tyler Perry movies do at the box office?
How well have Will Smith movies done lately?
Taraji Henson was in a shit movie earlier this year about a female hitman...and it bombed.
Beyonce was in a movie a few years ago that bombed.
PLENTY of minority helmed movies bomb all the time.

It is absolute bullshit that every minority movie makes it big. It's quite the opposite. The movies that do make it ARE actually usually pretty good. Just because they all aren't as easily relatable to a white audience (especially when that audience is coming into the movie already thinking it's a "SJW movie")
Too many conspiracy theorists out here acting like there has to be an agenda to everything. Most people like shit because they actually like it

It is bullshit. Taste is subjective and to me its shit of the bull. If your film has racial undertones simply for the sake of viewership, its lame to me
it's and adaptation of a book BY an Asian-American FOR Asian-Americans with an Asian cast. It wasn't expected to have crossover appeal. So what part of this is an "agenda"? It turned into a surprise hit simply because it turned out to be a good movie that resonated well with all audiences. Holy shit you guys are psychotic.

it's and adaptation of a book BY an Asian-American FOR Asian-Americans with an Asian cast. It wasn't expected to have crossover appeal. So what part of this is an "agenda"? It turned into a surprise hit simply because it turned out to be a good movie that resonated well with all audiences. Holy shit you guys are psychotic.
They don't want Asians to have their own movies, and they don't want Asians to be in "their" movies. They just don't want Asians period... unless it's a kung fu movie, then it's ok.

Its not bullshit. But racial inclusion just for the sake of trying to seem “woke”
Is annoying
Where did you get the idea that the movie was made "for the sake of trying to seem woke"?
EVERY time a movie with a minority cast is made, you get a group of people immediately saying this baseless nonsense. Why would that be your first thought when you see a movie come out with a cast of minorities? Why does there HAVE TO BE some sort of agenda? Why can't the people just be telling a story?
When's the last time you saw or heard about a movie starring an all asian cast in a non-martial arts movie?

This movie is based on a book written by an Asian, it is starring and directed by an Asian. It has an all asian cast. Black Panther was written and directed by a black male, and had an all black cast. Wonder Woman was written and directed by a woman.
Where is the agenda????????
It is just minorities making movies based off of their own life experiences and perspective.

Back