The Meg DESTROYED Crazy Rich Asians At The Box Office... Why's The Latter Getting So Much More Love?

The point is you were saying Meg is underated because it made more money. A movie operating on a much smaller budget and having a bigger return gets more people talking than a full blown overbudget Michael Bay type film. Also you were comparing world wide figures rather than domestic numbers

Why wouldn't I compare worldwide figures instead of only domestic ones?

Any movie with a minority cast these days is automatically one of the greatest movies ever made...I only saw the Meg, but my gf said CRA was good, but then again she's Asian lol...
Not even remotely true.

CRA was probably garbage though.

Why wouldn't I compare worldwide figures instead of only domestic ones?
You want to say that Transformers First Knight was more successful than Get Out because it brought in more total?

Its supposed to appeal to liberal america. Like i said. People who love illusory bullshit like yourself. Take a breather, babygirl
Lol. You have no clue. I feel sorry for sensitive snowflakes like you. It’s ok though. People like me make enough money and pay huge taxes support the trash in the trailer park.

Lol. You have no clue. I feel sorry for sensitive snowflakes like you. It’s ok though. People like me make enough money and pay huge taxes support the trash in the trailer park.
Lol like I said. Take a breather. Your TDS is flaring up

You sound like a Real Housewife or Orange County, stfu you try hard.

How much love are you supposed to give to a cheesy giant shark movie?
I saw it. It was fine. It's not a movie id think about past a week.
Just because Fast and the Furious makes more money than most other movies doesnt make it a better, or more relevant movie.

There are very few movies with an all asian cast , telling a normal family/love story. Movies like this will be a big deal until they're commonly made

Haven’t seen either movie but CRA is a big deal because it is a rom-com (which have been bombing for the past decade+ at the box office) with Asians (who never really get relevant roles in Hollywood). Obviously this a big deal, because Asians - both Asian-Americans and an oversees market that is increasingly more Westernized - are an untapped market with lots of buying power. Hollywood generally hates Asians, but they may pretend to like us if they think that can finally make money from us lol

Everyone I know who's seen Crazy Rich Asians said it sucks. Everyone I know, including me, that saw The Meg said it rocked.

If you can't figure out why the liberal media is sucking CRA dick, you haven't been paying attention.

Last edited:
What about he Asian movie would make me want to see it? That it’s Asian? Who gives a fuck about any part of he movie

Haven’t seen either movie but CRA is a big deal because it is a rom-com (which have been bombing for the past decade+ at the box office) with Asians (who never really get relevant roles in Hollywood). Obviously this a big deal, because Asians - both Asian-Americans and an oversees market that is increasingly more Westernized - are an untapped market with lots of buying power. Hollywood generally hates Asians, but they may pretend to like us if they think that can finally make money from us lol

Bobby Lee was on O&A once and he said he went in for an audition and delivered his lines in like a stereotypical hacky Asian accent and the casting director was like 'Just do it normal.' He said every single Asian actor had the same experience.

You can blame Hollywood for Asian representation in film, but part of the problem is the Asian actors themselves.

Or listen to Margaret Cho's comedy sometime.

They need to pick a lane. They complain about how they're all depicted as comic relief silly accent parts but then they all do it by choice too.

Bobby Lee was on O&A once and he said he went in for an audition and delivered his lines in like a stereotypical hacky Asian accent and the casting director was like 'Just do it normal.' He said every single Asian actor had the same experience.

You can blame Hollywood for Asian representation in film, but part of the problem is the Asian actors themselves.

Or listen to Margaret Cho's comedy sometime.

They need to pick a lane. They complain about how they're all depicted as comic relief silly accent parts but then they all do it by choice too.
Are you talking about Bobby's Kingkong audition? Because that's all what he talks about and it was in reverse. Casting director wants Bobby to "asian" it up instead of screaming like a normal person.

Because crazy rich asians has to do with racial inclusion. And liberal america loves that bullshit

How is that racist. Its true. The market wants racial inclusion. Hence why people were complaining that there wasnt enough blck winners at the oscars, the bext year there was a slew of them to compensate. Supply and demand.

When are you people going to stop throwing around the “racist” Title so liberally like its an insult or something

It is bullshit. Taste is subjective and to me its shit of the bull. If your film has racial undertones simply for the sake of viewership, its lame to me

Lemme guess. You had an absolute meltdown when you saw Black Panther was successful(?)

The same reason Transformers destroys the box office but gets mediocre reviews. Big dumb summer action film. There is absolutely nothing to love about that film except the shark on human action.

I legit dont care. but superhero movie + black inclusion = recipe for success to casuals. So im not surprised

Ah...

You claimed you "don't care" in one sentence and complained that the film was only successful b/c it had black super heroes in the subsequent sentence. Did you even see the movie, or do you assume any successful movie that doesn't have a cast like "Leave it to Beaver" is successful only because liberals fawn over it?

In simple terms do you think it's possible for a movie with a cast of racial minorities to ever just be good or is that impossible?

Ah...

You claimed you "don't care" in one sentence and complained that the film was only successful b/c it had black super heroes in the subsequent sentence. Did you even see the movie, or do you assume any successful movie that doesn't have a cast like "Leave it to Beaver" is successful only because liberals fawn over it?

In simple terms do you think it's possible for a movie with a cast of racial minorities to ever just be good or is that impossible?
I claimed I dont care because.. I dont care.
im giving you my view on why the film was a success. black inclusion + superhero film = success from casuals.

I claimed I dont care because.. I dont care.
im giving you my view on why the film was a success. black inclusion + superhero film = success from casuals.

Okay, apologies. Again, do you think a black film can ever be good, or no?

Back